It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Guardian says patriots have taken up positions on the border, arresting invaders

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
what the hell kind of lying title is that...

I love the pale faces who deny the Native genocide and say "we won the war" and that us Natives have to accept it and get over it, and yet are the first ones to whine and cry about "invaders"

get over it, you are probably going to lose

Since this seems to be directed to me?.....FYI I'm part choctaw, my great grandmother walked the Trail of Tears as a child and settled in Oklahoma. My Grandfather was a member of the Senate for Ok as well as an attorney who defended Native Americans for free when they had no money when they were in trouble. My pale face grandfather had as much heritage and common ground with the Native Americans as he had with the settlers at the time and was not bias to any race or creed. He also believed in carrying your own weight through hard work and the integrity of ones word. Very few of todays "invaders" have these qualities. So, please don't compare them to the Native Americans of yesterday, they are anything but two of the same.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

Awww. Poor babies. Do something about it.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I am pretty sure there is the right of a citizen to make a citizens arrest when they see someone breaking the law and they can use force to detain them while they contact and wait for law enforcement. Migrants, asylum seekers or not, they are violating the law and technically are criminals no matter what some open border people want to believe, or try to make you believe.

All they have to do is go to a port of entry to claim asylum. They are not doing that because asylum is not valid for them. Otherwise they wouldn't be trying to illegally sneak into the country. And since there are human traffickers, armed drug cartel operations, etc coming across the border, you better damn well be armed. It is our right anyway despite what the leftist's want.

I said this a long time ago that when these sanctuary cities and states started deciding what laws they were going to enforce and which they are not was going to open a can of worms. Now there are Sheriffs telling politicians that they won't enforce gun laws the left make. Pretty soon if your not enforcing laws, you reach a point of anarchy. Civilians are not subject to posse commitatus like our military are. That should be waived for the military to defend the border.

edit on 19/4/19 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 05:52 AM
link   
and they doing this for free, so let alone Mexico paying for it, your own government are not even contributing to these peoples commitment, they may be losing money as they have time away from work.

Go Trump, secure that border, freely.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 05:53 AM
link   
No this is a terrible idea. I do not want people to come illegally and stay here in our country. I don't want a vigilante to hurt someone because they want to take the law into their own hands. This won't be good. Trained officers need to do this, not a group of vigilantes. Good intentions doesn't make all actions justified.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 05:54 AM
link   
yeah great call

get Ricky Bobby down there with all his cousins to make them some citizens arrest

cause nothing can go wrong there

wow

these people like the OP are just adding fuel to the fire

they know this

i kind of think that is the point

I'm telling you

they want to be able to mess people up and get away with it

just hide it under the guise of patriotism

losers

edit on 19-4-2019 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Ever see the episode of the simpsons when homer starts a neighborhood watch?

a reply to: spirit_horse

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 05:58 AM
link   

but a spokesperson said in an email that CBP “does not endorse private groups or organizations taking enforcement matters into their own hands”, adding, “Interference by civilians in law enforcement matters could have public safety and legal consequences for all parties involved.”

Ricky Bobby and his cousins know better apparently.

plus these militia types are misrepresenting themselves as border patrol when they are not.

that alone poses problems.

Rachel Lederman, a California civil rights lawyer not involved in the case, said it was illegal for a private citizen to “interfere with somebody’s freedom of movement”, and that in a situation like this, prosecutors could potentially allege “false imprisonment” and “kidnapping”.

The militia members could also potentially face consequences for acting as “unregistered and unlicensed people pretending to be security”, said Michael German, a former FBI agent.

i hope all you cowboys at the border get arrested for misrepresenting yourselves as agents at least

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 06:34 AM
link   
With all this illegal immigrant hysteria going on atm, I figure it's just a matter of time before some "patriot" goes rogue and starts literally hunting illegal border crossers... like on that movie 'Desierto'.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

it's only a matter of time before something bad happens because of what the losers are doing.
hiding it under patriotism.

intimidating with deadly wepons
claiming to be border patrol
citizens arrest

pretty sure from reading the articles they are not within their rights to do these things.

carrying a gun legally is one thing.
intimidating people and forcing them to do things with that threat is different.

something is going to pop off and someone is going to get hurt and no matter who it is that will be a win for these chumps.
they will spin that and get their base ore riled up and the cycle continues.

it is what they want.

i hope every single one of these so called patriots gets arrested
maybe impersonating a federal officer.
toss a little kidnapping and intimidation in for good measure

as much as we dont need caravans of people coming across on a whim we don't need these losers playing soldier at the border doing what they think is right.

that is equally bad for the country

they just dont see it cause most of them are stupid

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

Your title is disenguous, can you show me where the Guardian uses the word '"Patriots"?

From your link..

The American Civil Liberties Union is calling the actions a ‘kidnapping’ and a flagrant violation of the law

So these are common criminals you are hero worshipping. It doesn't surprise me you're celebrating these law breakers, your posts here all have a very unhealthy "Brown Devil" slant to them, it's a very iumhealthy attitude to have. Such negativity and paranoia eat away at a person, so erm, good luck with that...

roflmao, taking the word of the ACLU that these people are criminals for preventing a foreign invasion is Clown World worthy!

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   
It is very likely that soon progressive liberals will be blaming the President for this citizen's movement to patrol the southern border. Regardless of how hard the President is trying to tighten up security down there, any problems that occur from this will be laid at his feet.

IMO the fight needs to go to the politicians who are encouraging the surge in illegal migrants. Put pressure on the politicians of sanctuary cities by taking legal action and placing harsh sanctions on them. These so called patriots should be trying to get these politicians out of office for encouraging illegals to come here. It's not as if the physical border is the only front in this battle over illegals. If a grassroots movement is forming, then it needs to do work on many levels, not just apprehending illegal border crossings. If enough people get involved and make their voices heard, ultimately they cannot be ignored and will out number the progressive liberals.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I'm curious as to why this is an issue.

Are they taking your jobs? Stealing your women? Committing more crime than is the norm for the area? Eating all the food? Taking over your houses?
They aren't able to vote so they can't affect any outcome. They can't take advantage of any government welfare programs (as far as I know).

Please let me know what the issue here is other than "they don't belong here". Thanks in advance!

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

veterinarian .50 cal air rifle is about the only paralytic-less-than-lethal delivery mechanism (substitute blow gun for short ranges

Anybody heard of other options?

ganjoa

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Sounds like fun and a great way to show patriotism. Who's with me...let's GO.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I was security for the hospital in Oxford, OH and I caught an illegal alien once. I was a security guard because the hospital said so. There was no specific security guard style training. In fact I was never specifically told I was hired. Did the job for about five years and was paid so there is basis for assumption.

Furthermore Oxford PD officers regularly would have me assist in various city policing duties including detainment, questioning, backup and support. I would regularly close a public street for helicopter landings during a renovation because the helipad was closed. Did a well enough job at that I was recruited to join the Ohio Highway Patrol as a state trooper that I ultimately declined.

No training, could use physical force at my discretion to restrain or protect others, had legal protections and my orders carried the force of law in certain situations. And the kicker was that I was unarmed security: no club, no pepper spray, no cuffs nor zip ties, no real training* and was regularly asked or just did various policing duties on and off the clock around town for OPD. Because I was both known and trusted to perform properly.

Heck I was even asked to help on foot to track down an armed suspect that eluded officers uptown after brandishing and verbally threatened to fire. So yes, private citizens can do and are called upon to do lots of stuff. Oxford is not lacking in police officers because you have OPD, Miami University Police and Oxford Township Police. All sworn in and armed LEO’s. But having support in crowd control, directing traffic, watching a guy in the back of a cruiser, etc was always appreciated.

* I did eventually receive training as a Haz-Mat First Responder and was certified as such including NBC situations. A four hour lecture with exams type of deal. That allowed me to breeze through my Haz-Mat endorsements on my CDL.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012
I'm curious as to why this is an issue.

Are they taking your jobs? Stealing your women? Committing more crime than is the norm for the area? Eating all the food? Taking over your houses?
They aren't able to vote so they can't affect any outcome. They can't take advantage of any government welfare programs (as far as I know).

Please let me know what the issue here is other than "they don't belong here". Thanks in advance!

They aren't taking my job, but if you're inclined to believe the racist talk, it would be a perfect fit for illegals, fortunately I needed to pass an FBI and state police finger print test, I doubt an illegal could or would try to do that. But if I wanted to work the local farm fields during harvest, I would have to be happy with under the table pay at less than minimum wage and knowing how to speak Spanish would be a plus.

They can have the women, but I doubt they really want that.

Illegal alien, that is a crime in itself so just being here is a criminal act. Using a legal citizen's identity and SS# is a crime. Basically any thing they do here is illegal and a crime.

Food? No problem there when they are the ones working the harvest. I like Mexican food, but I don't think the illegals are eating all of it.

There isn't enough room at may house for a family of illegals, although that could be argued if you compare my place to a Mexican bus.

Voting. Yes, they can vote in local matters. It has been that way since the founding of the country unfortunately. Not sure if they would bother with that though, I know I wouldn't if I were an illegal alien.

Apparently they do stress the system concerning welfare and health care, although I'm not sure about that personally. If they are living here they likely take advantage of any program that will allow it.

I'm not trying to be a big fat Richard, but you need to do some research and find the answers you are looking for rather than trying to bait conservatives into a stupid argument. I bet you have some answers you are just itching to release on me for being the first to respond to your questions. Go for it, the ball is in your court now.

edit on 19-4-2019 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

cool
nice long post that dont mean anything

these cowboys are taking it upon themselves to head to the border

nt really the same as being called to help huh?

you being unarmed is not really the same as these cowboys carrying their weapons now is it?

you being a security cause the hospital said so is not the same as them saying they are border patrol now is it?

hey man

cowboy up

head to the border
be a patriot
intimidate and detain people

i hope you do and i hope you get arrested as well

keep me posted

so before people twist me up like they always do

i do NOT want open borders. i DO want border security.

so read that carefully as to not get confused

then read this

i do NOT support these militia type cowboys going to the border to play border patrol. i hope whoever does gets arrested for it

this way we are clear

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Well that's where you're completely wrong. I was just trying to understand the mindset of a country that has a giant statue that symbolizes ideals such as liberty, peace, human rights, abolition of slavery, democracy and opportunity. I am genuinely interested to understand why people are against it. *shrug*

Edit: I can do all the research I want, but I'm looking for opinions/beliefs, not regurgitated news articles that lean one way or the other. You should know that there are enough articles that you should be able to find a basis for any argument (for or against) no matter what you believe.
edit on 19-4-2019 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Well that's where you're completely wrong. I was just trying to understand the mindset of a country that has a giant statue that symbolizes ideals such as liberty, peace, human rights, abolition of slavery, democracy and opportunity. I am genuinely interested to understand why people are against it. *shrug*

i think you know why

it is pretty obvious

at least to me

hopefully you get your answers

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join