It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is cleared. But will people forget the real threat?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   
It's already starting. Those who were crying Trump colluded are scrambling up bits and pieces of the report, pointing to the blanked out sections.
And those who were very skeptical and saying, collusion an illusion are pointing blame at those who were on the 'witch hunt'. Fair enough.

But are we forgetting something here?

I'm not fan of Trump (not that part). Although, I was a bit skeptical of his involvement in the Russian interference. But, that's just it, the key subject, the title of the actual report isn't even really about Trump, it's on out side influences on the 2016 elections.
Seems like the whole world of 'bad guys' was in on it. On the surface Trump does seem to fit the bill from his past life pre-presidency. But when you dig deeper, it's just the whole system to be honest.
Even if Trump did collude, we would never ever know. And this is the best evidence we have that disassociates him from the whole fiasco, so it's what I accept.

I just hope people don't focus on Trump being cleared, and going after the people who thought no - one would call their bluff, and take more notice to the real threat to the USA, or any free nation. It seems like outside influences are having a heavy hand in politics due to the information age, or rather, dis-information age.

I found this bit rather interesting, a clear indication for the political climate of all future elections, even here where I live in Canada we are worried. The internet is an amazing tool, but dangerous as well. Is this the future of elections, worrying about this sort of stuff, I know outside influences have always happened, but, like I said the internet is taking it exponentially over the top.

(after this is goes on to find no conspiracy or collusion on Trumps campaign and behalf).

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
This stuff will be going through the court/justice system for years.

Mueller did his job.

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Obama was president at the time.

He and his Department of Justice were responsible.

What did they do to combat Russian interference?

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'm not sure.

Maybe it's like asking. Why didn't Bush and his admin. know of the coming attacks before 9/11?

Perhaps Obama didn't think it would happen, but I guess the conspiracy grows. Hence why I said it seems like the whole system seems to be the problem. You have to remember, it seems like Russia loves this stuff, meddling in others affairs, they have confirmed Russian troll factories.

edit on 18-4-2019 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

The FBI did more damage to the electoral process
than any foreign nation could have.

They had the power to actually rig and election,
and they did so. That is the real danger to the U.S.
having weaponized intelligence agencies rigging
elections and entrapping innocent people.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   

The problem is, no parts of an election occur on social media, which the last time I checked, is available to anyone regardless of where they live (give or take). The election meddling excuse is not so much about election meddling as it is about censoring the internet.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

I'm not sure.

Maybe it's like asking. Why didn't Bush and his admin. know of the coming attacks before 9/11?

Perhaps Obama didn't think it would happen, but I guess the conspiracy grows. Hence why I said it seems like the whole system seems to be the problem. You have to remember, it seems like Russia loves this stuff, meddling in others affairs, they have confirmed Russian troll factories.

If.you are wondering what Obama knew about Russian meddling, he was told about it then he told our intelligence agencies to step down then told the American people that Russian interference, or "hacking" the election. wasn't possible.

Then made fun of Trump for suggesting it.

What short memories the left has...

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Here's the problem I have with this...

Everyone keeps talking about Trump and the Russians, or the Chinese or, or, or. They pretend to be objective, but in reality this is disingenuous. (not you OP, but in general) Why aren't all the other people who have foreign connections...to the Russians, to the Chinese, or, or, or,...ever talked about?

Both sides are replete with corruption and favors from foreign governments. The Obamas, the Clintons, the Bushes, the Clintons, the Bushes, the Carters (yes, I left Reagan out), the (insert - president / candidate / representative / senator here). The Pelosi's, the VP's, the career politicians.

All these people pretending to be 'objective' but they focus solely on Trump, like it never happens with anyone else. Well, guess what? It does, and it happens all the time!

Foreign influence on our election process has gone on for FAR longer than the Internet. If anything, the Internet has exposed more of it than ever before!

You'd think there had never been ANY attempted foreign influence on our election process before Trump!

Remember, the best lie is the one closest to the truth. In other words, accuse your opponents of something which is very close to the truth of what you do...and (theoretically) they'll never suspect YOU of doing the exact same thing.

I mean seriously, can anyone, anyone at all, actually say with a straight face that the Clinton's are not influenced by foreign governments, the Obama's...or anyone else in power?? I highly doubt it!!
edit on 4/18/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The thing i don't understand is, even if Russians were paid to promote Trump on Facebook, how is that different than hiring an advertisement agency based in another country?

The hacking part's one thing, but how is people posting anything on facebook, whether they're Russians being paid to or not affecting the outcome of anything?

Facebook's a platform with users from all over the world who can post almost anything they want...I

Are people really that stupid that enough of them based their voting decisions on facebook spam that it affected the outcome of anything?

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Could you provide evidence / information of this?

I'm not the most informed in this whole thing from start to finish.
edit on 18-4-2019 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
The thing i don't understand is, even if Russians were paid to promote Trump on Facebook, how is that different than hiring an advertisement agency based in another country?

The hacking part's one thing, but how is people posting anything on facebook, whether they're Russians being paid to or not affecting the outcome of anything?

Facebook's a platform with users from all over the world who can post almost anything they want...I

Are people really that stupid that enough of them based their voting decisions on facebook spam that it affected the outcome of anything?

Exactly right. The BBC and CBC were putting out anti-Trump documentaries on their state-funded channels, and that wasn't meddling, nor should it be.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Well he did publicly say that may be a problem. So it’s not like he didn’t warn us of it. Did you forget about all that?

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

So in your opinion is Trump cleared?

If not why?

Lol
edit on 18-4-2019 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Also the gubment can do what they can but ultimately it falls on us the sheeple to decide what is real and what is not.

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

4chan proves that just planting the seed of an idea can echo around the internet. There is a reason why its known as the meme generator.

Social media isnt bound to normal means of pushing information. Its accelerated ten fold if you simply just apply your idea to what people want to find on the internet.
Its like if you google how to cook a steak, you wont find recipes for pot roast or cooking beef ribs. You'll find exactly what you want.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Well he did publicly say that may be a problem. So it’s not like he didn’t warn us of it. Did you forget about all that?

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
A round of applause for you @ watchitburn
Now if I was only smart enough to post the other one where he is kissing Putin’s a$$ on an open mic saying in his second term (Obama’s) he can get away with more dealing with Russia.
edit on 18-4-2019 by TexasTruth because: Name

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The real threat?

OHHHH you mean Democrats. Yes. Yes they are.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Here is a 2016 article. Obama was concerned and thinking of ways to punish Russia. He thought...and thought...and thought...and...thought...and...

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Here's the problem I have with this...

Everyone keeps talking about Trump and the Russians, or the Chinese or, or, or. They pretend to be objective, but in reality this is disingenuous. (not you OP, but in general) Why aren't all the other people who have foreign connections...to the Russians, to the Chinese, or, or, or,...ever talked about?

Both sides are replete with corruption and favors from foreign governments. The Obamas, the Clintons, the Bushes, the Clintons, the Bushes, the Carters (yes, I left Reagan out), the (insert - president / candidate / representative / senator here). The Pelosi's, the VP's, the career politicians.

All these people pretending to be 'objective' but they focus solely on Trump, like it never happens with anyone else. Well, guess what? It does, and it happens all the time!

Foreign influence on our election process has gone on for FAR longer than the Internet. If anything, the Internet has exposed more of it than ever before!

You'd think there had never been ANY attempted foreign influence on our election process before Trump!

Remember, the best lie is the one closest to the truth. In other words, accuse your opponents of something which is very close to the truth of what you do...and (theoretically) they'll never suspect YOU of doing the exact same thing.

I mean seriously, can anyone, anyone at all, actually say with a straight face that the Clinton's are not influenced by foreign governments, the Obama's...or anyone else in power?? I highly doubt it!!

Very well said. To add the US interferes with elections all over the world and have for years. Doesn’t anyone remember radio free Europe. We have topped governments time and again. It looks like the chickens have come home to roost. I for one am not surprised.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join