It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why so insecure?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 05:31 AM
link   
This is an honest question.
Not directed to the left or the right but to both.

The level that people jump to the defense of their political "ideologies" confuses me.

I don't think people are trying to convince people that the other side is evil.
I think they are trying to convince you that their side is not.

The problem is that both sides are evil so people have to grasp at some straws whilst ignoring others.
It's just a theory, but....

If both sides were actually "good" do you think their would be less polarisation?

I don't think the level of polarisation we have can exist with people that are comfortable with their own beliefs.
edit on 20-4-2019 by Krahzeef_Ukhar because: editing is fun

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

defense of their political "ideologies" confuses me.

Sorry but both sides aren't equally evil but by your stating your opinion as fact it could be considered in itself evil. The USA has a corrupted MSM media similar to Germany pre WWII. If you cant see that then I wont comment further. I rely on experts.

edit on 20-4-2019 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 05:52 AM
link   

It's not a case of insecurity, for most ppl. I also don't think we are as divided as the MSM would lead you to believe.

Of course there are some issues that are diametrically opposite, but the majority just want a strong economy, and to be left alone to live their lives as they wish. That part in the preamble, about pursuit of happiness, comes to mind.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar
This is an honest question.
Not directed to the left or the right but to both.

The level that people jump to the defense of their political "ideologies" confuses me.

I don't think people are trying to convince people that the other side is evil.
I think they are trying to convince you that their side is not.

The problem is that both sides are evil so people have to grasp at some straws whilst ignoring others.
It's just a theory, but....

If both sides were actually "good" do you think their would be less polarisation?

I don't think the level of polarisation we have can exist with people that are comfortable with their own beliefs.

Wasn't it Jesus who said "why do you call me good ? There is none who is good except God" .
And that's reasonably wise .
Are you trying to compare the average voters or the onsite political shills ?
The US presidential election was decided on who's the lesser of two evils , even the russian leadership Putin preferred the uncertainties of Trump being king over the built up toxicities of Clinton . And now look , they , ended up getting a dedicated unipolarist telling them straight they have to 'get out' of Venezuela ... etc . And that's the only time a US election matters in terms of left right, choice vs choice , sometimes it's been the same choice of ultimate power anyway, regsrdless of voter ignorance : it was a crucial time , now gone by , due again 2020 . All the rest is talk , by people who don't matter .

The left right thing is totally ignorable , and one of it's functions is it draws opinions over facts , and ends up in only creating confusing contortions of reality . It's really a stupid thing, the left right arguments , that some people get drawn into , and they do that often without possession of decent information , or with the fronting of skewed messages . But there is no room for bias , its a useless degenerate phenomenon which should be confined to the past .

So it's better to look for and know or use the purely factual over any perceived 'goodness' either of the moral persuasion or of ideas . If both sides were actually 'right' , you can be sure it would lessen polarisation , in fact we'd all be on the same side . Can you argue over what is true or not though ? Not really , because what's true will remain true regardless of anyone's opinion .

edit on 20-4-2019 by DoctorBluechip because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
Sorry but both sides aren't equally evil but by your stating your opinion as fact it could be considered in itself evil.

Exactly!!!!

But even you admit that they aren't "equally evil".
Do you think if they weren't evil at all their would be less polarisation?

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I've noticed recently that there's an epidemic of "the pot calling the kettle black" here and elsewhere, on thread after thread, on blogs, comments and "news" reports.
Memories are very selective as is context, what an individual will infer from any given piece of information is entirely dependent on political affiliation and the one thing you can be sure of is, if one side is blaming the other side for something, thier side has been equally, if not more guilty of the same thing in the past.
The reason why is simple....
WE ARE ALL HUMAN....
MEANING IN CERTAIN SITUATIONS, THERE IS A COMMON RESPONSE TYPICAL OF MODERN HUMAN BEHAVIOUR!.
It's just sad that they(the partisans), refuse to see it, or even consider the possibility that they may be engaged in continuing hypocrisy.
Even worse is the absolute refusal to admit that they could possibly be *the crowd gasps*.....WRONG!

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Sometimes the most shallow streams makes the most noise.

edit on 20-4-2019 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
Sometimes the most shallow stream makes the most noise.

Far more eloquently put, but that's the point I was trying to make.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Yeah , and me.
They're all the same but some people don't see it.

Which flavour is best.
edit on 20-4-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip
Wasn't it Jesus who said "why do you call me good ? There is none who is good except God" .

Probably, he said a lot.

But he's making the same mistake that we all are now.
Assuming virtue without question.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun

Sometimes the most shallow streams makes the most noise.

that's a lie dude, liar, like that's not even true, no way that shallow streams
make noise....... you just made that up and it's not even true.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   

It’s the ones pulling the strings behind the scenes who are insecure. It was said that Roman slaves were allowed to dress the same as the citizenry because if the slaves ever realised how numerous they were, they would overtake Rome within a day.
We have a similar situation in this day and age, the difference being the slaves don’t realise they are slaves.

The Romans also came up with the concept of bread and circuses, and divide and conquer. Two strategies in full force today.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   

The problem is that both sides are evil

Yeah. No. There is more.

“The sad truth is that most evil is done by people who never make up their minds to be good or evil.”

Hannah Arendt

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Everyone's insecure partywise because they know their flogging a dead horse.
Humanity is still selfish, greedy, corrupt etc and never could stand as one. When the system is inherently designed to provide exactly what we want and still we @/ck it up.
Insecurity is a perfectly normal reaction to the realization of said @/ck up.
How do you be good with above traits????
You cant.
Non plastic goodguys just gotta sit it out.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Poor dear. Someday you may see right from wrong, good vs evil. That's what evil is all about; keeping you confused bless your heart.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

It’s the ones pulling the strings behind the scenes who are insecure.

I don't think that's the case.
We'd all like to believe that the "Masters" are insecure but why?

Perhaps they're perfectly comfortable with the decisions they have made.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Unfortunately, its the way it always was, has been and will be. That's human nature as evil always got the upper hand. In a democracy we depend on the Mainstream Media to be unbiased and moral. When that goes away ALL are screwed.

edit on 20-4-2019 by Waterglass because: typo

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: CADpro

Did you just give the OP the Southern Go F yerself cheer?

bless your heart

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: CADpro
Poor dear. Someday you may see right from wrong, good vs evil. That's what evil is all about; keeping you confused bless your heart.

What makes you assume I don't see it now?

This is a great example of the point I was trying to make.

Do you think if you weren't confident enough to assume knowledge of good and evil you would be able to have more productive discussions?
edit on 20-4-2019 by Krahzeef_Ukhar because: editing is fun

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

originally posted by: surfer_soul

It’s the ones pulling the strings behind the scenes who are insecure.

I don't think that's the case.
We'd all like to believe that the "Masters" are insecure but why?

Perhaps they're perfectly comfortable with the decisions they have made.

Insecurity is a side effect of power, it goes with the territory so to speak.

Who employs security services? Public relations experts etc...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join