It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libraries are racist

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Hmmmm, I'm wondering how many books in the USA would be exist in our libraries if we removed ALL books written by white men or white persons. I'd venture a guess it would damn slim pickens.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Wait, wheres the racist?
I see a tweet that simply contains an objective fact?

Whats the issue again?

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied
Wait, wheres the racist?

Whats the issue again?

The *issue* is when the follow through to the fact is the following:

Library collections continue to promote and proliferate whiteness with their very existence and the fact that they are physically taking up space in our libraries. They are paid for using money that was usually ill-gotten and at the cost of black and brown lives. In the case of my current place of employment, the university definitely makes money off of the prison industrial complex and the spoils of war.

And as for the book burning? It's already taking place. They're removing books from the shelves based solely on the colors of the authors now in some universities.

Librarians call it weeding and have already removed millions of books from campus collections. "At the University of California, Santa Cruz ... the removal of 80,000 books from the Science and Engineering Library last summer sparked uproar among faculty ... more than 60 science and math faculty members signed a letter to university librarian M. Elizabeth Cowell complaining they hadn’t been adequately consulted on which books could be discarded and which ones had to be saved." It's not fringe behavior, but a program abroad in the noonday sun. Dreher points out that a senior librarian at MIT openly regards "white" books as a waste of space and a legacy of oppression.

Wonder how many books have been "weeded" out of your library because the author was the wrong ethnicity or slept with the wrong person?
edit on 19-4-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kocag
a reply to: DBCowboy

Is this where we're supposed to start burning the books?

Yes, burn the books and reveal the true hidden blackness of the char contained within.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied
Wait, wheres the racist?

Whats the issue again?

The *issue* is when the follow through to the fact is the following:

Library collections continue to promote and proliferate whiteness with their very existence and the fact that they are physically taking up space in our libraries. They are paid for using money that was usually ill-gotten and at the cost of black and brown lives. In the case of my current place of employment, the university definitely makes money off of the prison industrial complex and the spoils of war.

And as for the book burning? It's already taking place. They're removing books from the shelves based solely on the colors of the authors now in some universities.

Librarians call it weeding and have already removed millions of books from campus collections. "At the University of California, Santa Cruz ... the removal of 80,000 books from the Science and Engineering Library last summer sparked uproar among faculty ... more than 60 science and math faculty members signed a letter to university librarian M. Elizabeth Cowell complaining they hadn’t been adequately consulted on which books could be discarded and which ones had to be saved." It's not fringe behavior, but a program abroad in the noonday sun. Dreher points out that a senior librarian at MIT openly regards "white" books as a waste of space and a legacy of oppression.

Wonder how many books have been "weeded" out of your library because the author was the wrong ethnicity or slept with the wrong person?

I see what you did there, you said a school removed some books, neglected to mention the reason, then included some random information about a single random librarian in an attempt to trick stupid people into believing the books are being removed because the authors are white.

Why would you do that?

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

Do what? Try to avoid over-quoting because I assumed (silly of me I know) that people wouldn't be too lazy to check out the link for themselves?

An ongoing and relentless purge of politically incorrect academic thought at institutions of higher learning has been proceeding apace. Librarians call it weeding and have already removed millions of books from campus collections. "At the University of California, Santa Cruz ... the removal of 80,000 books from the Science and Engineering Library last summer sparked uproar among faculty ... more than 60 science and math faculty members signed a letter to university librarian M. Elizabeth Cowell complaining they hadn’t been adequately consulted on which books could be discarded and which ones had to be saved." It's not fringe behavior, but a program abroad in the noonday sun. Dreher points out that a senior librarian at MIT openly regards "white" books as a waste of space and a legacy of oppression. Her article in the Association of Research Libraries argues the challenge now is to "build diverse and inclusive library environments that contribute to social justice."

Excuse me for trimming a sentence that preceded the material I quoted. I bolded it for you so that your lazy eyes don't have to work as hard.

sleung.wordpress.com...

www.arl.org...

And this is all based in Critical Race Theory that somehow claims that these books are objects of white power because white people wrote them, so imagine if you will that if physicist writes a physics book, if he happens to be white, then the physics in that books are myustically only for white people and will oppress people of color because a white man wrote them. However, let someone like Neil DeGrasse Tyson write that exact same physics book ... and it magically will become diverse and inclusive and acceptable physics for people of color to learn because a person of color wrote it and thus will not be physics from a system of oppression.

This is how insanely stupid CRT is.

edit on 19-4-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I honestly never thought that in my life that I would ever see this in the United States. This is actually unbelievable. This is scary. The mindset alone means all the things our constitution and freedom in this nation are going away. We are literally on the way to another civil war.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry about it. I am quite sure that many people that happen to come across this story by chance are asking themselves...."Whats a library?" Isn't that the place were you go to get access to free internet?

But ya, I read some of the quotes that lady said. I was not impressed by them, so I stopped reading.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   

The Only Crime White People are Guilty of is being Smarter than Everybody Else . Case in Point Libraries Full of White Authors ........Hmm....
edit on 19-4-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

The Only Crime White People are Guilty of is being Smarter than Everybody Else . Case in Point Libraries Full of White Authors ........Hmm....

Then you come in and prove that not all people are as smart those authors...LOL

Your statement would be true if you stated:

"The Only Crime CERTAIN White People are Guilty of, is being Smarter than SOME.

Not about person I replied to but why do some morons say my ancestors are awesome and then think, they should be in that same category as their ancestors..you know my ancestors did this so WE are great. Yet turn around and disavow the horrible acts their ancestors done upon others or when same people of same race do something horrendous...claiming I AM are not like them.
edit on 19-4-2019 by fallen1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: fallen1

Knowledge is Power . History Proves that .

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Often times I find myself trying to troll you but in this case I simply can't find a reason.
You are completely correct. Tis a sad thought to entertain but also a sad reality. This is something I have been completely against since I was in middle school 98-02. I remember the big fus about Mark Twain then being in public schools. We need our schools and libraries to have all written books available to those that want to read them. Taking those away will do no good IMHO.

If I may play Devil's Advocate for a moment. Would you like the Anarchists Cookbook to be in a public school library? How about books on say, Dahmer or Bundy? I truly don't know where I stand on things like I mentioned so wondering about your thoughts.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Oh man, how do I get a LysergicExposed stalker?

u2u me your applications.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Why are they racists? Too stupid to understand the catalog system?

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Hey, what do you have against Dewey, and his posse of decimals??

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

The Tweeter feed of the prestigious Library Journal, a "global community of more than 200,000 librarians and educators," proudly directs its readers to the mental exertions of one of it's own, Ms. Sofia Leung and her screed entitled "Whiteness As Collections"
"Our library collections, because they are written mostly by straight white men, are a physical manifestation of white men ideas taking up all the space in our library stacks. Pause here and think about this."

I paused, while eating a beef chimichanga (basking in my cultural appropriation), and thunk about it.

Shes right, yes the books were written by 100% white men and are therefore 100% RACIST, but that's not even the Big Story here.

The Big Story is that the books are also 100% SEXIST, and since 90% of white males are RAPISTS the library collection is 90% RAPIST.

edit on 20-4-2019 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Nope, anybody who says this hasn't been to a library in a long while.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Liberals are a mental illness

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   
She was born in China, moved to Canada.
Wonder why?
How nice of that white majority country to take her in.
I wonder what those libraries in China are like, diversity wise.
edit on 20-4-2019 by Oaktree because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   
This is ridiculous

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join