It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The answers lie within - Free your mind...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 06:36 AM
link   
According to David Bohm and Kristnamurti there is a problem with thought:

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

For me the questions of primary, spiritual concern become self-evident upon deep reflection.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: XXXN3O
Are we just slaves to our sub-conscious mind?

You do realize you are using your free-will when you choose to be a slave to your sub-conscious mind. Some people simply cannot help themselves from being masochistic.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Are we just slaves to our sub-conscious mind?

You do realize you are using your free-will when you choose to be a slave to your sub-conscious mind. Some people simply cannot help themselves from being masochistic.

If you actually can control your sub-conscious to the levels you claim.

Hats off to you, you win, congratulations! You won at this whole little nonsensical thing called being human. Actually let me go further and say you won at life! Well done!

edit on 19-4-2019 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: XXXN3O

How can one be a slave to his unconscious mind if it is his unconscious mind? Wouldn’t every function of his unconscious mind be a function of himself?

No one or nothing else besides yourself controls your heartbeat. Free will, in that sense, is a brute fact.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tartuffe

How can one be a slave to his unconscious mind if it is his unconscious mind? Wouldn’t every function of his unconscious mind be a function of himself?

No one or nothing else besides yourself controls your heartbeat. Free will, in that sense, is a brute fact.

The unconscious mind works on patterned behaviours almost instantly and feeds it to the conscious as I have explained in the opening post. (This is accepted as a scientific consensus and part of the human condition although the wording might be different in different circles)

Of course, it is who the individual is (yourself), not getting your point here other than switching words around?

Nothing besides yourself controls your heartbeat? Well it must be amazing and very tiring to literally think every few seconds and have to tell your mind to tell your heart to beat via your conscious mind...

Motor functions do not seem to exist anymore if what you say is correct? Must be a lot of hard work remembering to blind, breathe, beat your heart, control your skin temperature etc!

Sorry but im kinda wondering what in the actual f? Do you even know what you are claiming here alongside the post before you, just wow!

No offence intended or anything other than what I said.

edit on 19-4-2019 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 11:26 PM
link   

In the plant kingdom, trees and other such various things, there roots are in general as it depends on there environment much more massive and more extensive then the actual tree or plant. In rainforests well, there is more often then not more going on under then there is on top.

Anyways what I am saying is as a general rule, what lies beneth is most times more complex and vast then what lies outward.

But ya, in all our subconscious mind dictates many things that our conscious mind does, and even basic things like training yourself to drive a car like you said, or even athletic things or even studying for tests, is nothing if not proof of that. Its why when your stumped on something, or you cant accomplish something and you just keep going at it over and over to no avail.

The best thing to do is not repeat it over and over again, till your bashing your head against a wall. The best thing to do is take a nap, and your brain and mind will rewire itself, tho albeit slowly or at least depending on who and what, but when you wake up or take a break from it, and come back to it again at a latter date. It becomes much easier, what dreams may come right?

Anyways, ya your right, the subconscious is a powerful thing in people.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Tartuffe
Ohh! I don't know. Why is it that a 1 minute commercial during the super ball costs more then most small countries make per year? And at a other times that same commercial is no were near as costly? Why would anybody spend so much on something that is useless?

Conscious attention is just a function of unconscious behavior for a lot of people. Studies on the links between conscious behavior and unconscious behavior have been around since WW2 and then some.

So ya, in many ways one can be a slave to there own subconscious and not know it.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   
A bit to harsh arent we, it is a valid question. How can one be in total control of himself or herself, and also at the same time not be in control at all. Or at least I saw one these ? behind the sentences. So I thought they were questions.

But then again, I should not be talking, I have ripped on people for a fraction of a fraction less in asking stupid questions. Hmm, I must be an idiot I suppose. Oh well, # doth happen even to me.

Anyways, back to the thread. I would say, one of the more interesting threads on ATS in a while, much better then all the Trump ones this site has been riddles with lately.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tartuffe

The unconscious mind works on patterned behaviours almost instantly and feeds it to the conscious as I have explained in the opening post. (This is accepted as a scientific consensus and part of the human condition although the wording might be different in different circles)

Of course, it is who the individual is (yourself), not getting your point here other than switching words around?

Nothing besides yourself controls your heartbeat? Well it must be amazing and very tiring to literally think every few seconds and have to tell your mind to tell your heart to beat via your conscious mind...

Motor functions do not seem to exist anymore if what you say is correct? Must be a lot of hard work remembering to blind, breathe, beat your heart, control your skin temperature etc!

Sorry but im kinda wondering what in the actual f? Do you even know what you are claiming here alongside the post before you, just wow!

No offence intended or anything other than what I said.

No offence taken. You just don’t know what you are.

You’ve pitted the “conscious mind” against the “unconscious mind”—wrongly—and have mistakenly identified with one but not the other.

Sorry, but despite you’re magical nonsense, you still govern your own heart rate. It’s simple biology. Your SA node, which is a part of you, sets the rhythm of your heart. One part of you sets the rhythm of another part of you.

You are the entire organism, not one part controlled by another.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird
A bit to harsh arent we, it is a valid question. How can one be in total control of himself or herself, and also at the same time not be in control at all. Or at least I saw one these ? behind the sentences. So I thought they were questions.

But then again, I should not be talking, I have ripped on people for a fraction of a fraction less in asking stupid questions. Hmm, I must be an idiot I suppose. Oh well, # doth happen even to me.

Anyways, back to the thread. I would say, one of the more interesting threads on ATS in a while, much better then all the Trump ones this site has been riddles with lately.

Might come across a bit harsh I agree.

The problem is, I want to share what I find out, have it open to criticism or to show others.

On here I learn from areas I have no experience from too. To me, its not a bad thing to try and look at all angles to keep an open mind so to speak. Same with anything really.

The people I discover in this field meet up at times and send invites, with the aim of speaking freely with each other with a level understanding of sorts with it being closed to others who do not have experience. I find myself questioning now if this is all that really is going on with so called conspiracy think tanks/groups etc, the older I get.

Personally, I am going through a type of, maybe im not so smart as I thought phase. Which is not a bad thing at all, so please do not take me as being an arrogant or judgemental person here.

Just learning as we all are, maybe a wee bit to open and honest with certain ways of putting it

However, I cannot accept that there are people out there who can consciously control all motor functions in real time at the same time, at will, and it annoys me that anyone could even suggest that as a simple fact without elaboration at all, like its a simple as urinating on a wall without wind lol
edit on 20-4-2019 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Tartuffe

'The field is the sole governing agency of the particle' Einstein

The ocean is waving.
edit on 20-4-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 01:15 AM
link   

The people I discover in this field meet up at times and send invites, with the aim of speaking freely with each other with a level understanding of sorts with it being closed to others who do not have experience. I find myself questioning now if this is all that really is going on with so called conspiracy think tanks/groups etc, the older I get.

What you guys got your own little D@D gathering were you discuss such things? Only about the subconscious? That would sound so cool if it does not sound so nerdy.

As for the think tanks/groups, well it is a mistake to think that when you first heard of a thing it first came into existence. So ya, there were likely many other people and groups of people pondering on this subconscious thing long before one hears of it.

However, I cannot accept that there are people out there who can consciously control all motor functions in real time at the same time, at will, and it annoys me that anyone could even suggest that as a simple fact without elaboration at all, like its a simple as urinating on a wall without wind

Well all motor functions are controlled in real time, there just not all planed to reach certain outcomes in real time. But sometimes people are like those little toy soldiers they used to make years and years ago. You wind them up, and watch them go. The subconscious is responsible for a great many things we do in conscious life, its like the little wind up key people have on there backs, only its in there head. Like a knee jerk response is a physical response to a physical stimuli, there are also mental responses to mental stimuli.

I dont think its to any great effect. But you cant deny that the effect does exist.

Mikey, Mikey Motorcycle turn the key and watch him pee, all the way to Tennessee. Remember that? Kids used to say it all the time at one point. It means nothing, but it sure got a response from the kids that were named Mike or Michel, or Mikey.

edit on 1amSundayam212019f0amSun, 21 Apr 2019 01:17:56 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   
"although I do not suppose that either of us knows anything really beautiful and good, I am better off than he is - for he knows nothing, and thinks that he knows. I neither know nor think that I know"

I think you're oversimplifying something extraordinarily complex in order to declare that you "know".
I think history shows us the folly in that quite well.
edit on 22-4-2019 by HarbingerOfShadows because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Despite statistics and facts being that air travel is one of the safest forms and on top of that, being involved in an incident means you are even more unlikely to be involved ever again within a lifetime is almost completely invisible to the conscious mind due to the trauma being reinforeced and fed to you by the sub-conscious/unconscious.

Interesting thread, but your above statement contains a common factual misconception: being involved in an air incident does not in any way affect your future likelihood of being involved in another such incident. Read up on the Gambler's/ Monte Carlo fallacy if you cannot understand why this is.

edit on 22-4-2019 by EvilAxis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   
DP
edit on 23-4-2019 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   

We are not really knowing or understanding ourselves at all.

Some have.

many still live a dream while believing they are awake.

Actually many that claim that society is asleep are in fact in a deeper sleep themselves, the deeper the dream the more trippy it gets hence why many that claim society is asleep are into alternative subjects or things of a paranormal nature.

Some as I say realize that the deeper they go the more asleep they are until they stop looking externally (how others are asleep) and actually search deep within like you say.

This is where I believe the realization that when you look to point out how others are wrong, bad, asleep and sheeple you realize its a reflection of yourself, this then allows you awaken for a second or 3rd or 4th or whatever time and search even deeper within and really question yourself and the reality around you without a bias from your previous beliefs or influence of those that say they have the answers.

Exploration of one self can lead to a peaceful darkness and an understanding that makes life meaningless all at the same time make it have so much meaning that its priceless.

It may sound new agey, but a realization of the connection of everything becomes more clear the darker it gets when you search within.

Personally I have experienced moments or fractions of moments of pure nothingness, the void, from searching for answers internally instead of externally.

in the split moment, a billionth trillionth of a second everything makes sense, all time and space are one, there is no separation.

Words cannot describe the feeling of non feeling, words only can contradict or describe the dual nature of being.

awareness existing due to belief is all I am, connected to many other part of the same awareness existing just as I am.

Each has its/their own view, be it a directly manipulated one or one that is indirectly manipulated.

our perception both on conscious and unconscious levels manipulates our beliefs of who, what and why we are what we are.

experiencing and searching your own psyche is the furthest one can travel in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: HarbingerOfShadows
"although I do not suppose that either of us knows anything really beautiful and good, I am better off than he is - for he knows nothing, and thinks that he knows. I neither know nor think that I know"

I think you're oversimplifying something extraordinarily complex in order to declare that you "know".
I think history shows us the folly in that quite well.

I am not claiming that "I know" above anyone else, just stating what my own experiences have been from helping others.

Of course I am oversimplifying it, if it is overcomplicated there will never be advancements, just merely repeaters of textbooks. That too is my opinion from what I see and experience.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvilAxis

Despite statistics and facts being that air travel is one of the safest forms and on top of that, being involved in an incident means you are even more unlikely to be involved ever again within a lifetime is almost completely invisible to the conscious mind due to the trauma being reinforeced and fed to you by the sub-conscious/unconscious.

Interesting thread, but your above statement contains a common factual misconception: being involved in an air incident does not in any way affect your future likelihood of being involved in another such incident. Read up on the Gambler's/ Monte Carlo fallacy if you cannot understand why this is.

You see the issue here is that you are attacking a programming/message which is intended to provide an extreme opposite to help a person.

To reiterate. Take someone who has been in an air traffic incident/accident when combined with the almost instantaneous lessons the sub-conscious takes from it - this is a threat, do not fly ever again, ever and fear anything to do with planes.

Message being - If I am to suggest to someone... "Look flying is quite safe, its normal to be absolutely petrified and so you should but I think that you should just fly anyways cause im right and you are wrong" Nothing will be achieved there.

But no, im committing a logical fallacy of sorts? I mean wakey wakey, the mind of that person is commiting the same first is it not?

C'mon?

edit on 23-4-2019 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

I hear you.

edit on 23-4-2019 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join