It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saw something truly inspiring - true "feminism" or female empowerment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Oh, you mean when modern society tells us that we must work for 8 hours a day outside the house because if we stay at home to tend our children and mind that house we are somehow weak and subservient and worth less and shamed for it?

You know. That does sometimes happen. *blinks*

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Klassified

Oh, you mean when modern society tells us that we must work for 8 hours a day outside the house because if we stay at home to tend our children and mind that house we are somehow weak and subservient and worth less and shamed for it?

You know. That does sometimes happen. *blinks*

Starred, but the one difference is, you get to make that choice, an informed choice, whatever society may think of it. Kinda hard to ex-communicate you from society. Lol
edit on 4/20/2019 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
While driving home the other day I saw a team of 8 mules pulling a plow. It was strange that I couldn't see the person driving them but as I passed I noticed that it was a "smallish" woman (maybe 5'- 5'2) and the mules were HUGE. She was probably plowing 20 rows at a time and the length of the field is about 1/2-3/4 mile and a couple hundred yards wide. That is a big field to plow with animals (at least it seems to me it is). This was at an Amish farm btw. What was very interesting was where she was standing, which was on a little platform which looked like 1ft wide board which was located between the mules and the huge plow! I'm sure many people would flip out about the safety aspect of this but this seems to be a normal way of doing things and AFAIK the safety record is pretty good - because they are very conscious of the danger.

I would want to take a picture or video of that but I didn't want to ask her b/c I know how they feel about that, but it would have been very enlightening as to what real female empowerment is - not covering up an ugly face with Maybellene while wearing whore clothing - that seems to be what the media pushes as feminism today as well as blaming everyone else for being sexist and never accepting when they are at fault. (obviously not all are like this - but the media portrays this largely).

So I would like to see what 3rd wave feminazi's would say if they were required to do these actions by a person who might not even know what the meaning of feminism is. Could you imagine a university professor (feminazi professor) leaving her job to do this or any of her students choosing to do this?

When my cousin, which used to be a member here named WarriorMH had some guy attempt to rape her when she was 13, she did the following

Guy followed from school back to home
She went in and closed the door, she called the cops and waited for them to arrive
They took too long to arrive, the guy went into the house through a window
She went into int her mother's room and locked the door
She then picked up a gun that used to belong to my grandfather
She waited a bit more, no cops yet
Guy broke into the room
She shot the guy, she tried to hit the chest but hit below the hip instead because of how fast things happened and the gun being too heavy for her, as she is very skinny and was 13, and it was a .38 revolver
Guy got to her even after being shot, hit her hard in the face and banged her head into the wall several times, causing her to almost lose her right eye and have a concussion and so much loss of blood that almost killed her
Guy run out the door as soon as he realized he had been hit, fell on the carpet right there on the living room, with his pants down

Once my little sis woke up at the hospital, she asked about what happened next

She said "pointed and shot, and missed" she was disappointed she did not got him down with the only shot she had

Two months after this she was back on the street with a patch on her eye but completely happy and strong and willing to live

That's what i would call "feminism", not depending on anyone just because you are a girl, not laying down because you feel you are lost, not giving up on life because there was no one there to defend you. Not thinking you can't take care of yourself at all because you are a girl?

Doing work it's natural, it has happened since forever. But being equally able to defend yourself and command respect as any other human being? That's how things should be, regardless of gender

Oh, of course i may be biased LOL, who would not be in this situation? But i don't believe there should be any difference between man and woman, an pointing out this particular case keeps the bridge open, if you know what i mean..

I know men who are incredible respectable and working very hard to keep their kids going while being a widower, how should we call them then?

edit on 21-4-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: Raggedyman

That’s really disappointing, a lady chooses a lifestyle and you decide for her it’s not acceptable and you want to change her lifestyle
Muslims want to wear a hijab, that’s their choice

Sure its their choice, and it is my choice not to communicate with them, as

I feel it is very disrespectful for someone to attempt to communicate with

me while covering their mouth and eyes (the very essence of all communication)

You are deciding what is right for others
You, others are worse than the Amish, forcing your views, condemning free choice, you are all hypocrites

As another woman I am not forcing my views on them......but I am not allowing

them to foist their (in my view) medieval views on me!!

Surely feminism demands women free choice

Every one whatever sex is entitled to free choice, but they should be

prepared that their choice may not come without repercussions?

Well with that attitude elethia, I would be happy to wear a burqua in your presence, happily accept the repercussions of you not talking to me

I am sure they know fully well the repercussions of their choice far better than you
And I am pretty sure the Amish don’t force their view on anyone but
Klass may need to correct me

No. They do not force or push their views/beliefs on outsiders.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
Just because a religious sect is run by a patriarchal hierarchy doesn't always mean it is bad.

Setting aside the rest of your gigantic word salad this sentence basically sums up what I said. How can being in a religious cult be empowering.

Notice there wasn't a question mark at the end there since it's a statement.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join