It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Guardian says patriots have taken up positions on the border, arresting invaders

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I really don't know why.

I hope many people let me know their personal opinions/beliefs instead of quoting the news or memes.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012

I really don't know why.

I hope many people let me know their personal opinions/beliefs instead of quoting the news or memes.

ok

i will give you my personal opinion

i am not saying this is truth.
i am saying this is what i believe

watch the comments i get btw

they dont want the brown people coming here man.
thats what i think it boils down to.

are there issues with illegal entry? yes
are our laws badly written and randomly enforced? yes

is it the national crisis the donald says it is? no

a lot of it is manufactured.

same with the constant push about islam.

it's an agenda.
they are fueling a divide

i dont believe for 1 second if there was a flood of finnish pasty white people for example the reaction would be the same.

again. just my opinion

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: superman2012

I don't think too many legal citizens are against people from other countries coming here to become a legal naturalized citizen. We are a nation of laws, we as citizens are expected to obey those laws regardless of the higher values that our country is claimed to represent. If you think that such lofty goals are beyond the established laws, then you sir are completely wrong.

Opinions are like anal openings, everyone has one, they just never smell too good, but of course, everyone likes their own brand (so I've heard). Given your opinion, I doubt that you are genuinely interested in understanding why legal citizens are against illegal immigration. Why not look into it more and report back here, then you might actually understand one way or the other.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
i dont believe for 1 second if there was a flood of finnish pasty white people for example the reaction would be the same.

If they were tall, blonde and female this patriot would go to the border.

edit on 19-4-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: network dude has no beer because Heels took it

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

I don't think too many legal citizens are against people from other countries coming here to become a legal naturalized citizen. We are a nation of laws, we as citizens are expected to obey those laws

respect the laws unless it does not fit your agenda

pretty sure it is against the law to intimidate and detain
pretty sure it is against the law to say your are an officer

could be wrong

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I'd be the first one to pull my muh piece out

edit on 19-4-2019 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

I don't think too many legal citizens are against people from other countries coming here to become a legal naturalized citizen. We are a nation of laws, we as citizens are expected to obey those laws regardless of the higher values that our country is claimed to represent. If you think that such lofty goals are beyond the established laws, then you sir are completely wrong.

Opinions are like anal openings, everyone has one, they just never smell too good, but of course, everyone likes their own brand (so I've heard). Given your opinion, I doubt that you are genuinely interested in understanding why legal citizens are against illegal immigration. Why not look into it more and report back here, then you might actually understand one way or the other.

I thank you for your opinion. I do have to ask though, when you say, " Given your opinion, I doubt that you are genuinely interested in understanding why legal citizens are against illegal immigration.", what do you mean by that as I have not given my opinion, only an interest in learning? I asked a question expecting answers or opinions rather than "research it yourself" answers.

As I stated before, I can research and find answers supporting either side. What I am looking for are actual opinions/beliefs from both sides so I can understand the thinking behind both sides.
edit on 19-4-2019 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Those patriots need to stay off private land and get a permit to camp on BLM land. It's not like that land isn't the property of ranchers. Get an invitation or get off!!

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Muninn
so please if you don't live in the state then please mind your own
I'm certain it is all of our business, no matter the home state.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Can't the border patrol interview these people then deputize them as volunteers or something?

That would be the safest, then they would be shielded by the same laws

Forming an LLC and organizing under that would also protect them from personal civil liability. Provided they stick to the law/don't answer questions about one another if something goes wrong, they should be fine from a criminal angle. This is where anonymity comes in

It would be optimal if the President or CBP did indeed request their presence or even officially deputize them. When you are called on to assist by a law enforcement officer you are generally protected under the same liability laws they are, provided you act within the scope of their request. This is akin to deputizing even without any sort of formal process or explicitly stating that intent. I am unsure how this works with federal government agencies

What we need is an army of lawyers heading down there to defend them from frivolous arguments against the arrests (which are indeed 100% legal, upheld under common law right to arrest in NM). They would be best off staying on federal property
edit on 4/19/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   

They never said they were officers

They said they were patrolling the border. It is a "border patrol" that is a factual description of what they are doing

It is not against the law to "intimidate" for the purpose of making a lawful arrest. You should probably do some research so you know what the heck you're talking about.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: fallen1
These little white supremacist groups hiding under the guise of patriotism will end badly. It will end badly for them, the far right and Trump.

Theres the ol "I dont agree with what they are doing so they are racist" bullsnip

Not gonna end well huh????

You feel froggy, Jump youngin, were all about tired of your sh!t anyway, including your own party whose moving to the center.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Those patriots need to stay off private land and get a permit to camp on BLM land. It's not like that land isn't the property of ranchers. Get an invitation or get off!!

Hey, stupid

Maybe they do have an invite, I know many ranchers that would be perfectly happy having them there, keeping the illegals and cartels from ruining their ranches.

You idiot leftists dont know jack about whats going on at the border, so stop with your moral highground Bullcrap

We dont care what you think

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I'd be the first one to pull my muh piece out

Dont worry, no one would be afraid of it, hell, if they could see it

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

i am saying this is what i believe watch the comments i get btw they dont want the brown people coming here man. thats what i think it boils down to.

Yep proves you're stupid too

Has nothing to do with race, even though you leftists like to make it about that

Its always about race with you guys

Screw the issues, screw the facts, lets make it about race

Well we dont care about your race card anymore, so crawl back in your hole

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
It is a damn sad day when we have to discuss how unpaid volunteers attempting to enforce our laws has to C.Y.A. and/or have folks run interference for them

Terrible

Yet they say nothing of the hordes crossing illegally.

The good guys always do take the most flak. We are the good guys. We are objectively right, our cause is factually Just and the law is on our side.
edit on 4/19/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

If only the illegals did the same there wouldn't be an issue.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

Hey, stupid

Maybe they do have an invite, I know many ranchers that would be perfectly happy having them there, keeping the illegals and cartels from ruining their ranches.

You idiot leftists dont know jack about whats going on at the border, so stop with your moral highground Bullcrap

We dont care what you think

Actually I am a New Mexico resident and totally aware of the border problems; the only people we want in NM are tourist spending money. Not wanna be camo dudes shooting at beer cans and scareing the cattle. Our border patrol is professional and competent to handle the problem.
Recently we had National Guard troops on the border and they packed up and went home out of sheer boredom. We still have some NG troops on the border in key positions.

www.militarytimes.com...

It's best to know what you are talking about before insulting members and making a fool out of yourself.
edit on 19-4-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I see you have selective reading skills, perhaps clouded by an urgency to construct a flippant reply, not sure.

Some key points: I was never trained for specific duties performed, my authority (such as it was) granted by an unrelated entity that simply declared it so, many things far outside my job were done by my own volition and as an unpaid volunteer, that help was accepted. And very on topic, I have apprehended an illegal who happened to be committing other additional misdemeanor crimes because you cannot simply visually identify such so far from the border as Ohio.

This post is neither a slag nor attack on you, trust me everyone would know if it was, but simply pointing out facts as was the first and confirming that self appointment does happen and is supported by actual law enforcement if done properly.

Those “militias” if they wished to be a problem could be shooting anything that gets past CBP patrols. And if so would be in the wrong. Falsely identifying as CBP officers would also be wrong. I don’t think either things are occurring.

Now did I identify myself as an officer? No. Would I let you think I was? Yes I did. Did my security badge look identical enough to OPD’s? Yes it did, same model badge but clearly said Security and had no badge number. I can’t help problems with reading comprehension. Could I apprehend or detain for an actual officer to arrest? Absolutely. Provided you committed a crime or was clear danger to themselves or others and that I witnessed and could articulate that as such. And that is within the scope of citizen arrest powers. Same as these guys on the border.

I am sure the conversation goes something along the lines of “I saw this guy cross the border at a non point of entry and detained him to present to you for further investigation or questioning, officer.”

(post by KEROSS removed for a manners violation)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join