It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Northern Ireland TERROR: Londonderry riots leave woman dead after bombs and shots fired

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I've read the younger generation in Ulster glamorized the PIRA and their New IRAs numbers are growing

In fact with the uranus Taurus transit I'm keeping a close eye on this issue as I know it's just the beginning

This transit is all about transformation and revelation(lution)

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

When are you planning on a visit?

Because it's certainly an experience in or around the 12th of July.

A lot of that is to do with the influx of people all the same from all over the UK and the rest of the world as well as the marching season.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Not sure yet.

My family owns a bar around Dublin so I want to go meet them

But i wanna make it in the next couple of years at the latest

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Dublin's the business any time of year.

Especially the pubs.

If you can comprehend the lingo, you will hear some crackers and then some.

Salt of the Earth Irish people with a rich and vibrant culture and history ta boot.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   

So I've read

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   

The problem lies with the fact that all this Brexit dilemma and hard border bull crap somewhat justifies and glamorizes the struggles of days gone by, at least to some.

The more educated variety of young person can appreciate the fact that blowing the arms and legs off soldiers and other noncombatants that inevitably get in the way with homemade explosive concoctions is simply for the birds.

The price of revolution is inevitably bloody and pain in spades.

They have been there done that and got the badges ta prove it.

No point in forcing there hand nor enabling them to do the same with the next generation.

edit on 21-4-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Ah...Easter in Ireland.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I agree. I support non violent solutions.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

The ethnic people from Ulster are vehemently opposed to a 'united' Ireland, so why even talk about it?

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: biggilo

People like you are why people resort to violence

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Don't go visit Ireland using any sort of terminology such as "People like you" as i dought you would be well-received mate.

Because truth be told that's exactly how some of them still feel.

Some of them are indeed vehemently opposed, as is there right, biggilos not wrong there.

Just like on the flip side of the equation people of Catholic descent wish to see a united Ireland.

Either way, they take the situation rather seriously.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Eliminating dialogue wont lead to anything else

Might be a tough pill to swallow but its a fact

We can pretend well just not talk about it and in 5 generations it will go away but sure as hell doesn't look like its happening to me and the likelihood of the problem just going away is minimal.

edit on 22-4-2019 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Sometimes dialogue has to be done in baby steps.

You have to understand the reasoning and mentality behind these people's view and opinions.

A lot of Irish people on both sides grew up during the time of the troubles witnessing horrendous acts of depravity and atrocity almost on a daily basis.

Trust is the key, never mind educating the future generations not to follow in their parents, grandparents, or even older brother or sisters footsteps.

But the hatred is still tangible, in some respects almost palpable, that's also a tough pill to swallow, yet nonetheless true.

edit on 22-4-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I agree with you. But then theres people like me who's family had to flee Ulster to escape starvation and oppression.

So when you start saying things like what's said above then what's the expected response?

You cant kill and oppress our families and then act like we cant talk about it.

Sure we can.

I understand why this topic is a kind of silent topic overseas. But we both know that it's just an issue that's been suppressed for peace to stop the fighting and all of the feelings remain boiling under the surface. I grew up hearing about it.

It eventually will come to the surface again its a matter of probability.

It's already happening. This guy better pray people want to talk it out. It's a better solution.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I'm Scottish mate, plenty of those very same people done exactly the same or very similar to rather a few of my own ancestors.

Transportation and immigration forced or otherwise was indeed a travesty down to the British empire, famine, and also a multitude of other contributing socioeconomic factors.

I refuse to hate people who lived 100s of years ago, nor even hold them to account, regarding the current predicament in which we find ourselves in this day of age, as its completely nonsensical.

You simply cannot tell people how to feel all the same as situation, circumstance, and experience dictate their opinion.

The solution i imagine is simply not to screw around with the already tenuous peace.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   
The Pluto influence of uranus in Taurus is going to make these issues more prominent.

Pluto is the planet of revolution and transformation. Pluto is also the planet of what's hidden and also reveals what's hidden.

We will be having more conversations like this more often over the next 7 years.

Theres going to be a lot of volatility across many parts of the west and globe

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   

You are making valid points but nobody is going to tell me I cant talk about it on an internet forum if I want.

That's just disrespectful.

But I agree with almost all of your points.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Don't misunderstand me, say what you feel, as is your right.

People over there are doing exactly the same through, which is something we all need to be respectful of no matter the side, as it is after all there Island and home.

Don't know about the astrology stuff all the same, to me astrology is up there with any other divination, to divine information about human affairs and terrestrial events by studying the movements and relative positions of celestial objects, well it's for the birds.

Plus Pluto is not even a planet any longer per-say.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Rofl say they say

But the Jupiter went retrograde and notre dame is built on a site that was a temple of Jupiter within 1-2 days of the retrograde

Make of it what ya will. The good news its overall a positive transit not as bad as the 1930-40s

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   

She does a great job of being a cosmic vacuum cleaner of sorts, Jupiter that is.

I'm aware of the religions that predate Christianity and their connection to the planet Jupiter.

Then again a few of them worship Jupiter as a God as opposed to the gas giant that she is.

She is the largest planet in our system with an angular size of up to 55". Rivalled only by Venus, making its disk quite apparent.

Is it any wonder the ancient peoples of our Earth, who placed stock in the likes of Astrology, would also place intrinsic value and create stories to surround what must have appeared to them each nigh as a wonder?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join