It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why worry about islamic practices in other countries when craziness happens here?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I'm more curious why people see a need to defend Islam. It's the fastest growing religion and for some reason promoted celebrated and protected by progressives

Which is fascinating to me.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

I think more people are arguing factual debate.

A Muslim commits a heinous act and I see people on this board say "SEE! They're all backwards freedom hating savages" which is painting with a broad brush.

I see people blame them for things we have no idea if they've done or not.

On the other side of the coin I see threads blaming all white people because an assclown white guy shoots some people up... The same people from above say he doesn't represent us.

The problem is there is no nuance in debate about Muslims... It's either Islam isn't a real religion, and they're all savages and the world would be better if they're all dead, but at the very least get them out of our country.... And if you don't tow that line you're an apologist.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I don't know about any threads on ATS but there is a big anti-circumcision lobby in the USA. Whether done by a moil or Dr. people are not having their boys circumcised as much as they used to.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Some people are not going to like the analogy of why do we only question Islam, so I'll propose an alternate question.

If Islam is a threat, why don't we address other threats with equal tanacity? Why do we put more government resources to combating Islam which I'll give a generous 12, 000 American deaths to (including our deaths at war) than to preventable deaths at home due to health which is 900,000 a year?

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I think more people are arguing factual debate.

A Muslim commits a heinous act and I see people on this board say "SEE! They're all backwards freedom hating savages" which is painting with a broad brush.

I see people blame them for things we have no idea if they've done or not.

On the other side of the coin I see threads blaming all white people because an assclown white guy shoots some people up... The same people from above say he doesn't represent us.

The problem is there is no nuance in debate about Muslims... It's either Islam isn't a real religion, and they're all savages and the world would be better if they're all dead, but at the very least get them out of our country.... And if you don't tow that line you're an apologist.

Well Islam's not a race so it's quite easy to state that the two aren't comparable. You choose to be a Muslim you can't choose your race.

Islam deserves criticism just like the savage unrelenting accepted criticism of Christianity.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Islam deserves criticism just like the savage unrelenting accepted criticism of Christianity.

That's fair, and both should be criticized and defended fairly depending on how an arguement is framed.

Well Islam's not a race so it's quite easy to state that the two aren't comparable. You choose to be a Muslim you can't choose your race.

Look, I'm agnostic... But some people don't view religion as a choice. If that's all that someone knows and they see this life as a temperary way to gain eternal life, most of those who subscribe would tell you it's not a choice. To be fair, many Muslims force their beliefs on others which is very wrong, but many were just raised that way or believe it is the only way.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

What exactly is the purpose of this thread?

You highlight one weird Jewish practice and expect that to exonerate all of Islam of the millions dead from it's expansion?

Disingenuous much?

We focus on Islam because that's a true patriarchal fascist ideology.

We worry because people are suffering...
Why do you not worry?

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   

What topics are people ignoring? There are tons of threads on just about everything. What issue do you not see more threads about?

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   

You're right, we should kick out every nutbag.

We should build a wall.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   

You asked the same question as your OP on another thread ...... I replied to it

The Jewish religion is not the only religion that practises circumcision.....

Islamic male circumcision is analogous but not identical to Jewish circumcision. Islam is currently the largest single religious group in which the practice is widespread

en.wikipedia.org...(circumcision)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
TST is a russian, he is here to sow discord, he is the reason we just had a 3 year circus.

IMO I really don't care what TST thinks, he is a russian. His opinon mean squat.

his every post in inane and insane. but this is what happen when russian bots are unleashed.

He is trying to influence the 2020 elections.

Don't reply to TST it will cause you to be investigated by the FBI.

Because RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA

(Funny thing, TST will now claim ignorance)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

A wall separating the nutbags from the non-nutbags, eh?

Was dreading this moment...

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Comparing a Male circumcision to killing a woman for taking a hat off......

Nice

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I guess you are kind of looking at too the devotedly religious people that let their kids die without seeking medical attention because they believe God will heal their child.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

We worry because people are suffering...
Why do you not worry?

No, most (on ATS at least) who talk about Islam abroad use their behind the times way of living as political fodder.

I don't agree with how most in the ME live, and I see it rooted in two issues (there are more but to stay brief), lack of education or tyrannical governments.

We can't help by killing, that will just validate extremists and breed more.

I personally think we could save money and be more effective by educating and helping. The helping could be as simple as small health programs or information depots like internet access and books.

#RoastMe #IswearI'mNotAProgressive.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Circumcision is an extremely ancient practice. The Egyptians did it possibly even before ancient Jews did. A variety of cultures throughout history have practiced circumcision.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Kind of weird that you can call anything that criticizes jews or Israel anti-Semitic. However, it's okay to bash Muslims 24/7.. Double Standards..

I guess maybe that is what OP is trying to get at..

Multiple threads bashing Muslims is all fine and dandy, but start talking about Israel or jews and your an anti-Semite POS.....

Criticism of any religion should be allowed as long as it doesn't cross the line into hatred spewing.
edit on 19-4-2019 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

I'm more curious why people see a need to defend Islam. It's the fastest growing religion and for some reason promoted celebrated and protected by progressives
Which is fascinating to me.

I only defend Islam in the sense of fairness. When debating, discussing and challenging religions, there seems to be lines of respect, and fairness. When it comes to Islam, many times, it's okay to treat it totally different. At least, when it comes to many on the right.

Then on the left, progressives tend to ignore the anti-progressive standards of religion.

So you got the right basically justifying calling all Muslims as lesser beings b/c they don't condemn their own religion, and then the left that sticks their head in the dirt.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I am more concerned that it is illegal for me to put an ice cream cone in my back pocket on Sunday than your inane thread .

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Demographics is destiny.

Islam is the fastest growing religion. It will replace the Western tradition, whose birth rates are in decline. If we do not support those who seek to liberalize Islam, they will Islamize liberalism in due time.

Oppose it while you still can.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join