It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The answers lie within - Free your mind...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: XXXN3O

There is a difference between simplifying and over simplifying. Why are you treating the terms as interchangable?

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Breaking BenJAMIN . Great Song ..............Yeah//

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: HarbingerOfShadows

There is a difference between simplifying and over simplifying. Why are you treating the terms as interchangable?

Posted in philospical and metaphyiscs thread.

Do I need to quote definitions of each threads posting contents now too?

God help anyone on here who tries to have a discussion these days based on real life experiences.

edit on 23-4-2019 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I Can't FEEL ANYTHING At ALL ...............

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

I Can't FEEL ANYTHING At ALL ...............

Neither can I but ive recently learned how to fly by closing my eyes and jumping out a window.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: HarbingerOfShadows

Incorrect! (Suspending rational thought for a second and talking out my rear end)
There is a difference between interchangable terms and interchangable words that mean terms that do not mean words as such without reference to the references.

Just keep taking what I type and interchange it as necessary without meaning and insert randomness.

Care to actually contribute or just trying to prove me wrong when im not proving im right or even claiming to be any authority on the subject other than experiences?
Only proving yourself not totally wrong or right, or me totally wrong or right either?

I like that sort of thing, you know, where you say absolutely nothing at all of added value but with a lot of words and meaningfulness (by meaningfulness I mean something that means nothing at all)
Complete opposite of a discussion, strangely enough yet here we are on a discussion forum/board, all that seems to be around at the moment

You might as well just type "Bleh Bleh", means as much

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I NEVER CLOSE My Eyes , it Prevents me from Seeing the Matrix , and How it is Really being Formed for All of US Today . Try it Bro , but it Might be Disturbing to Some ............

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I NEVER CLOSE My Eyes , it Prevents me from Seeing the Matrix , and How it is Really being Formed for All of US Today . Try it Bro , but it Might be Disturbing to Some ............

All this time and I had no idea...

All I had to do was keep my eyes open without ever closing them again!

10/10 for effort here, gave me a laugh

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

PS: if you are genuinely being serious here with what you have said...

Not being able to feel anything at all, is not easy and you need to get some counselling or similar to help you get over whatever happened to you and I feel for you if this is the case. You might think you are alright if you literally do not feel, but you are not mate, denial is a tought thing to experience with trauma or similar.

No offence intended either way, some of the posts on here are bordering on troll level at the moment, hard to tell when some might just not be reading the opening posts.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Only in Sleep are TRUTHS Revealed , but in the Light of Day , your are On your Own ...............)
edit on 23-4-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Only in Sleep are TRUTHS Revealed , but in the Light of Day , your are On your Own ...............)

Ok, so I will bite here, good or bad...

What TRUTHS are revealed to you in Sleep without closing your eyes?

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreatWork
There is also the collective unconscious. Everything everyone has experienced since time, is stored away as well in the collective.

Yes and no.

Genetic memory might be a thing but it doesn't blanket cover entire topics. That's a complicated irony.

There is a reason why we instinctively fear spiders. But not everyone does on a level that resembles a phobia. That is because our parents and their parents and their parents feared spiders. Or their parents.The genetic memory is actually pretty easily broken...media has proven that. I love Spider-Man. But 150 years ago, there was no Spider man.

There are other examples but unless you want to equate aspects of the collective unconscious with evolution than you are just barking up the wrong tree.

It's not a collective 'now' unconscious'...it's a competing past of unconscious.

Which, when you think about it, explains, why so many people care about an invisible man. Except for the GOP. They know that invisible doesn't exist. But they love fleecing people who do.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   

What you guys got your own little D@D gathering were you discuss such things? Only about the subconscious? That would sound so cool if it does not sound so nerdy.

Yes, and it can get quite nerdy with discussions, why should it not?

The surprising thing that is also probably the most hopeful in my eyes, is that increasingly meetings are filled with people from all walks of life that just want to either perform fun shows without humiliation or help others in need.
It seems to be slowly bridging the gap between hypnotists and hypnotherapists too, which I can only see being a good thing. Can only speak for the UK of course.

I used to be against that sort of thing, keeping it closed off and not sharing experiences, ideas, breakthroughs. These days im starting to understand why this might have to be the case from some of the things im reading (especially on this thread).

Sadly, open discussions are becoming a thing of the past once again, I fear, we really might be going backwards the more technology creeps forwards.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Enlightenment Grasshopper..........

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Monkey Kangaroo.....

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: XXXN3O

Monkey Kangaroo.....

Komodo Dragon...

Is that what it takes for you to read and reply to my post?

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Samanth9956

Monkey Kangaroo.....

Komodo Dragon...

Is that what it takes for you to read and reply to my post?

No.

I am the person that gave your post (and your previous post) a star as I agree with you mostly

Too elaborate, im looking for something I can run with in terms of the topic, then engage in a debate or something similar. At the moment its just been people disagreeing/agreeing or going total batman with randomness.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Well if you got a little group of people to bounce ideas of eachother. Then I suppose, that would make you a bit ahead on that topic. But still behind the think tanks of the 20th century, or the last few centuries.

Anyways, sarcasm, sometimes is unconscious expression of conscious observation. Only those of quick instincts can catch it as it goes over there heads.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 11:34 PM
link   

No.

I am the person that gave your post (and your previous post) a star as I agree with you mostly

Too elaborate, im looking for something I can run with in terms of the topic, then engage in a debate or something similar. At the moment its just been people disagreeing/agreeing or going total batman with randomness.

Fair enough.

I think that a basic premise of genetic memory requires having a modicum of 'meh' for Jung. He didn't factor other cultures and I think that is important.

I have a lot of thoughts on this topic but, to be fair and honest, I don't want to waste my time.

A lot of people think that the neurotransmitters that accompany sleep validate their experience...even when they experience nothing.

And that weirds me out.

I don't why.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join