It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Guardian says patriots have taken up positions on the border, arresting invaders

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Opps ITS was at pendelton, 29 palms was tank training

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Largely the firearms are for personal defense. However, resisting arrest with violence (even by private citizen) changes the game.

changes the game how so?
you would have to concoct a story like " I feared for my life or I saw a sudden movement into their pocket" to have any line of legal defense.

So you're in effect advocating that they be shot and darn the consequences for your patriots mates if no guns were brandished by the detained.

Basically throwing your patriots to the wolves of the Legal system

keynote "reasonable force"

wiki

In the United States, a private person can stop or “arrest” an individual engaged in a serious crime. You can also use reasonable force to hold them until law enforcement arrives on the scene. This is known as a “citizen's arrest.”

Your fervor borders on a call to arms reminiscent of Kristallnacht,

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati

wow you are a bigot. awesome I presume you are under 30 as well you have that naive shine

it is OK you have lead a shelterd life, how fortunate for you, does that make you feel guilty?

Be honest now, you hate that you have a good life. Safe and secure, with no effort on your part.

well I was one of the many that are willing to die so you can feel safe and secure. What are you willing to sacrafice your life for, what convictions do you have?

i am not a bigot at all
i just dont believe you.

did you not just see me post to Burns who i do not like at all that i respect and admire the fact that he is so willing to stand by his convictions and do what he thinks is right?
must have missed that huh?

my issue is i think most of you are liars. i do reserve the right to change my mind

for me it is not the what that you guys are doing but they why
and the reasons you say i dont believe

why do you think i lived a sheltered life? you dont know anything about me.

i didnt ask you to serve man
you did that #.

dont pass it off like you did it so i could have a good life

our freedoms have not been fought for in a long time

definitely not in 77-81

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

changes the game how so?
you would have to concoct a story like " I feared for my life or I saw a sudden movement into their pocket" to have any line of legal defense.

So you're in effect advocating that they be shot and darn the consequences for your patriots mates if no guns were brandished by the detained.

its what i have been trying to say

its what they want

all under the guise of the law and patriotism

but boy oh boy let them change the game

then they can really get started

i must be the only one who sees this

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

We need housing programs. There's more work than housing, but landlords get angry at Mexican families for all staying in the same house. (Which I don't fully understand

If you lent your car to a friend and he squeezed 10 people in and damaged your car? Would you be happy?
Or if a Cinema is licensed to fit 200 people and they squeeze in 400? What happens in the event of fire?

Its comes under sanitation, maximum occupation etc, under local laws - and if the Landlord squeezes too many in - they may invalidate their Insurance policies. Theres also reason why motels etc usually have fire extinguishers whilst private rentals dont.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

You are a bigot and a liar and you know it kiddo, weak sauce boy.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
As expected, Citizens from the United Constitutional Patriots group have taken up positions on the Southern border and have been detaining invaders and turning them over to CBP. In addition to static security checkpoints, they are conducting patrols on the border looking for those attempting to illegally cross. Excellent. Side note: Does anyone know where I can send donations to this group? Money, supplies, whatever they need!

www.theguardian.com...

Ignore their spin and the losers at ACLU, these men and women are PATRIOTS every last one of them. Thinking about taking a trip down South myself, but want to coordinate with their efforts. I know at least a half dozen good men that are willing to take time off work and patrol the border.

Keep doing your duties patriots. I have a feeling reinforcements by the thousands will be on their way once other patriots hear of their deeds. What great men and women, who would take time out of their own lives - for NO PAY - to defend our nation from the alien threat.

God speed patriots.

EDIT: As an aside to Guardian's lyin' article, the right to make an arrest as a private citizen is ingrained into our law and is 100% legal.

Since the activities of these vigilantees is taking place in New Mexico, you are very wrong about citizens arrest powers there. New Mexico only allows such a citizens arrest in cases of a felony being committed. Entering the US to claim asylum is totally legal under federal law. And even if the person is not coming in to claim asylum, it is only a misdemeanor. So your "patriots" are committing felony kidnapping. New Mexico law would allow me, in order to defend someone from a felony kidnapping, to take my Lapua .338 and a bunch of Desertech .338 LM rounds and put the feloneous bigots out of our misery.
Why don't we demand that everyone obey the law, and not just those with a different skin tone?

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati

You are a bigot and a liar and you know it kiddo, weak sauce boy.

Why is it that people with no argument attack the person instead of their stance?

Asking for a friend...

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Alright, here goes. 1) I am British immigrant to the US and 2) I went through the "legal" way and crippled myself financially over it. The legal way is long, tons of paperwork, lots of money and a huge amount of stress and fear.

Now, let's talk about reasonable force. I served in the Royal Marines and have experience in security too. Unlike this guy earlier, who seems to be talking in some dramatic fairytale of doing whatever he wants and never being questioned, I just want to point out that using unreasonable force + lawsuit is pretty much the end of a career. In the case of these individuals, it's even worse.

Some people here think the reasonable force means you can attack, shoot, blah blah anyone who is committing a crime, depending on severity. There is a reason why it's "reasonable" and there are limits. For example, if someone shoplifts an item and they are trying to leave, it is potentially reasonable force to tell them to stop, and if not, try to prevent them from leaving by blocking the door, holding it closed. If that deescalates the situation then job done. If person becomes agitated and attempts to leave, and you grab ahold of their arm, you are treading on unreasonable force since it can cause injury, and you're not a L.E.O. so you are limited to what you can do.

If said person becomes even more agitated and starts screaming to let them go, and you are physically pulling on them, and holding them back, you're also treading on thin ice already. If you attempt to tackle them and take them down to the ground at this stage, you're done. Whether or not you get away with it is based on how competent the person is in knowing their rights. You have used unreasonable force and are subject to being sued for damages.

You cannot escalate a situation using your own "force" and cause the person to become fearful for their own life. Again, it depends on the severity of the crime, but you cannot assume everyone is a smuggler, murderer, drug dealer, violent, etc and use unreasonable force.

The same applies to this whole border situation. If a person runs, since the crime they have committed is considering a non-violent crime, you cannot escalate the situation into a chase and shoot, attack, take down or whatever else you feel is reasonable force on someone who is fleeing, especially not in this situation.

1) You are not a LEO.
2) You are carrying a deadly weapon.
3) You are detaining someone without consent.
4) You are threatening and causing fear.
5) It is a non-violent misdemeanor. You are subject to the same "Reasonable force" as one would use to prevent a shoplifter from escaping without handing over their stolen item.

Also, the more this goes on, the natural progression of people doing this is to think that they are are given the "green light" to keep doing it. The Standard Prison Experiment shows that people gradually settle into their roles the more they are allowed to do it and take greater risks, inflict greater stress and harm on others given the ability to continue their power/control.

All it takes is someone in that group to physically hurt someone, while being armed with a deadly weapon, and it's game over. Weather the weapon was used or not, being armed with it at the time will only make the case easier to convict using unreasonable force. If you attempt to touch, and the person pushes you away and attempts to run, and you take them down and they get hurt, you're done. Fear and Fight or Flight is a normal response.

Yes, you can do a lot and get away with a lot, but all it takes is someone that's smart and a lawyer who knows half his salt and you're looking at yourself being financially ruined and potentially even losing your job.

So keep playing vigilante, but all you're doing is playing a dangerous game of cat and mouse, and people coming over the border often have NOTHING to lose. Do you?

I know a bunch of you are going to disagree, and that's fine, but this won't end the way you think. Someone who is doing this is going to get into serious trouble sooner or later.

And please, you can go on and on about a citizens arrest and the laws saying you can use force to arrest someone on your property, and saying that the US is YOUR property, but come on, do you think that's going to hold up in court when someone gets hurt and sues you? "I was in the US, so it's my property and I was protecting it..."

If that was the case, anyone in the US anywhere can arrest someone using a citizens arrest. Do you know how many crimes are committed every single day in-front of citizens, by citizens? If that is your stance, then guess what, you should be America first and going around your neighborhood and arresting everyone who commits a crime in town. In fact, let me say this. If the US is your property, and you only have to be in it, you can walk into anyone house and chill out without them doing anything. But wait, they can trespass you and ask you to leave. If you don't, they can force you. Let's face it though, just because you can do something, doesn't mean it's right to do it. So please, stop this nonsense and think outside the box. Stop being so closed-minded and twisting the laws to suit your own agenda.

So here it is in a nutshell. Reasonable Force does not mean gun down, beat, smash and hit people because they committed a misdemeanor, wave around guns and cause fear into people. You're gonna be the ones getting arrested, sooner or later. That's all folks, the end.

As for people entering illegally, guess what? They have often NOTHING, especially families. They will be denied a VISA. The whole system is really bad and needs restructuring. It does not work in its current form and people feel like the only way to get away from their trash country is to illegally cross. They also don't have the money to go through a whole legal process like I did. Over 800 forms of paperwork submitted to USCIS and DHS and over $5,000 in the first 12 months of various fees. Most people can't establish a new life in a new country when escaping from their own because of hard times. Coming up with even half of that while trying to make ends meet isn't easy.

PS. That kid just shoplifted out of 7-11. Damn, let's get out the car with AR-15s, holster, sidearm, wearing a BDU lookalike and detain them. I mean, the commuted a strength-similar misdemeanor, so why not! Kid walks away, so you jump him and citizen arrest him. Police arrive, talk to the kid, probably let him go and ask if he wants to press charges because you assaulted him. When you assault someone, they are entitled to the same basic rights on the soil you assaulted them on. Good luck. You're going to have a hard time in court proving you were just "looking out for the country by preventing crime."
edit on 19-4-2019 by madcat2k4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I'm from New Mexico and I can tell you that the people here in New Mexico are very upset at what is going on at the border of our state. The county commissioner of Otero County and the people gave the Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham 1 week to send help or they are taking matter into there own hands. (The Governed pulled out the national guard from the check points in February ) she basically told them to go pound sand this morning. Its like she has this personal war going on with the people of Otero County. she wont help them at all. then stated to the commissioner to call homeland security instead. Today Otero County has declared an Emergency Alamogordo News

So the lawyers or Legal advisors I assume in Otero have pulled out some laws that are still are on the books here in New Mexico that they can use as Citizens to protect the border in Otero County. I was listing to this discussion about the situation on local radio show today. I found the law posted it below. That's one of many they were talking about using. New Mexico has lots of older laws that can be used. The Citizens of Otereo county sound like their getting ready to use whatever means necessary to repel. I'm not talking about the Militia I'm talking about everyday Citizens of this state. The people of southern New Mexico have had it with all this and everyone in this state know it . I know a few ranchers who sold just about all their ranch equipment this last weekend at auction because their ranches cant be worked anymore. cattle killed , crops , you name it. I bought some that equipment so its very dire here don't' believe the MSM we'll take any help we can get.

2013 New Mexico Statutes
Chapter 31 - Criminal Procedure
Article 4 - Extradition
Section 31-4-14 - Arrest without a warrant. (1937)

Universal Citation: NM Stat § 31-4-14 (2013)

31-4-14. Arrest without a warrant. (1937)
The arrest of a person may be lawfully made also by any peace officer or a private person without a warrant upon reasonable information that the accused stands charged in the courts of a state with a crime punishable by death or imprisonment for a term exceeding one year, but when so arrested the accused must be taken before a judge or magistrate with all practicable speed and complaint must be made against him under oath setting forth the ground for the arrest as in the preceding section [31-4-13 NMSA 1978]; and thereafter his answer shall be heard as if he had been arrested on a warrant.
History: Laws 1937, ch. 65, § 14; 1941 Comp., § 42-1914; 1953 Comp., § 41-19-14.

So there you have it ATS the old west lives again.
edit on 19-4-2019 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: F4guy

The problem with that is the migrants are not going to the border check points and calming whatever it is they want to claim Asylum, persecution whatever. The governor has removed all the check points that the NM National Guard were previously assign to by DHS. The migrants are storming the border literally now in New Mexico . Parts of the border security fence are only 4 feet tall in that county border area; some of it has no fence at all.

So Again their are No Check Points to claim anything in Otereo county anymore or Hidalgo county. The migrants know that there are No check points, that's why Otero county declared and Emergency today. Its being over run. I live in New Mexico I know that S*** has hit the fan in that part of the state.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SJE98
I'm from New Mexico and I can tell you that the people here in New Mexico are very upset at what is going on at the border of our state. The county commissioner of Otero County and the people gave the Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham 1 week to send help or they are taking matter into there own hands. (The Governed pulled out the national guard from the check points in February ) she basically told them to go pound sand this morning. Its like she has this personal war going on with the people of Otero County. she wont help them at all. then stated to the commissioner to call homeland security instead. Today Otero County has declared an Emergency Alamogordo News

So the lawyers or Legal advisors I assume in Otero have pulled out some laws that are still are on the books here in New Mexico that they can use as Citizens to protect the border in Otero County. I was listing to this discussion about the situation on local radio show today. I found the law posted it below. That's one of many they were talking about using. New Mexico has lots of older laws that can be used.

2013 New Mexico Statutes
Chapter 31 - Criminal Procedure
Article 4 - Extradition
Section 31-4-14 - Arrest without a warrant. (1937)

Universal Citation: NM Stat § 31-4-14 (2013)

31-4-14. Arrest without a warrant. (1937)
The arrest of a person may be lawfully made also by any peace officer or a private person without a warrant upon reasonable information that the accused stands charged in the courts of a state with a crime punishable by death or imprisonment for a term exceeding one year, but when so arrested the accused must be taken before a judge or magistrate with all practicable speed and complaint must be made against him under oath setting forth the ground for the arrest as in the preceding section [31-4-13 NMSA 1978]; and thereafter his answer shall be heard as if he had been arrested on a warrant.
History: Laws 1937, ch. 65, § 14; 1941 Comp., § 42-1914; 1953 Comp., § 41-19-14.

So there you have it ATS the old west lives again

Very good. You found the correct applicable law. And it makes it clear that in New Mexico, to make a citizen's arrest the person has to be already charged in a New Mexico state court with a felony. The immigrants have not yet been charged when these "patriot" vigilantes are kidnapping them. That is a first degree felony in New Mexico. NM got rid of the death penalty in 2009, so it's life without parole. That means they are not "patriots." They are clueless criminal pawns.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Go get em boys! We need more patriots like these folks who love their country and their fellow citizens by apprehending these disgusting invaders. Not babies who whine and sit on their hands complaining about how much they love illegals yet wont take any in. Keep up the good fight!

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: F4guy

We have a real crises here in New Mexico and the ACLU is not helping anyone for that matter. New Mexico has a few Militia at the border and so does Arizona and Texas. What about the ranchers being almost killed and their family's ending up in the hospitals being beat up by the migrants and drug runners. cattle killed for food by migrants. its putting them out of business. The ACLU does not stand up for them, I rather they just leave the state of NM like everyone here wants them to there not helping at all.

We need real help and the Governor has taken that away; she refuses to send the national guard . What are we suppose do? you tell me. I'm open to suggestions and so are the entire border counties across New Mexico. and all the border states.

The people here are blaming the Governor of NM . When she removed the national guard the migrants stated pouring in. The people need help so another militia came. We're not turning them away , but they need to cool it down a bit. The Governor needs to put the National Guard back in place, If not then it up to the Citizens of New Mexico what to do next

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   

You are not the only one who see's it.

The best that can be hoped for in these threads is understanding the other point of view..no minds will be changed.

The OP, in previous threads has stated some extreme stuff, so I think it reasonable to ask questions. The tone in this thread is a bit more reserved, I just hope people are not hurt.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

We will be fighting over the border for eternity - I think people in this country forgot what incarcerations and other punishments are for, a deterrent.

We need a stronger deterrent and we need to enforce it, if it takes guns and militias, it's high time. There is no need to have another century of insanity when we can fix it in a month of hard consequences.

The number of people being raped, robbed and murdered by illegals everyday in the country is not acceptable and it's sad that until some SJW gets found in a dumpster no one in there circle cares.

I know a fair number of people that work in law enforcement and border security and they want all of the help they can get - they don't want to end up as some memorial highway or cross on the road with a plaque.

No one is going to tolerate or want vigilante murders, that's not whats happening and in most cases can never happen - it might, but thousands of people are getting murdered by illegals every year who often crossed the southern border many times - I like the odds.

This is just LA's "most" wanted - there are many other higher crime areas

www.lapdonline.org...
edit on 19-4-2019 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Although I think they are trying to do the right thing, I do feel that maybe one or more of them could get into trouble if one of these illegals winds up getting hurt. They can still sue these people if they get hurt even though the illegals are breaking the law. If someone breaks into your home with a weapon and you shoot them, they can sue you if they are wounded, just because it is not illegal to shoot them does not mean they cannot sue you. Most times the homeowner does not lose, but they wind up with a big lawyer bill.

I find this to be highly unfair because this forces the person to actually shoot to kill to avoid that bill. Its a messed up law because even if you want to show mercy and let the individual live, lawsuits by the individual happens even if he was breaking the law in the first place.

There was this one case of a man who beat up an intruder with a bat and then called the cops. Some time went by and after the initial intruder healed, he filed a lawsuit against the home owner and the now the home owner has to pay all his medical expenses for life.

A cop actually told the home owner that he would have been better off killing the intruder. I hate this law, and it should change. You either kill the person or you're stuck with a bill for life. How many home/gun owners are aware of this?

As for the border patrol. Considering the dems want open borders, tells us they have no interest in the nations safety. So its up to We the people, to protect our borders. We have that right AND obligation under the U.S constitution to protect the United States from enemies foreign and domestic.

By default, when you choose to live here, you technically also take this oath. Those who don't take this oath or try to undermine the United States constitution, are actually the enemies of the Republic and should be tried for treason.

edit on th2019000000Saturdayth000000Sat, 20 Apr 2019 11:07:39 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoSat, 20 Apr 2019 11:07:39 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: SoulSurfer

originally posted by: rickymouse
Although I think they are trying to do the right thing, I do feel that maybe one or more of them could get into trouble if one of these illegals winds up getting hurt. They can still sue these people if they get hurt even though the illegals are breaking the law. If someone breaks into your home with a weapon and you shoot them, they can sue you if they are wounded, just because it is not illegal to shoot them does not mean they cannot sue you. Most times the homeowner does not lose, but they wind up with a big lawyer bill.

I find this to be highly unfair because this forces the person to actually shoot to kill to avoid that bill. Its a messed up law because even if you want to show mercy and let the individual live, lawsuits by the individual happens even if he was breaking the law in the first place.

There was this one case of a man who beat up an intruder with a bat and then called the cops. Some time went by and after the initial intruder healed, he filed a lawsuit against the home owner and the now the home owner has to pay all his medical expenses for life.

A cop actually told the home owner that he would have been better off killing the intruder. I hate this law, and it should change. You either kill the person or you're stuck with a bill for life. How many home/gun owners are aware of this?

As for the border patrol. Considering the dems want open borders, tells us they have no interest in the nations safety. So its up to We the people, to protect our borders. We have that right AND obligation under the U.S constitution to protect the United States from enemies foreign and domestic.

By default, when you choose to live here, you technically also technically take this oath. Those who don't take this oath or try to undermine it, are actually the enemies of the Republic and should be tried for treason.

I was told by a cop while registering my pistol years back to not try to wound someone breaking in, shoot to kill. And make sure to drag the person inside if they go back outside. It makes less paperwork for the cop if the guy is inside the house. The intruder can not shoot back if they are dead and they can't sue you.

I would never just shoot someone without saying something first, it could be a grandkid or neighbor who was hurt or injured trying to get help. But I would take the gun down if I heard someone downstairs. Just in case it is a burglar.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   
From the Santa FE New Mexican . Thing are really heating up down here folks. maybe it should a whole new thread .

Otero County Commission Chairman Couy Griffin said if the county’s demand is not met in one week’s time, it will provide its own security for the checkpoints. Griffin also threatened taking legal action against the state.

Santa Fe New Mexician News

So I was talking with some friends last night about this situation at our state border here in New Mexico . Guess I got my answer looks like New Mexico Citizens are going to man the Check Points if the the Governor does not provide help. Looks like she is set on not providing any help at all.

the National Guard “does not and would not operate federal checkpoints.”

The Governor just might as well say she is not sending the national guard at all. ( The NG are ones whom were manning the check points to begin, with then she pulled them out.

So looks like this is going to happen the next week folks. New Mexico is going to be the first state in the union operating it's check point by it's own Citizens. We have more people that are citizens of this state stepping up. amazing people here in this state.

edit on 20-4-2019 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
These men are patriots. Send them what ever supplies they need.

🤘💪🇺🇸!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join