It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Salvation comes NOT by Islam nor The Law of Moses, but by accepting Christ as Lord (Christ's Law)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Muhammad didn't believe in Jesus. According to The Oldest Writings about Jesus Christ (Paul's Letters and The 4 Gospels), Jesus Christ is The Word of God. He is The Light. Those who have seen Him have seen The Father because He reveals Him. Jesus Christ is The Lord who came down from Heaven, died on The Cross to show Selfless-Love (Agape, Charity) and then returned to Heaven.

Muhammad rewrote The Bible and called it The Quran. The Quran's view of Jesus came after about 500 years later from The Original Christian Writings. Muhammad switched the characters around and talked about another Jesus who is not The Lord, but is just a man. There is another god named "allah" who is ok with war and who has no children, but The God that Jesus Christ revealed is The Merciful Father who is within Him.

Muhammad said war is ok when Christ said to turn the other cheek and put down the sword. Muhammad taught that multiple wives is ok when Jesus said to control lust and anyone who is already in a relationship but wants someone else, is comitting adultery. Muhammad said that Jesus Christ is not The Lord, that allah is the lord and he only has slaves, no children. Muhammad is NOT a prophet of God The Father, since he didn't even believe that we are God's Children and he did NOT follow The Lord Jesus Christ, since he did NOT believe that Jesus Christ is The Lord
edit on 4-20-2019 by lightofgratitude because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: lightofgratitude

You have never read the Qur'an. You have bo idea what it says. I read it several times.

Defending yourself agains attackers is ok with God. Despite what the Catholic and Jewsish narrative may tell you Mohammed and his followers were constantly being plotted against and attacked and Jihad according to the Qur'an is always defensive because Mohammed forbade is followers from being the aggressor.

But you can stay in the darkness of self-righteousness, knowing only what you believe to be true.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Did I claim to be righteous? I claimed that Jesus Christ is righteous, and Muhammad does not agree with Jesus Christ. I'll choose Jesus and do much best to walk in Love as Christ did, instead of making excuses for violence. You can choose Muhammad if you want, but He is not a prophet of God The Father who was revealed through The Body of Christ.
edit on 4-20-2019 by lightofgratitude because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Salvation is a gift by the prophets. Each will accountable by their own faith. That is why there is more than one prophets. No matter what each prophets had promises, they all can be true.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: EasternShadow

Salvation comes from God, not man. That's why Salvation comes through Jesus Christ, because only God can be The Savior and The Savior is Jesus.

YESHA means "Salvation". YESHUA means "He Saves". From YESHUA, eventually it was spelled in Latin and English as "Jesus", but His Name means "He Saves".

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

He suggests that Believers in Christ are just bad and deceived people who are glutinous idol worshippers , but look at how disgusting the words are that comes from him to other people.

Some believer in Christ are.

Some believer in Christ have said much worse and much more disgusting things towards others.

Or do you disagree and think NO Christians have said nasty things or do you simply think they are not believers?

His disgusting words towards those who believe in Christ reveals his character and what spirits he have. May The Lord forguve him.

Same to you,

Let god have mercy on your soul for you words against others.

God is Love and Love can reveal itself as a person (Jesus Christ).

So the God you believe in has limits or do you put these limits on God because it makes you feel better?

There is another god named "allah" who is ok with war and who has no children, but The God that Jesus Christ revealed is The Merciful Father who is within Him.

and in the language spoken back in that day, what did Jesus call God?

It wasn't and still isn't a name like you say "allah" but that is the Arabic or during that time in the Aramaic language a spoken word to describe God, It still is today in Arabic, its not a name.

Its just a translation of the word we English speaking folk use, God = Allah, one is English the other is the same word in Arabic.

your interpretation of the Koran sounds wrong, but that is similar to any words written 1000s of years ago and interpreted today,

anything could be interpreted as vile and against ones own beliefs.

Thank you for showing how you interpret words or books that chances are you haven't even read.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

There is no God, but The Father revealed and manifested in the person of Jesus Christ. People who believe that God cannot appear as a man if He Wills, THEY are the ones who are putting limits on God, not me. There is only One God and He is One Lord and there is no Savior but Him: Jesus Christ.

"Christ Jesus... being IN THE FORM OF GOD... made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men..." - Philippians 2:5-7

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

People who believe that God cannot appear as a man if He Wills, THEY are the ones who are putting limits on God, not me.

Who are these people?

I asked you if you were putting limits on God because of what I quoted just above asking you the question.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

God is Love.
He does nothing against His own nature.
He revealed Himself in form, appearing as Jesus Christ.
Jesus Christ said you are His Disciple if you love others as He did.
(John 13:34-35)
edit on 4-22-2019 by lightofgratitude because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   

God is Love.

So again

is this all God is limited to in your opinion?

If so, then it is you who is limiting God is it not?

You quoting scripture is strange or do only accept the scripture that has God on one side of duality and not above and encompassing all?

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Do you know Peter still denied Jesus was Jesus again like he did in the Bible in the modern age?

😂😂 Peter is a trip!

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Salvation comes NOT by Islam nor The Law of Moses, but by accepting Christ as Lord (Christ's Law)

I didn't read that in Matthew ....

“Think not that I came to destroy the law or the prophets; I came not to destroy, but to fulfill. For verily I say unto you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass away from the law, till all things be accomplished” (Mt. 5:17-18).

Each of us have favourite passages of scripture that affirm our concept of spirituality. This we see as truth but in reality we are only fooling ourselves. We should seek truth in prayer and meditation.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Romans 13:8, 9

8 Do not owe anything to anyone except to love one another; for whoever loves his fellow man has fulfilled the law. 9 For the law code, “You must not commit adultery, you must not murder, you must not steal, you must not covet,” and whatever other commandment there is, is summed up in this saying: “You must love your neighbor as yourself.”

Matthew 22:35-40

35 And one of them, versed in the Law, tested him by asking: 36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” 37 He said to him: “‘You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.’ 38 This is the greatest and first commandment. 39 The second, like it, is this: ‘You must love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments the whole Law hangs, and the Prophets.”

Matthew 7:12

12 “All things, therefore, that you want men to do to you, you also must do to them. This, in fact, is what the Law and the Prophets mean.

Leviticus 19:18

18 “‘You must not take vengeance nor hold a grudge against the sons of your people, and you must love your fellow man as yourself. I am Jehovah.

It's not like it's some new law or a change to the law of Moses. Matthew 7:12 is just an alternate way of saying it, including some detail how you can love your fellow man as yourself, what it really means to love your fellow man as yourself. What it boils down to as we nowadays would say.

additional notes:

The first five books of the Bible (Genesis through Deuteronomy) are often referred to as the Law. Sometimes this term is used with reference to the entire inspired Hebrew Scriptures. Generally, however, the Jews considered the entire Hebrew Scriptures to be composed of three sections, “the law of Moses,” “the Prophets,” and “Psalms.” (Lu 24:44) Commands that came through the prophets were binding upon Israel. When it appears lowercased in the translation used above and further below, it may refer to individual laws of the Mosaic Law or a principle of law.​—Nu 15:16; De 4:8; Mt 7:12; Ga 3:24.

Perhaps this reference work can also be of help:

Law to Angels. Angels, higher than man, are subject to the law and commandments of God. (Heb 1:7, 14; Ps 104:4) ...

Law of Divine Creation. ...

Law to Adam. ...

Laws to Noah; Patriarchal Law. ...

Law of God to Israel​—The Law of Moses. Jehovah gave Israel the Law through Moses as mediator, in the Wilderness of Sinai, 1513 B.C.E. ... Many of the earlier patriarchal laws were incorporated in the Law given through Moses.​—Ex 24:3-8; Heb 9:15-21; see COVENANT.
But the real purpose of the Law was, as stated by the apostle Paul, “to make transgressions manifest, until the seed should arrive.” It was a “tutor leading to Christ.” It pointed to Christ as the objective aimed at (“Christ is the end of the Law”). It revealed that all humans, including the Jews, are under sin and that life cannot be obtained by “works of law.” (Ga 3:19-24; Ro 3:20; 10:4) It was “spiritual,” from God, and “holy.” (Ro 7:12, 14) At Ephesians 2:15 it is called “the Law of commandments consisting in decrees.” It was a standard of perfection, marking the one who could keep it as perfect, worthy of life. (Le 18:5; Ga 3:12) Since imperfect humans could not keep the Law, it showed that “all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” (Ro 3:23) Only Jesus Christ kept it blamelessly.​—Joh 8:46; Heb 7:26.

The Law also served as “a shadow of the good things to come,” and things connected with it were “typical representations,” causing Jesus and the apostles to call upon it often to explain heavenly things and matters concerning Christian doctrine and conduct. Therefore, it provides an essential and necessary field of study for the Christian.​—Heb 10:1; 9:23.

Jesus said that the whole Law hung upon the two commandments, to love God and to love one’s neighbor. (Mt 22:35-40) It is interesting that in the book of Deuteronomy (where the Law was modified somewhat to govern Israel’s new circumstances upon settling in the Promised Land) the Hebrew words for “love,” “loved,” and so forth, appear more than 20 times.
Law of Conscience.
“Law of the Christ.” Paul wrote: “Go on carrying the burdens of one another, and thus fulfill the law of the Christ.” (Ga 6:2) While the Law covenant was terminated at Pentecost, 33 C.E. (“since the priesthood is being changed, there comes to be of necessity a change also of the law”; Heb 7:12), Christians come “under law toward Christ.” (1Co 9:21) This law is called “the perfect law that belongs to freedom,” “the law of a free people,” “the law of faith.” (Jas 1:25; 2:12; Ro 3:27) Such a new law had been foretold by God through the prophet Jeremiah when he spoke of a new covenant and the writing of his law on the hearts of his people.​—Jer 31:31-34; Heb 8:6-13.

Like Moses, the mediator of the Law covenant, Jesus Christ is Mediator of the new covenant. Moses wrote the Law in code form, but Jesus did not personally put a law down in writing. He talked and put his law into the minds and hearts of his disciples. Neither did his disciples set down laws in the form of a code for Christians, classifying the laws into categories and subheadings. Nonetheless, the Christian Greek Scriptures are full of laws, commands, and decrees that the Christian is bound to observe.​—Re 14:12; 1Jo 5:2, 3; 4:21; 3:22-24; 2Jo 4-6; Joh 13:34, 35; 14:15; 15:14.

Jesus gave instruction to his disciples to preach the ‘good news of the kingdom.’ His command is found at Matthew 10:1-42; Luke 9:1-6; 10:1-12. At Matthew 28:18-20 a new command was given to Jesus’ disciples to go, not to the Jews only, but to all nations, to make disciples and baptize them with a new baptism, “in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you.” Thus, with divine authorization Jesus taught and issued commands while on earth (Ac 1:1, 2) as well as after his ascension. (Ac 9:5, 6; Re 1:1-3) The entire book of Revelation consists of prophecies, commands, admonition, and instruction to the Christian congregation.

The “law of the Christ” covers the whole course and scope of the Christian’s life and work. By the help of God’s spirit the Christian can follow the commands in order to be judged favorably by that law, for it is “the law of that spirit which gives life in union with Christ Jesus.”​—Ro 8:2, 4.

“Law of God.” The apostle Paul speaks of the Christian’s fight as influenced by two factors, “the law of God,” or “the law of that spirit which gives life” on one side and “sin’s law,” or “the law of sin and of death,” on the other. ...

Law of Sin and Death. ...

“Law of Faith.” ...

Law of Husband. ...

“Kingly Law.” The “kingly law” rightly has the prominence and importance among other laws governing human relationships that a king would have among men. (Jas 2:8) The tenor of the Law covenant was love; and “you must love your neighbor as yourself” (the kingly law) was the second of the commandments on which all the Law and the Prophets hung. (Mt 22:37-40) Christians, though not under the Law covenant, are subject to the law of the King Jehovah and his Son, the King Jesus Christ, in connection with the new covenant.

Source: Law: Insight on the Scriptures, Volume 2
edit on 14-5-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightofgratitude
Muslims believe that they are slaves of their god and Jews still believe that they are slaves to The Law (of Moses).

I am not sure I understand this, but you keep repeating this point for some reason, so I guess clarification is in order.
Someone who worships God, would they not be a willing slave to God? Why are you talking like being a slave to God is a BAD thing? In fact, the Bible has Jesus constantly comparing the relationship between God and man to the relationship between a master and his slave.

originally posted by: lightofgratitude
If Romans invented Jesus then why did many Jews repent and accept Jesus Christ as their Savior like Paul of Tarsus? If Jesus is a false idol then why do people have Visions of Him? People have seen Him and have been healed. People have died in their hospital bed and saw The Light of Life, Jesus Christ, who brought them back to Life in the hospital bed (like Howard Storm).

That's not an argument for anything. You have similar miraculous happenings and visions and humbling changes of heart in many religions: Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism, etc.
edit on 17-5-2019 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: babloyi

Friends not slaves.

John 15:15 - "Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you."

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join