It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Guardian says patriots have taken up positions on the border, arresting invaders

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   
As expected, Citizens from the United Constitutional Patriots group have taken up positions on the Southern border and have been detaining invaders and turning them over to CBP. In addition to static security checkpoints, they are conducting patrols on the border looking for those attempting to illegally cross. Excellent. Side note: Does anyone know where I can send donations to this group? Money, supplies, whatever they need!

www.theguardian.com...

Ignore their spin and the losers at ACLU, these men and women are PATRIOTS every last one of them. Thinking about taking a trip down South myself, but want to coordinate with their efforts. I know at least a half dozen good men that are willing to take time off work and patrol the border.

Keep doing your duties patriots. I have a feeling reinforcements by the thousands will be on their way once other patriots hear of their deeds. What great men and women, who would take time out of their own lives - for NO PAY - to defend our nation from the alien threat.

God speed patriots.

EDIT: As an aside to Guardian's lyin' article, the right to make an arrest as a private citizen is ingrained into our law and is 100% legal.
edit on 4/18/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Although I think they are trying to do the right thing, I do feel that maybe one or more of them could get into trouble if one of these illegals winds up getting hurt. They can still sue these people if they get hurt even though the illegals are breaking the law. If someone breaks into your home with a weapon and you shoot them, they can sue you if they are wounded, just because it is not illegal to shoot them does not mean they cannot sue you. Most times the homeowner does not lose, but they wind up with a big lawyer bill.

+25 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

For the people, by the people. If our elected officials don't get it done, our civilians will. God bless this country.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   

If a migrant runs from a right wing paramilitary encounter and starts to get away after a prolonged chase, can you shoot to wound? A less than lethal tranquilizer round would be useful but I don't think anyone's allowed to make those.

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Nobody is talking about shooting out of the blue, although given the felonious nature of some entries (more than one entry, conspiracy, human trafficking, smuggling, etc) it is a good idea to be armed. Can't deny the deterrent effect/chilling effect on illegal entry either

Largely the firearms are for personal defense. However, resisting arrest with violence (even by private citizen) changes the game.

Regardless, they are doing their duty and doing it proudly. I and many others have said all along, if the government we PAY good money won't do their jobs, then Citizens will start exercising their rights and put a stop to this. I strongly encourage anonymity, however, which can hamper any such legal recourse.

Of course in the case of an arrest, the arresting individual will likely be required to document their name depending on how CBP handles it - thus far they have been accepting the detainees so we will see.

^THIS is not coming here, largely thanks to groups like UCP who are doing this dangerous job dealing with criminal aliens for no pay and no gratitude. Mostly no gratitude. I don't think I can share fundraising information here, but I managed to get contact information for one of their coordinators and plan to send regular financial assistance and even supplies if I can get a mailing address

Would be great for volunteers living in that area to act as staging points both for manpower and supplies. Logistics are crucial

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

You assume these are trigger-happy people popshotting migrants? From my understanding, they are capturing migrants and turning them over to CBP.

If the situation comes up where someone fires in the volunteers, then they have every right to fire back.... Just as if a citizen fired on another citizen.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Those guys are not arresting anybody. They just drink beer and talk about "Nam".

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I'm down here at the border in AZ. and I see plenty of people sneaking in but most do get caught by the BP, we can handle are own so please if you don't live in the state then please mind your own and don't bring more trouble here.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   

You cannot shoot to wound, however in some limited circumstances deadly force could be justified if they attempt to resist using violence but it would be best simply to use a superior force/vehicles/LTL and chase them down

You *are* allowed to use reasonable force when arresting a law breaker. For misdemeanors, you need to witness the crime occur. For felonies, the only requirement is that it factually did occur

I think it is great what they are doing. I suspect they are tired after making the trek, and can't offer much resistance to a well armed and regulated force.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

Thanks for sharing your opinion

My opinion is these folks should continue exercising their right to bring lawbreakers to justice and present them to US authorities. At the very least, it gets them in the system and a second attempt/entry constitutes a felony offense

One more is too many.

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DukeMisterio

Yes, tell that to the detainees shown in the photo

That group alone would be running amok in this country, entirely unchecked, unaccountable and unknowable

Unwanted invasions are *not* welcome. I do not care who they are, where they are from or what their story is... if they aren't US citizens, lawful residents or genuinely fleeing GOVERNMENT PERSECUTION they have no business here and don't belong here

They need to go home where they belong

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn
I'm down here at the border in AZ. and I see plenty of people sneaking in but most do get caught by the BP, we can handle are own so please if you don't live in the state then please mind your own and don't bring more trouble here.

I'll make sure not to go there for vacation or include it in the route of a roadtrip, thanks for the heads up.

“These videos are very, very heartbreaking,” said Stephanie Corte, an immigrant rights campaign strategist with the ACLU in New Mexico, which has not yet been able to contact the migrants captured on the videos. “They treat these asylum seekers … as less than human beings. They’re taking away their dignity and terrifying them. They are gathering them all together like they’re animals and holding them there.”

That sounds like a trip though, New Mexico where we can do this. Me and my local crew of friends I go to the range with might go there for a week to camp and see if we can catch a loner or two and take them into custody for border patrol.
edit on 4/18/2019 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

You assume these are trigger-happy people popshotting migrants? From my understanding, they are capturing migrants and turning them over to CBP.

If the situation comes up where someone fires in the volunteers, then they have every right to fire back.... Just as if a citizen fired on another citizen.

Spot on

Weapons are for defense, absolutely

They are making valid, lawful arrests of crimes they witness occurring in their presence and immediately turning them over to LE/a magistrate

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Had the same thought roxor

Was thinking about going for 2-4 weeks and seeing how it goes

I have a small cadre of interested and able bodied patriots rearing to go

Just want to get into contact with a larger group and make sure it is coordinated/well supplied/supported/etc

Equally important is countering information warfare by dishonest hacks like ACLU and the guardian, who gloss over the fact these are lawful arrests

They count on most people not knowing our asylum laws or the fact that it is 100% legal for private citizens to make arrests

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:59 PM
link   

It's still a safe place to visit, my point is, we take care of things ouselves and I have no problem with spotters and patriots who live here helping out the BP, I'm just saying if every patriot groups came to AZ then it will become a dangerous place.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   

^Do we let this steamroll its way through our sovereign borders without so much as a challenge?

Their "caravan" status is actually a tactic admission of asylum fraud

Excluding the fact that asylum is only valid when fleeing GOVERNMENT persecution, and that it must be done through a lawful port of entry... there is *no* valid asylum requests coming from a group that bypasses any other country to come here

This alone is a felony (conspiracy to defraud the US, fraud, conspiracy to commit fraud) among other offenses (improper entry, conspiracy to commit improper entry, etc)

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

I'm in the midwest, and many migrants end up here. To be honest, we need the workforce. We need rehabilitation programs. We need housing programs. There's more work than housing, but landlords get angry at Mexican families for all staying in the same house. (Which I don't fully understand)

Agriculture is too lucritive in the immediate area to give up for housing development.

I'm no fan of illegal immigration, and I don't like the way things are going. Maybe we should start some program akin to the homestead act for areas that need extra work. Or maybe we can get our own unemployed citizens into working citizens.

Either way, just because you're in a border state doesn't mean the rest of us aren't feeling it.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I don't see just a "caravan," I see an invasion by thousands of unvetted people, intent on breaking our laws. But Democrats are OK with this, even though they're now bitchin' about Trump sending illegals to "sanctuary cities."

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

I'm in the midwest, and many migrants end up here.

Legal immigrants , by all means
Giving employment to an illegal alien is against the law.

There's more work than housing, but landlords get angry at Mexican families for all staying in the same house. (Which I don't fully understand)

Understand this
There are Federal , State , and local housing laws
The rental agreement states how many "heartbeats" can lawfully inhabit a single property in accordance with those laws
Now , you should fully understand.

edit on 4/18/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I have said it for years

If the gov wont, or cant do it, the people will.

Now they get to decide the aftermath of whatever happens.

They should have done their jobs, that we hired them to do, they havent, so we have to.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join