It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why worry about islamic practices in other countries when craziness happens here?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
i am very curious about this.

lots of threads about muslims.
people very upset about how muslim men treat their wives for example.

mind you we are talking about practices going on in another country.

thread after thread condemning it.

there are crazy religious practices that go on in this country that nobody seems to talk about.
not a care about this.

where are the threads?

the Brit milah

en.wikipedia.org...,_metzitzah_technique

The brit milah (Hebrew: בְּרִית מִילָה, pronounced [bʁit miˈla]; Ashkenazi pronunciation: [bʁis ˈmilə], "covenant of circumcision"; Yiddish pronunciation: bris [bʀɪs]) is a Jewish religious male circumcision ceremony performed by a mohel ("circumciser") on the eighth day of the infant's life

circumcision performed by a Mohel

how do they do this?

en.wikipedia.org...

Under Jewish law, a mohel must draw blood from the circumcision wound. Most mohels do it by hand with a suction device, but some Orthodox groups use their mouth to draw blood after cutting the foreskin

hmmmm

some use their mouth. pretty interesting

also interesting is

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issued a warning in 2012 about the health implications of this practice, citing 11 cases of neonatal HSV and two recorded fatalities

yeah that sounds pretty bad to me.

why are people concerning themselves with what happens in another country when this crazy # happens here?

i would very much like to know.

thanks for humoring me

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Oh Good Lord 🤷

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
One reason might be that certain people in America are encouraging and promoting the "Importation" of these practices of other countries into this country, and to the obvious detriment to this country.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Oh Good Lord 🤷

what?

we can talk about islamic practices and how terrible they are all the damn time so why not this?

i am interested in peoples thoughts.

this happens in this country and it sure sounds terrible to me.

if people can talk about muslim dudes piecing up their wives every day then we should be able to talk about this for 1 day.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
One reason might be that certain people in America are encouraging and promoting the "Importation" of these practices of other countries into this country, and to the obvious detriment to this country.

that is valid. i get it.

fact still remains that this mohel business happens in this country right now.
no importing needed.

nobody is talking about it.

nobody seems concerned about it.

concerned with wife beating over there because it might turn into wife beating here...
i get it

but not concerned about babies getting diseases from some freak show sucking blood with their mouth?

concerned about the babies when it comes to abortion.
not concerned about babies when it comes to this?

i feel my question is legit

this topic is never talked about

and there is a lot of talk dealing with what about the babies

so

what about these babies?

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
If you would have just posted about this weirdness to have a discussion about it you'd have a decent thread.

Islam has no bearing on the discussion and makes you look like an apologist for their whackjob religious practices.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
If you would have just posted about this weirdness to have a discussion about it you'd have a decent thread.

Islam has no bearing on the discussion and makes you look like an apologist for their whackjob religious practices.

whatever you say man

i dont expect to really get any decent conversation anyway.

it has a bearing to me

it has a bearing because daily people condemn some of their practices.
they condemn practices that happen in another country.

so i am curious why that matters to them but things like this that happen in this country dont seem to matter.

i am not an apologist for their crazy practices.

i have said numerous times that i detest religion and i think it is basically cancer.
all of them.
100%

but what dont do is worry about what people do in iran
much like i dont really give a toss about the bush people being cannibals or circumcising with rocks.

i just dont care.

i dont live in iran
i dont live in the bush

i live in the states so i tend to interest myself more with the crazy religious stuff that happens here

wondering why other dont do the same

but as usual i wont get a debate or a conversaton

edit on 19-4-2019 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Funny to watch you accuse people, either expressly or by implication, over the years of being xenophobic, Islamophobic or racist, but you don't see your post about Jewish circumcision as even remotely anti-Semitic.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

So if it doesn't happen in "my country" I can't be outraged? Your kinda thinking would have made Hitler very happy.

I get outraged when any cult, culture, or religion is used against a soul. Are you not?

Does it have to touch your shores to touch your heart? 😣

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Funny to watch you accuse people, either expressly or by implication, over the years of being xenophobic, Islamophobic or racist, but you don't see your post about Jewish circumcision as even remotely anti-Semitic.

how is it anti semetic?

because it is disgusting that a mohel cuts a foreskin then puts his mouth on it?

give me a break

youre reaching hard.

several posts in and nobody wants to talk about it or answer the questions.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
the definition

hostility to or prejudice against Jews.

not what i am doing

i am being hostile to jews that put their mouth on it and give the baby a disease.
in this country

are you saying it is ok to speak out against islamic religious practices but not jewish?

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

So if it doesn't happen in "my country" I can't be outraged? Your kinda thinking would have made Hitler very happy.

I get outraged when any cult, culture, or religion is used against a soul. Are you not?

Does it have to touch your shores to touch your heart? 😣

youre equating religious practices with someone who thought whites were a superior race and wanted to cleanse the world of non whites?

the op is talking about oytcry about hijabs or laws against homosexuality, its their country and laws, no one criticized our circus show country and government or never levy any sanctions when our civil rights are violated or when we 'accidentallyç kill scores of civilians in a shole country unable to retaliate...

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I know this is your writing style, but you could've presented this in a much different manner if you truly wanted a discussion. But as it stands, it seems both desperate and disingenuous.

It doesn't seem like you're looking for a discussion, but rather baiting people so you can say I told you so.

Me no play.

Have fun, though.

edit on 19-4-2019 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

I didn't see OP bash circumcision so much as what happens after (in minority sects of Judaism).

I don't see anything anti-semitic about this question just like I don't see anything anti-islam about questioning some of their practices.

I think blaming either for crimes without evidence certainly begs the question if someone is a phobic or ism as much as I hate those terms.
edit on 19-4-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

A little critical thinking might help in your case...

Female circumcision destroys a woman's ability to have a physical orgasm, male circumcision does no such thing for the male.

Now run along and check the differences between sharia law and us law where it comes to adultery, theft, wearing certain clothes, wife beating, honour killings, the destruction of art and artifacts, rape, a woman's value in Court or otherwise, etc.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 4/19.2019 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
You don't see the difference between a traditional circumcision and flogging someone to within an inch of her life because she dared show her face in public? Or throwing gays off rooftops?

Yeah, let's just ignore the rampant, violent misogyny and homophobia in Islam cuz those crazy Jews and their contempt for foreskin.

Please tell me you do see the difference.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Because idiot Democrats are trying to push this idea of Muslims being able to mesh with western civilization, while at the same time acting like “white men” are some huge oppressive force on women, minorities, and lgbtq people.

It’s not white men forcing women to be second class slaves, and it’s not white men throwing gays off rooftops.

If you idiot Democrats want to see real oppression take a trip to a majority Muslim controlled country where having eye contact with the wrong man could mean severe punishment.

I get it, most Muslims that come here are here to escape that situation, but some want those same rules here and have no intention to assimilate.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
If you would know who controls you see who you may not criticize.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I had never heard of that it is pretty gross. Not circumcision but the unsanitary way they are doing it.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
i am being hostile to jews that put their mouth on it and give the baby a disease.
in this country

Emphasis supplied. No word on your position on secular circumcision.

are you saying it is ok to speak out against islamic religious practices but not jewish?

Are you now saying it's ok to speak out against objectionable islamic religious practices because of the Jewish ones?

Because I'm pretty sure you're not.
edit on 19-4-2019 by loam because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join