It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sense of love

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Is feeling sorrow For another, a form of love?
I've always wondered about this and I have come to the conclusion that it depends entirely on how you feel sorrow or pity.
Firstly I looked at people feeling sorrow for themselves. To me, that doesn't come over as Love because one is locked in a state of bitterness. On the other hand one can have sorrow, yet still, sustain a sense of love. Are we able to experience sorrow and Love at the same time?
When it comes to feeling sorrow for others, how can that be done with love? I usually look at the opposite way to see how it's not done. When we point the finger, with a dose of sarcasm the love just isn't there. But if we are able to consider how the other feels, love stays available.
Would be nice to hear some other points of view on this large subject.
Happy Easter.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Great topic and Merry Holiday!

Empathy is a wonderful channel to absorb sorrow through. It seems the shortest paths to learning new aspects of life root by way of empathy. In the highest of probabilities the path of learning and programming form as a result of each own's projected reality. To put it a bit simpler... people are either a thermostat or a thermometer.

I'd like to dispel the notion that all whom don't experience a full spectrum of emotions are acting of a selfish nature. Thermometer lifestyles where outside influences of nature have a greater affect on demeanor towards programming just may not be spending enough time practicing outwardly projected feelings. In essence of this reflection, those who live as thermostats are better suited to absorb the frequency's of cold/hot... for not only one self, but for those who need a hand doing so as well. The programming is better suited for thermostats to serve others.

If the brain and logic centers urge us to help another, it serves as a human construct of action. All actions of human construct provide an equal or greater opposite reaction. It might not be known when, where, or how but, the opposite reaction will almost certainly coexist with the chosen action. If the urge to help others lessen the burdens of resistance in life by way of heart is the chosen path, then the equal and opposite reaction does not exist... the choices of empathy program the practice of sorrow to be channeled naturally through love. Living through the heart earns a commonly felt pain or struggle we call sorrow to morph into a joy and miracle of being expressed as love and empathy.

Those that can find joy in sorrow just may be better suited to help the sorrowful absorb their sorrows for them in our centered heart energy.

It is almost certain that these facets of emotion are of a binary existence just like all forms of life. To cut through the red tape of binary realities and programming one will almost always find a well centered and neutral channel for emotions of all variety. If the heart truly channels the emotion it stems from the love of ALL life.

A heartbeat forms first and foremost upon the spark of life in an egg. The heart grew a brain... not the other way around. The quicker one lives through the heart, the quicker one finds joyous sensations in emotions of all spectrums. The brain is merely present for environmental thermometer applications, which induces the need to delegate emotional tracts to multi sourced channels of repair and processing.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

To answer your first sentence, yes.

Feeling sorrow for someone is putting yourself in their emotional shoes. Pity is a more condescending way of doing that.

When you do this, that empathy can come across to the observer as love, because technically it is. Not a specific love for that person, but more of a general love for a human being who is going through a rough emotional patch.

This also falls under the heading of understanding and you need empathy for this.

This type of behaviour has become a rare commodity these days so it is easy to be misread by the very ones you feel compassion for.
edit on 20-4-2019 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

I think love is little acts of kindness for someone without any expectations for anything in return. Feelings are just feelings.

top topics

join