It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libraries are racist

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   

The Tweeter feed of the prestigious Library Journal, a "global community of more than 200,000 librarians and educators," proudly directs its readers to the mental exertions of one of it's own, Ms. Sofia Leung and her screed entitled "Whiteness As Collections"
"Our library collections, because they are written mostly by straight white men, are a physical manifestation of white men ideas taking up all the space in our library stacks. Pause here and think about this."
Ms Leung, an academic librarian, is unhappy that public libraries in the US, a white-majority culture with a white-majority history, tend to have among other things lots of books by authors with pale skin, white dudes thinking great thoughts, or as we used to call it, Western Civilization. This, we’re told, is an “interesting mini-eureka moment” that our Queen of Intersectional Rumination feels compelled to share.

www.diogenesmiddlefinger.com...

Libraries are stations of free expression and free speech. They are homes of idea and dreams. They are unfettered by identity politics and bias.

They exist as stand-alone beacons of dreams, nightmares, wishes and hopes.

And they are being impugned because books allow too much. They allow too much thought, they allow too much freedom of expression, they allow people to dream.

Pay attention to Trump and Mueller if you wish, but the freedom-hating left is hard at work to stifle and suppress free thought, free expression, free speech.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
Yes that is very racist, and it is also stupidity, which breeds ignorance into the minds of it's followers.

Let the book burnings begin.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Library collections continue to promote and proliferate whiteness with their very existence and the fact that they are physically taking up space in our libraries. They are paid for using money that was usually ill-gotten and at the cost of black and brown lives via the prison industrial complex, the spoils of war, etc..

oh jesus christ

this has to be a troll right?

i mean come on

books

+13 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Even the pages are white oh gawd!

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Often times I find myself trying to troll you but in this case I simply can't find a reason.
You are completely correct. Tis a sad thought to entertain but also a sad reality. This is something I have been completely against since I was in middle school 98-02. I remember the big fus about Mark Twain then being in public schools. We need our schools and libraries to have all written books available to those that want to read them. Taking those away will do no good IMHO.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Even the pages are white oh gawd!

Soon, the white pages in the phone book will be racist as well.

These should also be removed from our lexicon:

White bread

Elmer's White Glue

The White House

Whitesnake

The Isle of Wight

White rice

White wine

White Sands, NM

Whiteboards

White lightning

White paint

White Castle

White Sulfur Springs, WV

White Mountains (AZ)

Laundry blueing (makes whites whiter)

White chocolate

Whitewash

Whitening toothpaste/ dental products

White-Out

I could go on...

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Man, these people are correct. I will be a black man eventually. I will start tanning and having gay sex with maybe a muslim as soon as possible to atone for my ancestors sins.

I mean I get it now. All knowledge that is derived from white people is actually racist. Time to shed all things white. REVOLUTION!!!!

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

White Teeth !!!!!

Dental Collusion !!

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Libraries be too white and nerdy

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Next they'll demand color coded library cards ☺️

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I just now asked my wifes woke aboriginal boyfriend if it was ok that I start turning black and he slapped me and made me have sex with him.

I think I am beginning to understand. Being white man is really bad.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Is this where we're supposed to start burning the books?

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

I have started to dvr all commericals with mixed couple lesbians. I am hoping to catch on faster by studying these so he doesn't beat me up again. I mean I know I deserve it and so on, but being white I guess I am not used to the pain they have felt to compensate for my stupid white people genetics.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
a reply to: Fools

I have started to dvr all commericals with mixed couple lesbians. I am hoping to catch on faster by studying these so he doesn't beat me up again. I mean I know I deserve it and so on, but being white I guess I am not used to the pain they have felt to compensate for my stupid white people genetics.

Would you have a list of those commercials?

Asking for a friend...

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Well said.

Wtf is “whiteness”?

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Thank gosh somebody finally said it! Those disgusting bastions of racism and fascism!

Might as well start burning them books. I mean its not like anyone we know has EVER done that in the past now have they?
edit on 18-4-2019 by BoscoMoney because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tartuffe

Well said.

Wtf is “whiteness”?

Putting mayo on french fries.

Square dancing

The Hallmark Channel

"Can I speak to your manager?"

edit on 18-4-2019 by madmac5150 because: Added additional whiteness symptoms

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Inability to make potato salad properly?

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

originally posted by: Tartuffe

Well said.

Wtf is “whiteness”?

Putting mayo on french fries.

edit on 18-4-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Who knew that Dewey Decimal was racist...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join