It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Notre Dame: An Omen - and why I think it's almost a prophetic event ...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Gogmagog

The altar was spared by "fate" or divine providence but not for the reasons you think.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Please don't let it get derailed.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   
If it was arson (not saying it was, just supposing) the authorities would never admit it. They don't want a full-blown civil war on their hands.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Western civilization may burn, but it if does, it just might be the best thing for the church.

But will it be the same church? And this idea of 2000 years is an oversimplification. There have been many changes and allowances to getting to where the modern church is now.

Best thing? You're starting to sound like the early christian martyrs - the Romans wised up to that and they stopped the killings.

Radicalization and growth due to self-sacrifice and hardening down will create a new invigorated church or any other movement given enough will power, money and sacrifice.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   
What a load of crap. I see nothing of significance here whatsoever.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

The altar was spared by "fate" or divine providence but not for the reasons you think.

Then, if you please, enlighten me.
edit on 18-4-2019 by Gogmagog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   
So it twas a wee accident that set a divine site meant to reach the heavens ( back then) and offer divine protection only to be set a blaze by a wee accident.

Also there a passage in Revealations that describe a "Whore' or "Harlot" depending on the translation I guess is set a blaze and the ones who did will mourn over her as her smoke reaches the heavens. And this was after the Dragon or beast turns on her.

Although I think the so called assumed prophecies are actual historic events about Rome and the very early church.

But hey, I'm not trying to rain or poop on any body parade like the Rainman. Even though it sound like it could use one.
edit on 18-4-2019 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-4-2019 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   

like equality of women, the inherent value to human life, are not historically prevalent in human history, but spring from the core values of the Christian faith.

Again you're simplifying - there was no place for giving power to women in the church. St Pauls misogamy is fairly obvious.

Lets not whitewash history -
www.christiantoday.com...

The Church was seen as part of the establishment elite that suffocated rather than encouraged equal engagement and participation. Indeed Church teaching on women was seen as fuelling inequality throughout society. Women were barred from ministry and the Church of England refused to remove the bride's vow to "obey" her husband from the marriage service. Furthermore its Bishops in the House of Lords did not oppose the controversial 'Cat and Mouse Act' which facilitated the harsh treatment of suffragettes in prison. As long as there was theological justification for political inequality, the suffrage movement could not hope to change the status quo.

the inherent value to human life, are not historically prevalent in human history

bullsn"p, outside a few self defeating human sacrifice cultures ( Mayans) human life is considered "sacred" in most, but not for the reasons you think.

Its cool to put value on life because thats how the economy works. A tax wage slave from when you're born to when you die. Your taxes mostly go to pay artificial debt.

The "machine" wants you to think you are free, have pittance left over every week to keep you from rebelling.

You also conveniently overlook at how religion with the state kept us as peons for our feudal overlords.

Now with money running out see how euthanasia is slowly creeping in - why should the State look after the elderly, your usefulness as a tax slave is over.

Christianity flourished mostly of the back of women who were released from societies oppression,
Christianity and Paul taught equality that was far removed from A&NE culture

You are the peon, you choose your own role, you take on the mantle of subservient submissive serf, crying foul when someone takes your prized possessions, your money’s

As for Notre Dame, it’s just a building, it burned, it happens
The bible talks of a falling away in the last days, don’t need a building to burn to qualify the written word
edit on 18-4-2019 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Jupiter became Jehovah, old pagan sites were converted to Church sites.

One of founding principles of christianity was the idea of the divinity of the Trinity. Much deliberation and polemic went into deciding whether to include that as it was of pagan origin

How about some sources for your claims here? I would love to see where you get your "information."

By the way, I don't think you know what "polemic" means.
edit on 18-4-2019 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I found it interesting that the altar that survived was the old "high" altar, not the one that was being used in the new Vatican II (yes the new one survived, but the only places that collapsed happened to be on top of it).

Or perhaps the fire if an accident, was an act of God himself. Since He allowed the Cathedral to stand in the first place, and it had been turned into a tourist trap where people came and bought things. Then the fire occurred on Holy Monday, the same day that Jesus cleansed the temple. But that is just being superstitious right?

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 01:16 AM
link   
It was God telling catholic priests, um...if you could stop molesting children that would be great..
LOL Not a believer in imaginary people in the sky.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 05:44 AM
link   

A hint is in your name - who they say are Gog and Magog since the 70's in biblical eschatology exegesis by born again end of times Pentecostal Armageddon type christians - are actual opposites

- hint - an altar has symbolic power, and yet derives power from worship

further hint - the church has been hijacked

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

You are the peon, you choose your own role, you take on the mantle of subservient submissive serf, crying foul when someone takes your prized possessions, your money’s

I said its given to us from when we're born. I'm not going to waste time pointing out comprehension to you yet again.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Christianity flourished mostly of the back of women who were released from societies oppression,

So a whole continent ( Sth Amer ) Brazil, Argentina etc converted by the sword by women etc - I see, which Spanish ships were they on?

wiki

Catholicism. Except for Suriname and Uruguay, the more professed religion in the South American countries is the Catholic religion. While countries such as Paraguay, Peru, Colombia and Argentina more than three-quarters of the population is Catholic, in Chile it is 57%.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Yours is just an opinion
The Spanish looted South America in the name of a catholic queen, money, you seem to have a little in common

Paul was very clear about his teaching that men and women are equal in every way, the Catholic Church ignore that teaching of Paul.
Jesus treated women as equals, your opinion is just that, an opinion

Given to us when we are born? What, your faith?
I didn’t keep mine

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Origen?

Evolving doctrine - whether you call that revealed "theology" or another tool to convert pagans and incorporate the Roman Pantheon is your choice

en.wikipedia.org...

Whether the earliest Church Fathers believed in the Trinity or not is a subject for debate. Some of the evidence used to support an early belief in the Trinity are triadic statements (referring to the Father, Son and Holy Spirit) from the New Testament and the Church Fathers. The view that the Son was 'of the essence of the Father, God of God...very God of very God' was formally ratified at the First Council of Nicaea in 325 AD. The Holy Spirit was included at the First Council of Constantinople (381 AD), where the relationship between the Father, Son and Holy Spirit as one substance (ousia) and three co-equal persons (hypostaseis) was formally ratified.[1

I don't think you know what "polemic" means.

BTW I'm Greek so I think
1) know the meaning of polemos

2) - your snarkiness back at ya

wiki

Polemical writings were common in medieval and early modern times. ... Medieval Christian writings were also often polemical; for example in their disagreements on Islam. Martin Luther's 95 Theses, nailed to the door of the church in Wittenburg, was a polemic launched against the Catholic Church.

Have you ever truly studied the Bible? On your own? Without prior assumptions?

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: dubiousatworst

Heres another thought - the rebuilt church is the new church that they cant rebuild over the Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem.

With France being PC and pretending they don't have Muslim "no go zones"......

Makes one think that the new "Gates of Vienna line" may be drawn across France.

We saw how Globalist Macron ( Mammon? ) beat protesters senseless with black shirt thugs - er Police.

What happens when Christians in France have had enough?

Just speculation, but weird all the same.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Symbolic alright!, a message to the people to wake up to the lie that is religion.
All we had to do was follow ten commandments, that's it. The rest is jiberish.

2nd commandment - honor no symbol or graven image in my name.

Is the rebuild the actual 3rd temple and history's interpretation of it's location has been incorrect?
It seemed prophetic to me also, inner alarm bells ringing in what can only be described as uneasy alertness,
Ohh the naivety of living in denial, an almost enviable trait.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Perhaps we could see Notre Dame's partial destruction by fire as being a prophetic message from above but even if that becomes an accepted meme, interpretation will differ so widely, it could in itself be seen as further prophecy. And in the maelstrom, the message be lost.

Destruction of the wooden roof structure, a perfect example of architectural design and how the seemingly impossible can be made possible in all it's manufactured and engineered beauty is in no way indicative of anything other than the impermanence of the natural world. Earth herself will reclaim all organic matter, fire is one her demolition tools and how this fire started is irrelevant to prophecy.

But the alter, made of hewed stone, remains. If this incident is divine prophecy, the message is clear. No matter the roof gone now exposes the building to the elements, the alter remains, the sacrifice is still required. For all that think the sacrifice has anything with tithing, giving of alms, time or effort, the payment of taxes or offers of help, it does not.

Like the stone alter, the sacrifice remains. Unlike the stone alter, the sacrifice is not material or physical. The sacrifice is as ever, of the self, the abnegation and sublimation of the ego and that is the only true church Christ gave to the world.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   
As Above So Below :

instead of a Prophecy connection I just wonder if there is a Time Marker associated between the Fire attack upon Notre Dame of Paris and the September 2017 event in the Constellation Virgo (which signaled the Time Marker/Event written in Revelation 12) sept '17-april '19= 18 months

Will the Notre Dame roof/spire Destruction signal a future attack which might become the 21st Century replay of the Vienna ouster of the Muslim invasion of Europe back in the year 1683

RE:

Battle of Vienna

The Battle of Vienna took place at Kahlenberg Mountain near Vienna on 12 September 1683 after the imperial city had been besieged by the Ottoman Empire for two months.
The battle was fought by the Habsburg Monarchy, the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth and the Holy Roman Empire, under the command of King John III Sobieski against the Ottomans and their vassal and tributary states.
The battle marked the first time the Commonwealth and the Holy Roman Empire had cooperated militarily against the Ottomans, and it is often seen as a turning point in history, after which "the Ottoman Turks ceased to be a menace to the Christian world".
In the ensuing war that lasted until 1699, the Ottomans lost almost all of Hungary to the Holy Roman Emperor Leopold I....

from wiki source

the Notre Dame in Paris was consecrated to the Virgin Mary by the Vatican Popes/Church,
the constellation Virgo is representative of the Female of many diverse religions/cults/pagan communities and not specifically pointing to the Virgin Mary
edit on th30155567409519412019 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join