It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The EXONERATION QUANDARY Bob Mueller Has Placed President Donald Trump In.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   
April 18, 2019

Isn't Bob Mueller insinuating that every person is eligible to be criminally investigated for a particular crime, until he/she is legally "exonerated"?

WASHINGTON — Special counsel Robert Mueller wrote in his final report that his office would have exonerated President Donald Trump if the evidence had supported it, but based on the information they had, they could not do that.

Mueller ultimately declined to make a “prosecutorial judgment” about whether Trump had committed any obstruction offenses, choosing instead to submit his evidence and legal analysis on the issue to Attorney General Bill Barr.

Mueller repeatedly found “substantial evidence” that Trump had committed potentially obstructive acts and that often his intent was to stymie the investigation into himself and his campaign. Barr, after consulting with senior Justice Department officials, concluded that the evidence did not support finding that Trump had committed a crime, however.

Undercutting Trump’s claim that Mueller, in addition to Barr, had cleared him of wrongdoing on obstruction, Mueller wrote that if his office had confidence that Trump did not commit obstruction, “we would so state.” But based on the facts and the law, he wrote, “we were unable to reach that judgment.”
Source: www.buzzfeednews.com...

The laws on Obstructing Justice are clear. They've been refined for over a century. Either the President is innocent, or guilty. Bob Mueller intentionally left President Trump in some "gray area", where he's neither. That's not fair.

Maybe Bob Mueller really was hired as a hit-man. One who was unable to fulfill his mission, or "chickened out" before fulfilling it. If so, I wonder who he'll have to answer to?

-CareWeMust

edit on 4/18/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Yep, Mueller sh*t the bed on this one... he and his democrat donor team must have been so desperate to find something and so frustrated when they couldn't, he forgot that no one gives a rats ass about him exonorating people. He had zero power or remit to exonorate people - exonoration comes from a lack of charges. His job was to investigate and report to the AG.
edit on 18/4/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   
We don't prove innocence in this country.

They have it bass ackwards.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   
The "prove innocence" injected into The Report makes it pretty obvious Democrat Bias existed in the entire Mueller escapade 😎

Now The House can go ape crap crazy for the next 18 Months 😆

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

You are incorrect.

If you identify as Christian, Republican, or Conservative you are GUILTY until proven not only innocent, but until the MSM and DNC say you are exonerated by them.

True.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
If President Trump is not indicted, he’s innocent. Stand back, wear a raincoat and watch the liberals heads explode.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   

The whole thing was written with the intent of giving the democrats talking points to drag out for the next 2 years. It's a farce.
Investigations don't exonerate people, juries do. If you spend 2 years trying to fabricate a crime and still can't manufacture evidence for it, then there's nothing to be exonerated of.

And it definitely doesn't take 400 pages.
The whole thing could have been done in 1 or 2 pages.

And the "possible implications of maybe some obstruction" were even more ridiculous. It was just a recap of the absurd leftist pearl clutching talking points.
It actually used Trump's joke about "Hey Russia, maybe you can find Hillary's emails" as one of it's "points".

Man I really hope Barr is serious about the investigations into the DOJ/FBI spying because this madness has got to stop.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Mueller just did what little he could to give the Lefty mob some red meat to jump at. He was too cowardly to deal with the backlash he would get from the LEft if he didn't give them some tiny little scrap.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   

It is not the job of an investigator or prosecutor to determine guilt or innocence. A prosecutor only determines whether there is suficient evidence to bring criminal charges. It isn't even the job of a jury to determine innocence. They find a defendant either guily or not guilty. A not guilty finding doesn't necessarily equate to innocence. It just means there just wasn't enough evidence presented to satisfy the risk of non-persuasion, aka burden of proof. Just as it is possiblily can be found "not gue for the innocent to be convicted, the guilty can be found "not guilty." That doesn't mean they were exonerated; it just means they were not convicted. The whole issue of exoneration is a shibbolith that divides.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Threads like this annoy the hell out of me. Why? Because if the Mueller Report had been about Barack Obama then umpteen people on this sad excuse of a website would have screamed for Obama to be indicted, impeached, convicted and damn well executed by now.
Ah... but it's Trump who has been accused and not Obama! So... nothing. Not a damn thing, other than sad excuses.
The double standards on this website are stunning at times.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Its my opinion, that the little line Meuller left in there was a parting shot at the president because hes not a fan, but knows theres no way that Trump could be prosecuted on anything they found.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

When did we start proving innocence to a cop?
Thats upside down
F that

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   

trump was never not exonerated.

if they had anything on trump it would not have been dragged in this circus show.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
Threads like this annoy the hell out of me. Why? Because if the Mueller Report had been about Barack Obama then umpteen people on this sad excuse of a website would have screamed for Obama to be indicted, impeached, convicted and damn well executed by now.
Ah... but it's Trump who has been accused and not Obama! So... nothing. Not a damn thing, other than sad excuses.
The double standards on this website are stunning at times.

I missed the part where Bush had the DOJ, FBI, CIA, NSA, the media... spinning lies, Spying on Obama and attempting to infiltrate his campaign, hiding illegal investigations from him....

I missed the part where the media was getting riots worked up to protest Obama and harass and assault his cabinet members.

Take your false outrage and go pound sand

edit on 18-4-2019 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Yep, Mueller sh*t the bed on this one... he and his democrat donor team must have been so desperate to find something and so frustrated when they couldn't, he forgot that no one gives a rats ass about him exonorating people. He had zero power or remit to exonorate people - exonoration comes from a lack of charges. His job was to investigate and report to the AG.

It was speculated in late March that Mueller was preparing to proceed to investigate potential business/financial crimes by President Trump, but Bob Barr pulled the plug...told him to shut down.

That's when Maxine Waters and the Tax Committee started requesting Trump financial documents from banks and the IRS. They're trying to do, what Mueller planned to do. But Congress has no authority to prosecute. If they find crimes, they'll have to ask AG Barr to pursue the matter.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

That's what the Justice Kavanaugh hearings were all about. Convincing enough Senators that he was INNOCENT.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   
BLM should be all up in arms over this.

How many times have we seen a police officer shoot a black man in the back or while he was trying to surrender? Obviously we who stood up for the rights of the victims were in the wrong all along. It is now obvious that they were guilty simply because they had not yet proven their innocence beyond the shadow of a doubt.

The next time anyone is stopped by a cop for a traffic violation, just remember, you are already guilty of the offense unless you can prove your innocence beyond the shadow of a doubt.

This also means that Hillary should immediately be jailed; she has not proven her innocence to the charges that were levied against her, and thus she is guilty. We should be able to say the same thing about AOC, since she has been charged with some campaign finance violations... since she is guilty by default, why is she still not in prison? She has not proven her innocence yet!

The courts are going to be busy... and it looks like we'll need more prisons, too.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   
So now we're guilty until Bob Mueller finds us innocent? Unless you're a Democrat then you're innocent no matter what. That doesn't sound like a country I want to live in.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Yep, Mueller sh*t the bed on this one... he and his democrat donor team must have been so desperate to find something and so frustrated when they couldn't...

Well, I was at friend's house today and he had MSNBC (or maybe it was CNN- same diff) blaring, and the white haired fat-faced "news anchor" was foaming at the mouth and said that THE MUELLER REPORT contained within it a part that quoted Trump, when he knew about the special council appointed to investigate him, as saying "There goes my Presidency. I'm fuc*ed." That quote was also blaring in yellow letters against a red background at the bottom of the screen. He was making a foamy and spittle-mouthed case, FROM THE MUELLER REPORT, that Trump really did obstruct justice all over the place and that though Mueller didn't officially find in favor of obstruction, it's clear in the report that he is guilty. He got excited (and I do mean that in the naughty way; this foamy mouthed old dude def looked like he had a raging old-man boner under that anchor's desk) saying that he thinks now Congress has everything it needs to get him.

I haven't read the report. To those who have: was the "reporting" I was subjected to today, was it accurate? Does the Mueller report quote Trump as saying "I'm fuc*ed?"

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The "prove innocence" injected into The Report makes it pretty obvious Democrat Bias existed in the entire Mueller escapade 😎
Now The House can go ape crap crazy for the next 18 Months 😆

Long before that, it will be proven that the Mueller witch-hunt of Trump should never have occurred, and Mueller intentionally picked the most rancid Trump-haters he knew, to be his investigators and prosecutors.

All Americans indicted will be "made whole". Mueller, his goons, and many many others, will pay a steep price.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join