It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fleeing a S#hole Country Doesn't Qualify as Asylum

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Hey when the government fails to do the job the American people demand, Patriots will step in and show them how it is done.

We reject illegal immigration and asylum fraud.

The only "asylum seekers" from N. America, C. America and S. America that could even possibly put forth a valid asylum request are those from Cuba, Mexico and Canada. You can't bypass other countries because you want to come here.

Out of those limited connecting nations, neither Canada nor Mexico is engaging in any sort of government/state persecution or violence. Cuba, under its tyrannical commie government, is however and I support bringing Cuban asylum seekers/defectors and refugees here by the boatload.
edit on 4/19/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Hey when the government fails to do the job the American people demand, Patriots will step in and show them how it is done.

shake and bake

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I edited that post to include:

We reject illegal immigration and asylum fraud.

The only "asylum seekers" from N. America, C. America and S. America that could even possibly put forth a valid asylum request are those from Cuba, Mexico and Canada. You can't bypass other countries because you want to come here.

Out of those limited connecting nations, neither Canada nor Mexico is engaging in any sort of government/state persecution or violence. Cuba, under its tyrannical commie government, is however and I support bringing Cuban asylum seekers/defectors and refugees here by the boatload.

Didn't want to be accused of moving the goal post

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Turn around illegal border jumpers. US patriots are on the job now

On the job eh?

Who was on the job before Jim Crow and his cousins? You mean to say it was all Obummers doing that US border patrol turned a blind eye when it suited 'em. None of them were capitalists who got their kickbacks because of the American dog-eat-dog mentality, its all Obummers fault, not human greed?

hahahaha

Oh wait its all Escobars fault subsidizing with drug money all those crossers.

How boring it must be in your head. Its all so simple and black and white

Are you John Malkovich?

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Now, now.. comparing this to Jim Crowe is a dishonest tactic

You won't find any support for that nonsense from us, including the vast number of Black Republicans who would likely take exception to your characterization of our party

Illegal immigration is illegal.
Asylum fraud is illegal.

You can't bypass another country to come here. You can't come here and claim asylum as a defense to improper entry unless you are fleeing government persecution/state violence. You can't claim asylum if you enter illegally. You can't claim asylum if you have been removed already or are subject to an order of removal.

You are trying to muddy the waters with this race baiting crap

Do you think Black Republicans and Hispanic Republicans are also part of this nebulous association with Jim Crowe?

Patriotic Americans enforcing our laws is not the same as persecuting Americans for the color of their skin. World's apart.

Are you John Malkovich?

That video/picture is disturbing

edit on 4/19/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
At least in my book.

You have to be legitimately oppressed to claim asylum, like you're going to be killed because of your political beliefs or religion.
If you just don't like your country because it's a dangerous s#hole, that sucks and all but...

...that's not what asylum is about. You need to stay in your own country and work to make it a better place.

Or die trying, right?

edit on 19-4-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-4-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Malisa

Oh, by your logic, all those people put out of manufacturing work need to be smuggling themselves into China and demanding economic asylum then. After all, that's where many of their assembly line jobs went. So those countries made ours an economic hellhole those workers, right? They ruined the US for our factory workers, and those workers should go demand those countries with those manufacturing jobs treat our manufacturing workers fairly, yes?

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Oh, by your logic, all those people put out of manufacturing work need to be smuggling themselves into China and demanding economic asylum then. After all, that's where many of their assembly line jobs went. So those countries made ours an economic hellhole those workers, right? They ruined the US for our factory workers, and those workers should go demand those countries with those manufacturing jobs treat our manufacturing workers fairly, yes?

Well if China meddled into the US so much that caused a terrible crisis and US companies had no other choice but to send the jobs away so they could keep themselves running, and it was proven China planned the crisis to steal the jobs? Then yes i think there should be payback

If US companies planned to cut costs and they actively looked up factories in China and made deals to send the jobs to that country, then i'm not so sure who would be to blame..

Doesn't make send if it's the latter, right?

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

So 2 wrongs make a right...

KTHXBAI! Next!

???

Please explain, i never said that

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

So "asylum", to you, is more about "reparations" than it is about 'political refuge', right?

Perhaps you should look into what Asylum means.

In order to seek Asylum in the US you must be a "legally defined refugee".

The criteria to be a 'legally defined refugee' are:

1. be located outside of the U.S.
2. be of specific humanitarian apprehension for the U.S.
3. be able to validate previous persecution or feared approaching persecution based on the individual's race, religion, nationality, social class, or political outlook
4. not be currently settled in another country
5. be admissible to the U.S.

Refugee Law

(Note - Item #3 above is particularly key here) Why is this item important? Because it requires one to take a stand against the country they are seeking asylum from (not to, but from). These waves of illegal immigrants (that's what they are, and I refuse to sugar coat it) don't want to take a stand against anything, they just want to be let into the US. And why is this? Because if they fail, they won't have anywhere to return to...which is a pretty important ingredient in the whole "asylum" thing, don't ya think?

You should probably also note...

Since World War II, more refugees have found homes in the U.S. than any other nation and more than two million refugees have arrived in the U.S. since 1980. During much of the 1990s, the United States accepted over 100,000 refugees per year, though this figure has recently decreased to around 50,000 per year in the first decade of the 21st century, due to greater security concerns. As for asylum seekers, the latest statistics show that 86,400 persons sought sanctuary in the United States in 2001. Before the September 11 attacks individual asylum applicants were evaluated in private proceedings at the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Services (INS).

Right of Asylum

I don't see anything in any of these criteria which says...

- be living in a s#hole country and just want to come to America because it's a better place you can get more free stuff including healthcare. Oh, and besides that, because America owes you.

No, asylum became a thing because those countries are overrun by drug cartels and other criminals, including the corrupt governments put in place. As i said, it is a stay and die or ask for asylum and may get a chance to live another day

I don't see why that point has to be ignored when it's very clear

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

So it's ok to let in thousands of people with an axe to grind against us, cuz fairness?

Are you f# insane?

No, i was perfectly clear, it is due to what caused the issue, if there's a reason for it then reparations are a real thing that must happen, if it's a fake invasion like what happened last year, then to hell with them

But there are tons of people who were affected and actually need the help, they were better before the intervention. And then there are those who fake it hoping to make it and mix up with the real asylum seekers, those need to be filtered out

The thing is, if no intervention had happened in the first place, it would be no one but that country's business what happens to their people. Reality happened in a different way
edit on 19-4-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

All i said that's how it should be, saying things like 'well it isn't our problem now so we're just going to go ahead and run away from what we caused" is not a solution to anything, or is it?

Nonsense. It isn't our problem. Those illegal need to go back where they came from and fix their own countries, not come here with their arms stretched out, defrauding or sneaking their way into ours and messing our country up too

They aren't our problem. Whether they live, die, fail, succeed who cares! I care about US citizens and legal residents only. Everyone else can go to the devil for all I care

Maybe you all should stop quoting some poem on a statute given to us by France as your causus beli and realize you are wrong about this like you were wrong about the RussiahoaxTM

No foreign intervention was one of Trumps policies right? Why did he feel the need to speak about that? Because it's real

Don't go complaining about the results of meddling into another country and causing it to go into its knees

They aren't our problem? If you go break the neighbors knees and he can't work anymore you should pay back for what you did

But oh well, i know it is a 'let's take it all, then spit on their faces and laugh at them because of how poor they are" attitude

Cheers

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Even if their claims were legitimate, no country could take on these numbers and not suffer.

Where is the common sense?

These people are obviously not starving....look well fed and clothed.

And In this day and age, people need help to rebuild right where they are....

Freaking weird people out there

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I had to laugh when a Honduran complained that the gangs demanded protection money so he decided to try for asylum in the US. New Yorkers have been paying the Italian mafia protection money for years. Go home, andd call it the price o0f doing business

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

I dunno I consider being bombed by the USA and its allies a form of oppression so sure they are asylum seekers !

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join