It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libraries are racist

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Who knew that Dewey Decimal was racist...

You are thinking of Dewey Dwight Devlin-Decimal of the Dothan, Alabama Devlin-Decimal clan.

He had nine siblings. All ten of them were racist.

EDIT TO ADD: I forgot to mention that one of the ten siblings died during the Civil War. They were decimated.

edit on 18-4-2019 by madmac5150 because: Wouldn't you?

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tartuffe
a reply to: DBCowboy

Well said.

Wtf is “whiteness”?

Doesn't matter what it is, because it's misspelled and being classified as a swear word😎

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

originally posted by: Fools
a reply to: Fools

I have started to dvr all commericals with mixed couple lesbians. I am hoping to catch on faster by studying these so he doesn't beat me up again. I mean I know I deserve it and so on, but being white I guess I am not used to the pain they have felt to compensate for my stupid white people genetics.

Would you have a list of those commercials?

Asking for a friend...

well I would imagine it would be seen in any 2 hour watching of television or internet commercials. At least that is what I have seen. I just feel really bad that I didn't understand until now how its so important to sexualize everything. I plan on going back to college to study it in detail and hopefully get a degree in something like, "your wife wants you to pay for her boyfriend and that's so woke" degree.

Should I move to Seattle or Portland?

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

a reply to: Fools

I have started to dvr all commericals with mixed couple lesbians. I am hoping to catch on faster by studying these so he doesn't beat me up again. I mean I know I deserve it and so on, but being white I guess I am not used to the pain they have felt to compensate for my stupid white people genetics.

Would you have a list of those commercials?

Asking for a friend...

well I would imagine it would be seen in any 2 hour watching of television or internet commercials. At least that is what I have seen. I just feel really bad that I didn't understand until now how its so important to sexualize everything. I plan on going back to college to study it in detail and hopefully get a degree in something like, "your wife wants you to pay for her boyfriend and that's so woke" degree.

Should I move to Seattle or Portland?

Seattle.

The roads are in better shape.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The Tweeter feed of the prestigious Library Journal, a "global community of more than 200,000 librarians and educators," proudly directs its readers to the mental exertions of one of it's own, Ms. Sofia Leung and her screed entitled "Whiteness As Collections"
"Our library collections, because they are written mostly by straight white men, are a physical manifestation of white men ideas taking up all the space in our library stacks. Pause here and think about this."
Ms Leung, an academic librarian, is unhappy that public libraries in the US, a white-majority culture with a white-majority history, tend to have among other things lots of books by authors with pale skin, white dudes thinking great thoughts, or as we used to call it, Western Civilization. This, we’re told, is an “interesting mini-eureka moment” that our Queen of Intersectional Rumination feels compelled to share.

www.diogenesmiddlefinger.com...

Libraries are stations of free expression and free speech. They are homes of idea and dreams. They are unfettered by identity politics and bias.

They exist as stand-alone beacons of dreams, nightmares, wishes and hopes.

And they are being impugned because books allow too much. They allow too much thought, they allow too much freedom of expression, they allow people to dream.

Pay attention to Trump and Mueller if you wish, but the freedom-hating left is hard at work to stifle and suppress free thought, free expression, free speech.

It depends on what subject matter you choose.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

Plus like they have like Nirvana and Pearl Jam and AMazon and all that. Its the shining city of homeless filth on the hill of human drug abuse and feces.

SO cool.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Didn't some famous guy a few decades ago say something like "judge based on the content of their character, instead of the color of their skin"? What ever happened to that great ideal? One he himself was assassinated over. Shouldn't written works be judged by their content and message versus the color of the skin of the person who wrote them?

My god, some people have their heads so far up their asses, I'm surprised they can still breathe.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 11:39 PM
link   

a reply to: madmac5150

Plus like they have like Nirvana and Pearl Jam and AMazon and all that. Its the shining city of homeless filth on the hill of human drug abuse and feces.

SO cool.

I never said that Seattle is a utopia. Seattle and Portland both have the same problems; problems endemic to liberal strongholds. Poverty. Homelessness. Gross wage disparity. Excessive taxes. Rampant drug addiction.

I simply stated, that Seattle's roads are better maintained. It's the only real tie-breaker.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 01:09 AM
link   
How long until English language is deemed raycyst?

Explain to me how I am not in ClownWorld.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Well, hell, Maude. If libraries are examples of white folk putting pen to paper in excess, then it can be argued that all other races are definite literary underachievers. Right? Scientology ick aside, L. Ron Hubbard wrote 1,000+ books, and I believe a Spaniard author penned over 3,000. Buck up, ya slackers.

It's been a LONG time since I read the claim (probably about 20 years) but I recalled reading a claim at one point that the Persians, Greeks, and Chinese were damn near tied in terms of number of works written throughout their histories.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 01:36 AM
link   
If white people are so abhorrent, why are black people dyeing to look like them?
Skin lightening cream for African Americans.

Snow White would be appalled.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Unbelievable.

Another reason to not support your local library. I couldn't help but notice, when visiting our local library, that it has become a leftist indoctrination center.

What an f'ing joke this country has become.

(post by BeezerExposed removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Eventually, books will be burned,truth will be suppressed and history
will be re-written.What was once on top will be turned upside down.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I think it's time to remove some more statues. We can't loose focus. Statues first, then books. Stay the course.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

A perfect example of the stupidities of the day.

This new brand of "fight racism with racism" really disgusts me. But now my new habit of a weekly trip to the library is tainted

I might ask one of the librarians what he/she thinks of that sentiment next time I go.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
As a retired librarian (white, male) who has spent 40 years working in libraries, mostly in upper management positions, I can tell you libraries are a bastion of leftist thought. It would be a career-killing move to utter anything remotely conservative in nature. Your compliance with leftist politics is assumed. I could go on (and on and on) but the whole issue saddens me so much I just can't.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

It's frustrating to see.

Libraries should be bastions of free expression and freedom!

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

So we have -

Schools

College campuses

Late night T.V. shows

Mainstream "news" media

Hollywood

Social media

And libraries all used as leftist indoctrination tools for our youth.

What could possibly be next? How is any reasonable person OK with this? And how could ANYONE on the left actually say people on the right are brainwashed? Blows my mind.
edit on 19-4-2019 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

And how could ANYONE on the left actually say people on the right are brainwashed?

It's in the playbook.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join