It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

roswell symbols

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
roswellproof.homestead.com...
why these Major Jesse Marcel's and Dr. Jesse Marcel Jr's symbols are very different? Maybe do you know more info about that, and what do you think about these symbols?
Thanks

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Marcell Jr.'s "symbols" are not an actual reproduction of symbols found on the infamous "I beam".

He made that piece, which at least at one time was available for purchase, as more of a way to express the overall concept of the item he saw when his father brought items to his house for viewing.

X

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
According to interviews, neither thought to write down the symbols at the time, and are pulling from decades old memories...and approximations of what they saw..

In '81, the Major was not exactly a spring chicken, and unfortunately his drawing skills aren't quite on par with his son's...

Since we don't have an accurate depiction of the symbols made at the time of the incident, it's really more important to focus on the matter of the symbols being there in general, rather than what specifically the symbols were. Nearly everyone who reportedly handled the debris, testified (in separate interviews, and sworn affidavits) that some of the debris indeed had symbols of an indecipherable nature.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Some of them look very much like "The Voynich Manuscript" don't ya think?

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   

The Voynich Manuscript

Man, that's a whole other issue...still a perplexing subject all by itself...(those interested should look through the ATS search on it, as it's truly fascinating, and we've had some good threads on it)

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
so, if these symbols real, than you mean Dr. Jesse Marcel Jr's the more credible than Major Jesse Marcel's?
sorry for my english
thanks

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
werid but those are some kool symbols

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeerox
so, if these symbols real, than you mean Dr. Jesse Marcel Jr's the more credible than Major Jesse Marcel's?
sorry for my english
thanks

No. In the end you can't rely on either version of the symbols to be 100% accurate.

The father made mention of symbols some 34-ish years later, most eyewitness descriptions can only be heavily relied on if data is recorded in the first 10-15 minutes after an event, with recollection worsening with age.

There may be some items in the original set of symbols that are kinda familiar to what was actually seen, but there's no way to be certain of it.

But please, don't let that make you discount the entire recollection of theirs. I find the more fascinating aspects to be found in the descriptions of the materials he brought with him.

My all time favorite is the "memory metal" average debunkers would love to say that Marcell was simply describing MYLAR, but that could not be the case, as mylar wasn't made for at least 10 years after the roswell incident. I however don't believe that this material was Mylar, I think it was something more akin to what we now consider Flexon memory metal, which would not be in existence anywhere near 1947.

Also worth thinking of is the overall description of the I beam itself. Remember that he said the I beam was very, very, rigid and seemed almost impervious, yet felt so light that there was no way to explain it's inherent strength. That seems to describe a super-advanced alloy to me, what, I'm unsure, but I have some rough ideas.

See, there's a lot more to the recounting of the materials than just the symbols. When you look at all of it, and then compare the government response, it doesn't add up at all.

To point that out, you may remember that the government claimed that the craft was infact a balloon. They later had debunkers state that the symbol-laden I beam was nothing more than BALSA WOOD, with a cheap tape that had patterns on it.

I worked with model rocketry from mid childhood until my mid teens, and that involves a high amount of custom fabrication with balsa wood. Anyone who has ever worked with balsa wood knows that while the material is indeed light, it is not very strong, the thinner the wood, the more likely you are to have stress fractures when pressure is applied. So the bals wood argument is a non issue.

Next, the government brought forth debunking to the effect of the "memory metal" being nothing more than cheap aluminum foil. This too, is absurd when you take Marcel's full description into account. This was not merely a plyable metallic material, it was so durable that it would return to its original form no matter how you contorted it. I've seen aluminum foil do many things, but I have never seen it reform itself after any force has been exerted upon it.

That's really just the tip of the iceberge here friend. If you really dig into the entire situation you'll see that it is our true milestone for alien observation/visitation(you choose). I'm not saying it's all clear-cut, you'll have to wade through a fair amount of questionable materials, but the good, solid, documented, and reliable information and evidence for Roswell really outweighs the negative.

A series of posts I encourage you to look up on here is Gazrok's excellent Roswell posts (currently 3 parts I believe). I'll try to remember to drop back in and link them for you in a moment, but just look here on the main page and you will see them.
[EDIT- Here you are:
The Case for Roswell Part I can be seen here: www.abovetopsecret.com...
The Case for Roswell Part II can be seen here: www.abovetopsecret.com...
The Case for Roswell Part III, Section A can be seen here: www.abovetopsecret.com...
The Case for Roswell: Part III (Section B)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oh, and your english is more than fine, it conveys well what you wish to know or state, that's what counts!

X

[edit on 2-3-2005 by Xatnys]

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Schmidt1989
Where did you find those? COuld I have a link?

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The symbols on the first pic are quite pleasing to the eyes. Those other pics sorta look of an Earthly origin.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Those images come from:

www.rforsythe.com...

www.v-j-enterprises.com...

www.outtahear.com...

respectively.

X

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Ok....but those are only the "property" URL of the photos....I took the ends off to get the main URL and got the following sites....are they reputable? Where did they get them?

www.rforsythe.com...

www.v-j-enterprises.com...

www.outtahear.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Indeed, I didn't take the extensions off because I don't know anything about those sites really.

I will say I've seen all of those pictures before, the top one I think you can see that plaque in person at the Roswell UFO Musem.

The Second one I think comes from a SciFi Channel Movie about the incident(but hollywood stylized).

The third one comes from a documentary reproduction. "UFOs Are REAL" I believe is the name of it(don't quote me though
) .

X

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xatnys

I will say I've seen all of those pictures before, the top one I think you can see that plaque in person at the Roswell UFO Musem.

So is that one real? I thought there were no original photos of the symbols?

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
No, it's not "real" as in a photocopy or photo of the actual bar.

It's just a framed, printed repro based on the description(s) made.

There's not any real link to actual rubbings or photos of the I beam.

Wish there were though.

X

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xatnys

My all time favorite is the "memory metal" average debunkers would love to say that Marcell was simply describing MYLAR, but that could not be the case, as mylar wasn't made for at least 10 years after the roswell incident. I however don't believe that this material was Mylar, I think it was something more akin to what we now consider Flexon memory metal, which would not be in existence anywhere near 1947.

I also found that quite intriguing, as they recently came out with a news article claiming that scientists have made something that acts JUST like that memory metal. And the Roswell incident was the FIRST thing I thought of when I heard about it. Wonder why no one has pushed more on that recently? The Sci-Fi Channel should be looking into this.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 03:58 AM
link   
so i think the most credible are Dr. Jesse Marcel Jr's drawings. Because the are in ufo international museum, and they are very similar to roswellproof.homestead.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   

So is that one real? I thought there were no original photos of the symbols?

The above posters have answered all of these questions pretty well. To clarify, none of the pics are the real deal, they are various recreations made from witness descriptions...

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
actually the middle picture is thaught of as a real picture by many, and the last one looks real too, i think the symbold look kinda like greek symbols from colleges.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join