It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libraries are racist

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Double
edit on 23-4-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   

"Our library collections, because they are written mostly by straight white men, are a physical manifestation of white men ideas taking up all the space in our library stacks. Pause here and think about this."

WHITE MEN IDEAS which are mostly objective facts of nature

this lassie is a #in clown and a racist , as white men are humans and the same species as everyone else so to suggest that their books are "racist" is racist of itself as we are all one species , wrongly divided by the total volume of melanin in our skin as if this is a biological basis for race , which is a complete fallacy!

That lassie should be fired because she cant grasp a basic biological fact , she shouldn't be a librarian

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: DBCowboy

Often times I find myself trying to troll you but in this case I simply can't find a reason.
You are completely correct. Tis a sad thought to entertain but also a sad reality. This is something I have been completely against since I was in middle school 98-02. I remember the big fus about Mark Twain then being in public schools. We need our schools and libraries to have all written books available to those that want to read them. Taking those away will do no good IMHO.

If I may play Devil's Advocate for a moment. Would you like the Anarchists Cookbook to be in a public school library? How about books on say, Dahmer or Bundy? I truly don't know where I stand on things like I mentioned so wondering about your thoughts.

Except we're not talking about trying to get books in to the library in that sense. We're talking about books already in the library.

How many libraries worth anything have The Anarchist's Cookbook or something by Dahmer or Bundy in them to be weeded out?

In the case of Santa Cruz Uni, we're talking about weeding out STEM books because of the ethnicity of their authors, not necessarily their quality or their content. That's why the corresponding department faculty wrote an angry letter protesting the practice.

As I said, physics are phsyics, math is math, regardless of which author writes those principles down in a book. How often as a student did you eagerly rush to the spine or title page of your books to see who their authors were? And then, if that author did not perfectly reflect your diversity boxes, did you start to think that maybe you could not learn the concepts as presented in them because you can only learn from someone who perfectly reflects your intersectional spectrum?

It's rubbish!

If I am a white female, 2+2=4 even if I learn that from a book written by a white male or one written by an Arab scholar. So the idea that we have to suddenly purge books from a library based solely on who wrote them and not on their actual merits, is hogwash. I want to best books, not the most intersectional ones, and if the only reason a book is there is because it has the "right" name on its spine but otherwise it's poorly written, then maybe it shouldn't be there, one way or the other.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I library wouldn't necessarily even need the anarchists cook book as anyone with a brain would realise that all the books you require to cause trouble already exist in the library , chemistry , physics books !

I agree with you 100% ,an authors skin colour should be irrelevant

If a person refuses to read a book based on the fact that the authors skin colour doesn't agree with their own world view then that person is racist !

The fact that this woman wants all books written by white people out of the library is evidence that she herself is a racist.

What is worse is that these people appear to have some form of intelligence but still cant grasp simple facts
and for intelligent people to hold racist views is very disheartening , especially a librarian

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
go to her twitter

This account's Tweets are protected.

says it all really
you cant comment on her twitter unless you are in her gang !

she is an elitist racist , a person of this mind state shouldn't be working as an educator

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Does this idiot also plan to give up using English as it was created by "white men"
who also subsequently put it into books

like the books she used to learn all she knew, to then use that knowledge to suppress it !

someone please tell this idiot that white men are humans the same species as "POC"

as for POC as a term , all humans have colour white people arent excluded from POC
people of colour is exclusive to white people because white people arent classed as coloured
but they are , I have darker skin than some light skinned black people , this whole POC isnt politically correct at all.

because we all have varying degrees of melanin

from Dark Skin to Light Skin

Light skinned as a description should be used to describe what we call a "white person" and Dark skinned should be used to describe what we call a black person

it shouldnt stop at the light end of dark then goto White as if white are some other species

notice that POC now mostly class white people as being a separate race , when in fact we are all the same species .

Anyway does this idiot not know that libraries and writing were brought to us by a God from a culture who were dark skinned ?

edit on 23-4-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: thov420
Didn't some famous guy a few decades ago say something like "judge based on the content of their character, instead of the color of their skin"? What ever happened to that great ideal? One he himself was assassinated over. Shouldn't written works be judged by their content and message versus the color of the skin of the person who wrote them?

My god, some people have their heads so far up their asses, I'm surprised they can still breathe.

I couldn't have said it better.

So, let us not be blind to our differences--but let us also direct attention to our common interests and to the means by which those differences can be resolved. And if we cannot end now our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity. For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal. - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

*shrugs*

It just proves you can't have a rational discussion with racists.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
hahah yeh never thought about it like that! brilliant

even if you ask a racist why they are racist they will likely not know the answer or be able to provide a logical explanation of their own , they will likely just parrot what another racist has told them or indoctrinated them to believe !

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The entire progressive ideology is based on haves and have nots. Race is a perfect way to uses anger and division for political and social gain.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Many a political movement started by burning the books at the libraries. Because they presented the wrong ideas, ideas that were considered "dangerous" or "subversive". Even because what was written in the books was considered "oppressive" by the tyrannical powers that happened to be. Or maybe they were written by people of the wrong race.

And as history shows, they never stop there.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

IDEAS Can NEVER Be Burned , they are Eternal , and come Directly from the Supreme Intelligence that Created ALL Thinking Things .

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join