It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The answers lie within - Free your mind...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Hi folks,

so ive been writing quite a lot down, which is something I started last year, keeping a journal of thoughts and ponderings throughout my journey as a stage Hypnotist that also helps others with rare illnesses/conditions/mental health issues alongside my own personal experiences good/bad etc.

This is a work in progress and yes it is very early days.

Quite keen to just share and see what the community thinks so far. I am aware that this topic can branch out in so many ways, I am not sure where im going with it personally at the moment either. Just sharing and contributing basically, this is also a topic that is still not fully explored, which is my reason for enjoying it and choosing to persue it in life.

All of the answers lie within - Free your mind

• What is the Unconscious/Sub-Conscious Mind?
All of our thoughts come from the Unconscious mind. The sub-conscious is shaped by every single thing you see, hear, experience, feel and consciously choose.

• The Purpose of the Unconscious/Sub-Conscious Mind
The Unconscious minds primary purpose at its core essence seems to be survival.
Whilst exact figures are still being debated to this day, the general consensus is that it can process around 11 million pieces of information per second!
Studies have shown that it covers 95% of our functions both in mind and body. The eyes, the heartbeat, core temperature, blood, activation of immune system, breathing and all other motor functions. Including all thoughts, feelings, images and higher thought that reaches the conscious mind.

• The Purpose of the Conscious Mind
The conscious mind accounts for an estimated 5% of our functions. It does this by selecting what to say, what to think, what to feel, how to act and anything that is pre-selected by the Unconscious.
It is the essence of who we think we are, the reader (you reading this now).
With the unconscious mind always pondering what suggestion to supply you with next be it discontinue or read on.
The conscious mind can process around 40 pieces per second. It is clear to see that the Conscious Mind is a mere drop in the ocean when it comes to who we think we are!

• Are we just slaves to our sub-conscious mind?
General consensus appears to suggest that this is the case on the surface.
However, certain motor functions such as breathing rate or blinking can be temporarily controlled by the conscious mind (focus on your breathing and suddenly you can control it).
Using hypnotherapy a subject can control through, the suggestion of the hypnotherapist, other areas of the mind too. Heart rate, body temperature and a whole other multitude of things. Even the lens of both eyes can be tightened to aid long/short sightedness!

• Why can’t I do this without assistance?
Well for starters we are not born with an instruction manual for how to operate our own mind. Up until full development we are instilled with parental care, guidance and soak up all information provided to programme us enough to function within the society we will take part in.
Our mind absorbs this of course, due to its primary function (survival).

• Why (I believe) you can, already have and still do this without assitance but fail to realise it

Universally. Learning any skill requires dedication, patience and habitual practice.
Let’s take a scenario of passing a driving test with a manual car (same principles apply to automatic).
It is safe to assume that almost everyone will have watched an adult driving a vehicle on many occasions.
When sitting in a car as a driver for the first time. The instructor will explain the function of each pedal, gearstick, and indicators alongside all basic knowledge of how to operate.
More often than not the student will think to themselves “I have seen this a thousand times, I know what to do here”.
Both feet are ready, gear in place and then it happens. Stalled vehicle.
You try again and again. Stalling happens almost every single time until suddenly something clicks and you can get the process correct. Yet it happens again almost at random until enough practice where you become competent enough to finally pass the test after lessons and time.
This happens because you are programming a skill into you Unconscious/Sub-Conscious Mind using the conscious mind. Due to our conscious minds limitation, it is difficult to operate so many things at once in different co-ordinations (gear stick, steering wheel, radio, indicators, pedals, oncoming traffic etc).
Repeated attempts gradually program the skill into your mind until the point where you can do the task unconsciously. The vehicle then becomes an extension of you and the Unconscious/Sub-Conscious and you can drive with ease.

Think about the first time you tasted coffee or beer for a moment, did you like it? More often than not most will say no. What did you do? You consumed more and more until, suddenly, you enjoy it. You have consciously programmed your mind to enjoy the taste just like driving a car. This seems to be a method of tricking the sub conscious/unconscious mind, training of sorts.

Think about the first time you hear a song and absolutely detest it. You keep hearing it and cannot get it out of your head. Suddenly you are waking up and listening to it on repeat wondering how you could ever have hated such a great song in the first place? You consciously programmed your mind to enjoy the sound.

• Further Elaboration
Up until this point I have covered the Unconscious and Sub-Conscious mind as one part to enable an easier overall read. I personally do not like to think of them as separate as it can be the cause of many arguments. In my opinion this only detracts from the overall objective of what I consider to be important – a complete in depth analysis of finer points is not required for someone to action self-improvement or aid others. Especially when this topic is still not fully understood by anyone on this planet to this day.

I am quite aware this probably reads like some sort of experiment or detached writing. It is just a section of a journal im keeping as I learn and develop. Always open to the thoughts of others, after all we cannot know what we dont know unless made aware of it!

Thanks for reading.

Cheers!

edit on 18-4-2019 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:44 PM
link   
There is also the collective unconscious. Everything everyone has experienced since time, is stored away as well in the collective.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreatWork
There is also the collective unconscious. Everything everyone has experienced since time, is stored away as well in the collective.

Ooft!

You started that off with an easy tree branch with this topic (sarcasm intended)

Like your thinking, but not touching that branch for now. It would be amazing if we could link this in someway through genetics or similar for proof of ancestoral memories or similar.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I cannot bring myself to read past "The answers lie within". This sentence is a perfect example of this mind f**k reality. The answers LIE.

Why would two words in the English language be the same spelling but have completely different meanings? Because this place is a LIE.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: XXXN3O

Ooft!

You started that off with an easy tree branch with this topic (sarcasm intended)

Like your thinking, but not touching that branch for now. It would be amazing if we could link this in someway through genetics or similar for proof of ancestoral memories or similar.

It is linked by the fundamental forces in the binding fabric of our existence.
edit on 18-4-2019 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: XXXN3O

Very interesting! I've been journaling too, since the new year commenced. My thoughts have drifted toward Mind-Body-Spirit, mind over matter, believing it into being, and contemplating the fact that...

Human cells make up only 43% of the body's total cell count. The rest are microscopic colonists.

Source: www.bbc.com...

Sometimes when I'm not feeling well, I look at myself in the mirror, and speak directly to the other organisms that co-exist with me in our biome, and say to them, "Conform... or leave this body." Because I believe I have power of influence over them. I realize that may sound nutty to some people, but I believe in mind over matter.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlukeSkywalker
I cannot bring myself to read past "The answers lie within". This sentence is a perfect example of this mind f**k reality. The answers LIE.

Why would two words in the English language be the same spelling but have completely different meanings? Because this place is a LIE.

You spelled it the same way he did. You just took it differently, out of context for the OP's meaning. Reality is based on individual perception, which makes you not wrong, but rather a different reality.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlukeSkywalker

Ok so if the answers do LIE within. Then they might not LIE without. Yet, if there is no answer without or within that would mean everything is a LIE?

No.

Context and control is what is being used when it comes to language as you have just shown.
There are answers within and without. Either this is really, complete chaos or sense can be made.

Since (so far) some sense has been made of a lot of many things, it stands to logically say that further sense can be made of what appears to be magical-ness on a surface level.

Or you can just go for a LIE down?

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Since (so far) some sense has been made of a lot of many things, it stands to logically say that further sense can be made of what appears to be magical-ness on a surface level.

Would belief be considered magical-ness? Direct reality control. So in touch with what we would again refer to as forces, that a more direct reality control could be established?

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

originally posted by: XXXN3O

Ooft!

It is linked by the fundamental forces in the binding fabric of our existence.

It all does seem to lead towards this no matter what branch you start with it seems...

For the moment though, from my side of thinking for now regarding binding fabrics of existence etc...

But maybe that is just my own problem haha.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The only way to learn to link to the collective consciousness of the world is to try to learn to communicate with your subconscious because it is way more intelligent than our consciousness. If you can establish a link it can become possible to know what other people know without a need to actually learn it. The problem is that it requires conditioning the subconscious to work with you, it can be hard to do because our consciousness is way less advanced and slower thinking than our subconsciousness. If our subconscious is working correctly, when you eat something that is mildly toxic, it will throw out a craving to eat the antidote or companion food. We do not have the knowledge to automatically do that in our consciousness.

The link between people of a kind is done subconsciously, but some people have learned to master this, they refer to them as geniuses, but actually they are not geniuses, they just can tap into others to find the answers, others who know more than them. But they need to be able to understand and properly interpret the link and shun the interference coming from people who emit signals that are not sane. Controlling the link properly is essential. I have not mastered this yet. Some people have a natural gift for this, and the link is not limited to human to human linking either, some can link to other forms of life. With the help of our subconscious, we can even link to the microbes in our gut and they are linked to microbes in other people. Could you see what controlling this pathway could do?

Maybe someday I will finally learn how to do this correctly, but remember, I know a lot of people who are a little nuts about something, almost everyone is nuts about something. So how do you know who you are linked to?

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I wonder would habits life long such as cleanliness or laziness could they be transferred to DNA ? We Are after all Animals and some animals have inherent born with abilities i suppose the same would apply to the human condition? Biological physiologic, brain mapped habit tendency's to phrase in total laymen terms??

And hypnotic Changes to brain behavior... would they effect an evolving DNA father/mother to son/daughter

isin't it every 7 years we/ every cell in our body gets completely replaced?

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Bit of further thoughts (just a little more) on why both parts can be considered separate (conscious/unconscious) yet are closely linked to aid in revealing the cause of both minor and far more serious issues developing.

Given that the Sub-Conscious is responsible for filtering out all unnecessary information you encounter on a daily basis and feeds the conscious pieces of information to choose from as explained above.
Also accesses memories/skills such as how to drive a car without having to consciously think about it (programming) alongside storing short term memory recall (where did I leave my keys, what do I need to get from the store etc.)
Runs daily habits, moods and behaviours.
It filters (beliefs and values) every single piece of incoming information instantly through the belief and value system you have and judges it in a logical manner according to your minds perception of the world.
Anything taken in by your senses and what the conscious experience values it to mean.

The Unconscious is where your collective life memories are stored for the Sub-Conscious to access when needed. This also includes memories that no longer agree with our belief/value filter, old habits, old behaviours and deep seated emotions that have been formed since birth.
Please keep in mind here that repressed memories of painful or traumatic events are stored here under lock and key, the conscious mind is unable to reach them directly.

• What causes self sabotage, irrational fears, phobia’s, mental health issues and what can be done to help?
Quite often the conclusion often reached is that everyone is at the mercy of their sub-conscious and in turn the Unconscious. The things that happen to us, especially in our early years, do have a profound effect on future development/choices/behaviour. With the main driving force behind life being survival it is incredibly easy for sabotage to happen unintentionally.

One scenario of how this can go wrong (often does)...

A person decides to go on holiday. Whilst on the runway one of the wings catches fire, passengers begin screaming, oxygen masks are deployed etc. Luckily everyone escapes safely and the situation is contained. Almost anyone would find this experience daunting and maybe avoid flying for a short period of time before biting the bullet and going on another plane for a holiday.
However with this person, they find it terrifying and are so traumatised, that the sub-conscious kicks in to protect by creating a new set of behaviours instantly.
This creates a brand new filter in turn enabling every single aircraft crash or similar incident on the news, movies, newspapers, conversations, to go right into the persons Sub-Conscious through to the Unconscious strengthening each time. Ultimately resulting in panic, dread, terror at the thought of ever setting foot in a plane ever again and if the new filter is strong enough even talking about the topic could set off a panic attack or similar.

Despite statistics and facts being that air travel is one of the safest forms and on top of that, being involved in an incident means you are even more unlikely to be involved ever again within a lifetime is almost completely invisible to the conscious mind due to the trauma being reinforeced and fed to you by the sub-conscious/unconscious.

Just an example here, im trying to explain my original point a bit more. We are not really knowing or understanding ourselves at all. Part of the human condition it seems and might give an insight for some into a bigger picture to elaborate upon.

edit on 19-4-2019 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

Very interesting! I've been journaling too, since the new year commenced. My thoughts have drifted toward Mind-Body-Spirit, mind over matter, believing it into being, and contemplating the fact that...

Human cells make up only 43% of the body's total cell count. The rest are microscopic colonists.

Sometimes when I'm not feeling well, I look at myself in the mirror, and speak directly to the other organisms that co-exist with me in our biome, and say to them, "Conform... or leave this body." Because I believe I have power of influence over them. I realize that may sound nutty to some people, but I believe in mind over matter.

Every time I try to tell those microbes to obey me, they tell me I must feed them or they will bite me. Maybe my recipes I create taste so good because they please people's microbes who then reward their host with chemistry that makes them feel good.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

Totally worthwile doing!

It does not matter how you do it, why you do it, whether it makes sense or not to anyone else.

You are tricking your mind into believing it, your unconscious/sub-conscious will feed your conscious mind with more of the same with enough repetition

Truth/Lies/Spiritualism/Material or whatever does not matter to the mind. The mind will make you notice more of the same, think the same, hear the same, feel the same, act the same as others around you that are the same/situations/adverts/videos/articles or anything in between to reinforce as ive tried to explain in the opening post.

The real thing to begin to question later is... what does this thing I am reading/listening too/seeing etc mean?

Then it gets complicated

Its amazing how adaptable we can be, yet it seems to be our greatest weakness too.

edit on 19-4-2019 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Maybe the unconscious and subconscious are just different stages of the cognitive mind/body priorities an processes over the conscious one. What about reacting with no intent even though the act says other wise, where as in lay men's term, thinking would just slow it down.

Would this be the due to the result in of having no interference with the stomach and it communication with the brain? Where it constantly tells the brain which way their ass is going.

edit on 19-4-2019 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 01:27 AM
link   

The un-/subconscious minds game is not survival, or nobody would do drugs, smoke, drink alcohol, or cross a street without paying attention.
I believe it's not even human, but an expression of the smaller minds inhabiting us. That's what my gut tells me.
A lot of practices for enlightemnent are about overcoming urges and the ego and I think that is because those things aren't human at all.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Fascinating thread! It is 4:31 Am and I need to sleep so I'll catch up tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 05:15 AM
link   

If all answer lie within, where do the questions come from?

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Thought just happens but there maybe a claiming of them..... 'I thought that'.... but is there really anyone doing thinking?
Actions happen but is there really anyone doing anything?

The answer lies in observingness.

The seer and seen are one not two.
edit on 19-4-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join