It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Guardian says patriots have taken up positions on the border, arresting invaders

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I'm not suprised at TST's postion but olaur12, did ya know asylum seekers do not have the right to private property either?
Or does that law apply ONLY to citizens? The illegal immigrants are breaking the law by crossing the border, but that is OK cause laws only apply to "white" people correct?

TST doesn't help the folks he "stands up for" that would take effort, virtue signalling is enough effort.

it's amusing to hear the sad stories these folks spin, but yet these same folks would spit on Vets, and laugh at their homelessness.

"thats what you get for beaing a baby killer" amirite?

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Great post Ahabstar
What those people attacking these Citizens don't realize is provided you do it properly, follow the law and don't let emotion get the best of you it is perfectly legal. All they get in return is insults by horse's rear ends that want to laugh at them and the knowledge they did something objectively good for their country, their community and the law itself

What they are calling "self appointment" is actually a duty (formally declared such in certain states) to apprehend violators of the law and present them to a court (or law enforcement). It is no different than signing a criminal complaint

As you said, if you do so within the scope of the law and follow the exact procedure set forth by the law/common law then it will be a good arrest and OK. Researching case law in the jurisdiction you are going to make the arrest is also extremely important

A private citizen can arrest another when:

1) They commit any misdemeanor that constitutes a breach of the peace in the arresting individual's presence
2) They did factually commit any felony offense, whether or not it is in the arresting individual's presence

Private citizens are not require to advise the arrested subject of their rights (ie: Mirandize)
Private citizens may not excessively delay in turning over the arrested subject to a magistrate (or law enforcement officer)
Private citizens *may* use a reasonable level of force as necessary to complete the arrest
Private citizens *may* use deadly force to defend themselves, defend others or prevent the escape of a violent felon (in some jurisdictions)

Private citizens do not have a defense of "good intent" or a reasonable mistake. If you make a mistake, you are on the hook for it... this is how it should be for government officials also, but sadly they have passed laws exempting themselves from liability

Always talk to a lawyer. And those with the intent of making arrests should have lawyers on tap, preferably in the field with them. Wonder if any of their volunteers are attorneys at law?

Document, document, document. Cameras, voice recorders and many witnesses is a great way to immunize yourself from potential ramifications

Great post, glad not everyone is ignorant of the law!

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: TinySickTears

They never said they were officers

They said they were patrolling the border. It is a "border patrol" that is a factual description of what they are doing

It is not against the law to "intimidate" for the purpose of making a lawful arrest. You should probably do some research so you know what the heck you're talking about.

i read the link

i will believe former FBI officers.
Spokesman for the mayor and ACLU lawyers before i believe you.

i know i could be wrong

but i sure dont trust you

my point is i dont know and i don think you do either

ordering them to sit down, calling federal agents on them, and at one point potentially misrepresenting themselves by saying “border patrol” as they approached.

dont play stupid

you know they mean federal agents
edit on 19-4-2019 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

and confirming that self appointment does happen and is supported by actual law enforcement if done properly.

is it supported?
is it being done properly?

in reading the link it sure does not seem like it

kind of my point

and again your goings on in ohio have # all to do with this situation at the border and what these people are doing

link   

TST when did you stop beating your spouse, don't play stupid, we all "know" it's going on.

I think you protest to much so it must be true.

(see how easy that is)

link   
dbl
edit on 19-4-2019 by thedigirati because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuckThey tend to change the local culture. Overwhelm the schools, and have you been living under a rock? Some states are trying to give them the right to vote in local elections. It starts small and gradually increases. I remember when I didn't have to press 1 for english. And all the legal forms and notices have to be printed in numerous languages. Just extra expense because we are not allowed to have a national language. Those comming here should learn our culture and ways. not expect us to just accomadate them. I don't think there is a welcome mat laid out on the border.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

I'm not suprised at TST's postion but olaur12, did ya know asylum seekers do not have the right to private property either? Or does that law apply ONLY to citizens? The illegal immigrants are breaking the law by crossing the border, but that is OK cause laws only apply to "white" people correct?

TST doesn't help the folks he "stands up for" that would take effort, virtue signalling is enough effort. it's amusing to hear the sad stories these folks spin, but yet these same folks would spit on Vets, and laugh at their homelessness. "thats what you get for beaing a baby killer" amirite?

I don't know what you are talking about.

I served in the military, never killed any babies, and was never called a baby killer and very active helping other vets down on their luck with the VFW.

what exactly are you accusing me of?
edit on 19-4-2019 by olaru12 because: check it brenda

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

no i dont see hoe easy that is

i keep saying i could be wrong because i dont know for sure.
there is no way i can no because i simply do not trust any of you when you say it is not about race.

it very well may be about exactly what you all say it is.

the thing is you all lie a lot.

i am constantly told that i said this or that when i didnt.
in debates i start getting called out for things i never participated in.

you guys just circle jerk it.

if you wanted to be honest in the debate you would try to verify you claims before you make them and you clearly dont.

then i couple it with the general cowboy attitude i feel from a lot of you.
constantly puffing up say what kind of kick ass things you would do

show no mercy
wish they would come to my town

blah blah crap like that

all of these things mixed together makes me think that the great majority of you are nothing but wannabe tough guy cowboys that want # to pop off so you can have an excuse to use your guns under the guys of being a patriot.

that is my opinion as of right now. it could be wrong and if i decide i am i will change it.

as of now that is what i see from you lot though.

so take it however you want.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

TST doesn't help the folks he "stands up for" that would take effort, virtue signalling is enough effort. it's amusing to hear the sad stories these folks spin, but yet these same folks would spit on Vets, and laugh at their homelessness. "thats what you get for beaing a baby killer" amirite?

I served in the military, never killed any babies, and was never called a baby killer and very active helping other vets down on their luck with the VFW.

i think it is a dig at me

i dont trust what they say and do not support this millitia crap so i must like to spit on vets or some damn thing.

i dont think it was against you

i am an easy target

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Can anyone explain why they should come here? Why not russia or china or Japan.

I always hear about latin "Machismo" and how proud they are but yet they run to the USA because they are too scared to make a stand in their counties of origin, how shameful. They march with their country of origins flags because they are proud of their contry they are running away from, you cannot make this snip up.

I want ti be a millionaire so I guess I will go stay at Bernies place, he wount mind will he?

Maybe stay with Pelosi and see what she has in the fridge, it'sa ok I was seeking "asylum" from the white opressers in the USA

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I was in the Marines and WAS spit on and called a baby killer maybe it was before your time.

But thats OK you help homeless vets Awesome, why is helping the Homeless Vets in the USA less important than invaders??

Nope gotta help the folks from Honduras because they are a differnt and better color (you brought up color, no one else did)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

what year sir?

when were you spit on and called a baby killer?

thanks

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   

i dont believe for 1 second if there was a flood of finnish pasty white people for example the reaction would be the same.

Yep if there was a flood of finnish white people bringing crime, not assimilating, putting major pressure on our social safety nets no one would give a damn about letting millions in because they where white...

Leftist like you put tons of stock in the melon in peoples skin, most conservatives not so much. We don't care what color they are if they are harming our country they could be white as new fallen snow and we would still stand by the same principles.

Problem is all you guys see is through the lens of race n color so you automatically assume that's what everyone else sees through. Nothing more than projecting.

The race card is played because you know laws are being broken, and there is no legitimate argument to let millions of people flood ones country. So of course the race card has to be played because of a lack of a logical argument from your side.

Of course country's like Japan and China if they were in our position would not allow this and they dont so I guess they are racist as well. Correct?

edit on 19-4-2019 by KEROSS because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: olaru12

i think it is a dig at me

i dont trust what they say and do not support this millitia crap so i must like to spit on vets or some damn thing.

i dont think it was against you

i am an easy target

Anyone that doesn't echo "bonespurs" the Christ is going to be insulted. Personally I consider it a VICTORY when I trigger the intellectually challenged to think and look at the alternatives. No matter how hard they try...I can't be insulted by an ATS member or mod.

Also it's obvious that a LOT of conservative members are drunk when they post.
edit on 19-4-2019 by olaru12 because: brenda ??

edit on 19-4-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

there is no way i can no because i simply do not trust any of you when you say it is not about race.

the thing is you all lie a lot.

if you wanted to be honest in the debate you would try to verify you claims before you make them and you clearly dont.
then i couple it with the general cowboy attitude i feel from a lot of you.
constantly puffing up say what kind of kick ass things you would do
now that is what i see from you lot though.
so take it however you want.

wow you are a bigot. awesome I presume you are under 30 as well you have that naive shine

it is OK you have lead a shelterd life, how fortunate for you, does that make you feel guilty?

Be honest now, you hate that you have a good life. Safe and secure, with no effort on your part.

well I was one of the many that are willing to die so you can feel safe and secure. What are you willing to sacrafice your life for, what convictions do you have?

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

1977-1981 in San deigo (after boot camp) and in LA on the way to 29 palms ITS

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   

But thats OK you help homeless vets Awesome, why is helping the Homeless Vets in the USA less important than invaders?? Nope gotta help the folks from Honduras because they are a differnt and better color (you brought up color, no one else did)

You're drunk and making stuff up. Vets where I come from are respected for their service and homeless Vets have federal assistance if they want to availthemselves of it and many do. However many are suffering and we at the VFW have an outreach program to help them. We don't give a sh!t about the Hondurans over the Vets.

You my friend need a meeting....

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

LMAo I have no drank alcohol since 1983, I think you are a dry drunk young man and I think you are lying.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati

LMAo I have no drank alcohol since 1983, I think you are a dry drunk young man and I think you are lying.

I had to give you a star for this!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join