It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The EXONERATION QUANDARY Bob Mueller Has Placed President Donald Trump In.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: F4guy

It makes you wonder how our legal system is able to find someone "not guilty", when they're presumed innocent from the start.

The "presumption of innocence" is really just an inarticulate way of saying that the prosecution has the burden of going forward with evidence and that the prosecution runs the risk of non-persuasion, meaning that if the prosecution doesn't persuade the finder of fact that there is sufficient evidence (sufficient meaning beyond a reasonable doubt) of guilt they must find that the case wasn't proven. That is what "not guilty" means. A presumption can always be rebutted, so a finding of not guilty means that the presumption was not rebutted.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: F4guy

That makes perfect legal sense. Thank-you for explaining it so thoroughly!

When James Comey announced that Hillary's crimes weren't worth prosecuting, was that the same as Mueller saying Trump's obstruction wasn't worth prosecuting?

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
Here is what I take on this all:

The first is that we can not draw any sort of conclusion. 1/3 of the report is blacked out.

Did you read it? Did you actually look at what was redacted, and why?

Obviously not.

Also, you do know that both your boy Rosenstein, as well as reps from the Mueller team (if not Mueller himself) participated in and approved all of the redactions - don't you?

Mueller's entire job was to investigate. Not to pass judgement, but to investigate and put out the facts.

Half right. His job was to investigate... but not to just 'put out the facts', his job was to provide the results of his investigation to the AG, just as he did.

That is how the process works... by law.

When it comes to the President, this is far different, as it requires congress to pick up the report look at the evidence and then decide on the action.

Wrong. By law, it is the AG, the head of the Justice Dept, that decides on what action to take, if any.

The Justice department is not allowed to do that,

Not just wrong, but bigly wrong, as I said above.

and it will have to be the congress who decides this.

Congress is fully within its Constitutional power to do its own investigation, and to move forward with impeachment if they want to, but that is the extent of their authority.

So while many are upset, the report does not say one way or the other.

Wrong again - you must like being wrong and looking like a fool...

It was total exoneration with respect to Collusion.

The report said that when it came to obstruction, there wasn't sufficient evidence to say one way or another... which was actually wrong, but it was written by rabid TDS sufferers, so...

And as I stated, 1/3 of the report is blacked out so we do not know all of the evidence.

You know as much as you are supposed to know, by law.

And ultimately will require congress to fight this out and get the entire un redacted report to view and decide.

I know they will try, I doubt they will get the Grand Jury (GJ) testimony, and Barr has already said he will provide a copy with everything unredacted except the GJ material.

But personally I think that if this report showed the President as being innocent, it would have fully released with no blacked out or any redacted parts,

And you'd have been wrong yet again, because it isn't the job of a SC to 'exonerate (declare innocence), it is merely his job to respect that in our system of justice, one is innocent until proven guilty.

His job was merely to gather evidence, and if enough is found to indict, bring the evidence to a GJ.

and congress would have had it some 3 days after the AG had it.

Nope, it takes time to go through such a report.
edit on 22-4-2019 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3   >>

join