It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fleeing a S#hole Country Doesn't Qualify as Asylum

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Malisa

So "asylum", to you, is more about "reparations" than it is about 'political refuge', right?

Perhaps you should look into what Asylum means.

In order to seek Asylum in the US you must be a "legally defined refugee".

The criteria to be a 'legally defined refugee' are:

1. be located outside of the U.S.
2. be of specific humanitarian apprehension for the U.S.
3. be able to validate previous persecution or feared approaching persecution based on the individual's race, religion, nationality, social class, or political outlook
4. not be currently settled in another country
5. be admissible to the U.S.

Refugee Law

(Note - Item #3 above is particularly key here) Why is this item important? Because it requires one to take a stand against the country they are seeking asylum from (not to, but from). These waves of illegal immigrants (that's what they are, and I refuse to sugar coat it) don't want to take a stand against anything, they just want to be let into the US. And why is this? Because if they fail, they won't have anywhere to return to...which is a pretty important ingredient in the whole "asylum" thing, don't ya think?

You should probably also note...

Since World War II, more refugees have found homes in the U.S. than any other nation and more than two million refugees have arrived in the U.S. since 1980. During much of the 1990s, the United States accepted over 100,000 refugees per year, though this figure has recently decreased to around 50,000 per year in the first decade of the 21st century, due to greater security concerns. As for asylum seekers, the latest statistics show that 86,400 persons sought sanctuary in the United States in 2001. Before the September 11 attacks individual asylum applicants were evaluated in private proceedings at the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Services (INS).

Right of Asylum

I don't see anything in any of these criteria which says...

- be living in a s#hole country and just want to come to America because it's a better place you can get more free stuff including healthcare. Oh, and besides that, because America owes you.

edit on 4/19/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Why do I need a passport to head to canada for some fries and gravy and then return? Mexicans dont need one to enter my country..

They want to feed you pouteen?

Or they want to make sure you're not a undocumented Mexican posing as an American running errands for his tight fisted American boss who wants cheap labour to do his dirty work in importing lower taxed beer?

Or they're exporting US shoes into Canada and selling on the side?

When I came to the States I got funny looks at my passport - A Greek born in the Middle East traveling on an Australian passport. It did not compute.
Or how about "o Australia thats the place where you drive on the other side of the road" instead of "you fought along side us to plunder Afghanistan for our MIC - coalition of the unwilling"

But even when you try to reason with them face to face they harden down and say "be that as it may I'm still a Patriot"

How can you reason with such thinking - "yeah we getz the benefits but sucks to be you"

You people are so insular.

Threads are made on everyday subjects that a seasoned traveller should know better, but alas all opinions stem from US armchair warriors scared of travelling the world and seeing 1st hand how other cultures live.

So yeah maybe people want to come to the US for asylum and share in that wealth - I mean your politicians seek money asylum " in using off shore tax shelters and your "huge-est"corporations have no problem selling $1000 iphones made in 3rd world countries by 13 year old children. So yeah maybe some soul searching is called for.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Do you hold your leaders to the same standards? Hypocrisy

AP Exclusive: Senator’s family business uses Mexican labor
apnews.com...

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — An Indiana senator railed against Carrier Corp. for moving manufacturing jobs to Mexico last year, even as he profited from a family business that relies on Mexican labor to produce dye for ink pads, according to records reviewed by The Associated Press.

Joe Donnelly, considered one of the nation’s most vulnerable Democratic senators up for re-election next year, has long blasted free-trade policies for killing American jobs. He accused Carrier, an air conditioner and furnace maker, of exploiting $3-an-hour workers when it announced plans to wind down operations in Indiana and move to Mexico.

However, an arts and crafts business Donnelly’s family has owned for generations is capitalizing on some of the very trade policies — and low-paid foreign labor — the senator has denounced.

For more than a year, Stewart Superior Corp. and its subsidiaries have been shipping thousands of pounds of raw materials to Mexico, where the company has a factory that produces ink pads and other supplies, according to customs records from Panjiva Inc., which tracks American imports and exports. The finished products are then transported back to a company facility in California, the records show.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I have spoken against American companies using foreign labor. But the only way that will change is if Americans stop buying foreign made products.

Despite what people would like to believe, there is a business environment in this country making it impossible to use American only labor for many manufacturers.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

(Note - Item #3 above is particularly key here) Why is this item important? Because it requires one to take a stand against the country they are seeking asylum from (not to, but from

So you have to stand against the regime thats put in place by a dictator with the help of the CIA - what could possibly go wrong. Ever hear of Pinochets Chile? ( CIA puppet )

So one must make a public stand and risk execution or jail before applying. As if the 1st hand knowledge of what happens to their brothers in their own country who take the stand is not known? Come on you're smarter than that.

Between a rock and a hard place.

BTW I'm not for "undocumented workers or financial refugees" or open borders.

At least attack Soros not the well dressed well fed rent a crowd ( according to some pundits ) amassing at the borders

onenewsnow.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   

learningenglish.voanews.com...

Mana Yegani is an immigration lawyer in Houston, Texas. She said the credible fear interview is a “very difficult” process for people seeking asylum.

“I had a client who went through a credible fear interview,” Yegani said, “She was 19 and she had been gang raped.” Yegani went on to say that the interviewing officer was a male and her client could not tell the officer about the gang rape. “She was scared. So, she failed the interview,” Yegani said.

An immigration judge reviews the questions an interviewing officer asked an asylum-seeker if a credible fear claim is denied. The judge wants to know if there were errors or if the officer missed something.

Lawyers for the asylum-seeker, however, cannot speak or present new evidence during the hearing. And the immigration judge’s decision cannot be appealed. Hearings on credible fear claims usually last between five and 10 minutes.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   

And if we're talking law there is still "Blackstones principle"

Blackstone's ratio
en.wikipedia.org...

It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer.[1]

The idea subsequently became a staple of legal thinking in Anglo-Saxon jurisdictions and continues to be a topic of debate. There is also a long pre-history of similar sentiments going back centuries in a variety of legal traditions. The message that government and the courts must err on the side of innocence has remained constant

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   

You;re not wrong about the business environment making it impossible - the Govts spin it as improving employment but we know they're in the pocket of lobbyists.

And how could you distinguish when they play with labeling laws?

Made in Australia confusion: food labels deemed a ‘farce’

www.heraldsun.com.au...

A TUB of prawns from Indonesia and Thailand with a cocktail sauce from the US, Mongolia, France, Singapore and Spain highlights the confusion shoppers face when buying products labelled “Made in Australia”.

The John West-branded prawns carry the slogan “Made in Australia from imported and local ingredients” with no mention of the ingredients’ source countries.

I get it, most Americans want a fair go - but its nigh on impossible when the so called regulatory regime suggests laws to lawmakers with the help of "stakeholders" ie double speak for "run by their ( Corps ) lawyers 1st to make the laws virtually ineffective.

Or how about Bhopal?

www.theatlantic.com...

The pesticide plant was surrounded by shanty towns, leading to more than 600,000 people being exposed to the deadly gas cloud that night.

Estimates of the death toll vary from as few as 3,800 to as many as 16,000, but government figures now refer to an estimate of 15,000 killed over the years. Toxic material remains, and 30 years later, many of those who were exposed to the gas have given birth to physically and mentally disabled children. For decades, survivors have been fighting to have the site cleaned up, but they say the efforts were slowed when Michigan-based Dow Chemical took over Union Carbide in 2001

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I hope they go down to the border and show no mercy towards the thieving illegals crossing our borders. War is inevitable between US citizens and the illegals if Congress doesn't do its job and fix the immigration laws soon. Our immigration laws are the fault of both sides, but right now it solely lands on the Dems since they won't pass any legislation in the house to fix the situation.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

I hope they go down to the border and show no mercy towards the thieving illegals crossing our borders. .

yeah

you and a lot of other cowboys

we will see how it goes i guess

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

You ignored the rest of my post because you know I'm right.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Malisa

originally posted by: NthOther
At least in my book.

You have to be legitimately oppressed to claim asylum, like you're going to be killed because of your political beliefs or religion.

If you just don't like your country because it's a dangerous s#hole, that sucks and all but...

...that's not what asylum is about. You need to stay in your own country and work to make it a better place.

This whole thing is a f# sham.

/rant

If you were mostly fine or getting by in peace and another country comes and causes you impossible to survive misery, you should be entitled for payback from that country.

That compensation may include asylum if your current country (in which you had a life before, which now it's impossible to continue at all) is so messed up that it turned into a stay and die or leave and may have a chance to survive another day, and may give your kids a chance to grow up

If you want to talk about stuff like this, you should look into what happened that made the country hell and how it was before 'the thing' happened

Just being fair to anyone involved is the best way to deal with the situation, don't you think?

Nonsense. America must be the only country in the world expected to compensate on an indivodual basis for things done by their clandestine intelligence services without the knowledge of the citizens.

I guess you also support "reperations" for descendants of african american slaves too?

Look...
The way to solve this, is to put a leash on the CIA (and pals), which I have a feeling is being done as we speak.

And THEY (Latin Americans) can learn from Their mistakes, and be able to improve their ability to detect and prevent further interference in the future.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
This is an invasion!

They do not qualify for asylum when they bypass other countries. They do not qualify for asylum when they aren't fleeing government persecution/state violence. They do not qualify for asylum when they were removed for being here illegally. They do not qualify for asylum when they jump the border at anywhere other than a lawful port of entry surrendering to CBP immediately.

These are *not* asylum seekers they are fraudulently defrauding the US attempting to exploit "asylum" laws

Turn around illegal border jumpers. US patriots are on the job now
edit on 4/19/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

So it's ok to let in thousands of people with an axe to grind against us, cuz fairness?

Are you f# insane?

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Yes, we will.

You'll find your precious ACLU dogs and their mouthpieces have no legal standing

The illegal alien criminals who do get through, however, are coming to a sanctuary city near you

I just hope they are made into exclusion zones like we did in WW2 to ensure they are forced to stay there. And the Japanese-Americans in WW2 were *actual* Americans/Citizens. Screw illegal trash

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   

All i said that's how it should be, saying things like 'well it isn't our problem now so we're just going to go ahead and run away from what we caused" is not a solution to anything, or is it?

Nonsense. It isn't our problem. Those illegal need to go back where they came from and fix their own countries, not come here with their arms stretched out, defrauding or sneaking their way into ours and messing our country up too

They aren't our problem. Whether they live, die, fail, succeed who cares! I care about US citizens and legal residents only. Everyone else can go to the devil for all I care

Maybe you all should stop quoting some poem on a statute given to us by France as your causus beli and realize you are wrong about this like you were wrong about the RussiahoaxTM

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   

What's your point?

I didn't say a thing about vigilantism.

Pushing your narrative where it doesn't belong, I see.

Who's the asshole again?

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I have spoken against American companies using foreign labor. But the only way that will change is if Americans stop buying foreign made products.

Despite what people would like to believe, there is a business environment in this country making it impossible to use American only labor for many manufacturers.

Spot on

By American, support American, always American never "foreign made"

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

exclusion zones like we did in WW2

GTFO

They were called internment camps. Call a spade a spade - dont dilly-dally.

Wiki is not as kind as me, calling them concentration camps!

The internment of Japanese Americans in the United States during World War II was the forced relocation and incarceration in concentration camps in the western interior of the country of between 110,000 and 120,000[5] people of Japanese ancestry, most of whom lived on the Pacific coast. Sixty-two percent of the internees were United States citizens.[6][7] These actions were ordered by President Franklin D. Roosevelt shortly after Imperial Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor.[8]

ed it Source
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 19-4-2019 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Turn around illegal border jumpers. US patriots are on the job now

hahahaahahah

best line ever

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join