It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chick-fil-a doesn't work in the Midwest

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

KFC here doesn't do it's fries with chicken salt ( plutonium grade MSG ) like back in OZ. I miss it very much.

Regarding chikflil I too burned my bra and stopped shaving my legs in protest of the owner getting political, taking my stance as a hard core protector of the Gay chicken eater here in the states. But I confess that was before I had even tasted one of their iddy biddy tender chicken nuggets.

They are just iddy biddy, teeny tiny, so once a week is ok right?

Don't rat me out to Cher, Andy Cohen or Octavia (or whatever her name is in congress) I stand with them still. Just not on Mondays for 17 minutes.
edit on 18-4-2019 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

They are franchises, however they only allow workers to buy/open up a new store.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: dubiousatworst
a reply to: Edumakated

They are franchises, however they only allow workers to buy/open up a new store.

The operator does not own the store or have any equity. It isn't their business. They cant sell rights to store or anything. They are just an employee, not a business owner. Glorified restaurant manager. That is not a franchise except only by stretching the definition.

Chik fil A spins it as a franchise opportunity but it is grossly misleading and straight up dishonest at worst.

They even tell you their franchises are not an "investment opportunity" because there is no equity or any ability to build wealth in the business.

edit on 18-4-2019 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Shocker for you. I have never ate Chick-Fil-A even when is was just a mall food court thing. Not a political opposition thing, obviously, but just have never ate it.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Well start shaving your legs again and don't burn your bra G!
Their tender chicken releases us from all political burdens.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   
You know.. I'd be curious to see the actual numbers they are dealing with.

Its a company that is pretty highly regarded in terms of service (my experience mirrors that), so when I hear about long lines.. I tend to think in terms of the business being inundated with customers more than the business "not working."

There is only so much throughput that can be provided in a business like this. When things go beyond that using standardized equipment, we are all of a sudden talking about major, major changes in order to meet demand.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
a reply to: rickymouse

Here's what I do. My wife works for a Chicken Processor. Yep they really do have a brand of free range organic from feed to eggs to birds to you. They also pay the salaries of the FDA Inspectors who are resident inspectors. Meaning they are there in shifts 24 /7 job is at that plant. The plants run 24 /7 three shifts as they process over 750,000 birds a week. Got that? Its not a typo.

So. Buy a box of Chicken Tenders from Sam's Club. Buy some cheap Balsamic vinegar salad dressing and an Italian dressing. Put the meat in a large glass tray. I buy these dressing at Food Lion for $1 each on sale. Cheap Cheap! Squirt 1/2 of each into the glass tray and put in your layers of chicken. Put the cover on for at least three days alternating in the fridge and out for a day at room temperature and back in the fridge. Turn over the top layer of chicken at least once. Grill. Coat top rack in grill with PAM or other. Put all meat on and turn grill to high heat. Flip when they get that look of caramelized brackish brown and grill marks from the heat. Don't overcook. Report out if you like it. I have NEVER had a bad batch and just finished a three day dinner marathon eating chicken with mashed potatoes and mac and cheese. My vegan brother and wife loved it.

Best store rotisserie cooked store whole chicken; BILO in my opinion. Blows away Walmart who was my #1 for decades

We just buy Amish chickens for less than a buck sixty six a pound, putting them into the freezer right away. Then I thaw them, cut them up, removing the backs and deboning the breasts when cutting them up, tossing the pieces in water containing onions, garlic, and celery and some cabbage with salt and pepper, and some sage and a tad bit of tabasco sauce along with a little lemon. Then I boil for about forty five minutes, basicly parboiling them and pull the chicken chunks for the grill out, The bones stay in the broth for another couple of hours to make chicken stock which has plenty of flavor from the regular chicken being in there for forty minutes or so. I just put some sweet baby rays BBQ sauce on them and they spend about twenty minutes total on the grill.

I usually get about a quart and a half of stock from doing this to use in recipes. Everyone seems to like the chicken that way and the stock can be used to make lots of things, with all the cartilage in it it is like chicken bone broth which goes really well in many dishes. I waste very little and I get some really tasty foods, the wife is spoiled, like she says, no restaurant has food as good as we make these days. But we are retired and do not mind spending hours making a delicious meal. Our beef is grass fed organic raised by a farmer we know who planted the grasses to get great flavor in the meat.

Strange thing about buying a good chicken is that it is so full of flavor, you are satisfied with eating way less. The Ahmish chickens are not as good as some of the ones that local farmers are growing around here, but they are decent, and they are half the price of the organic chickens that roam around on the farms.

We still buy regular commercial pork, but most often look for the pork without hormones and antibiotics and Meijers has the pork chops and spare ribs on sale for a buck a pound every so often. We have a vaccuum packer so I split the packages when we get home and vacuum pack them into four per pack and freeze them that day. It does cost about fifty cents for the bag though. I also stock the freezer with white fish from the local fishery, I buy them whole then filet them and vacuum pack the filets so we have them on hand. It saves quite a bit doing it myself, it runs about eleven bucks a pound for Whitefish filets from lake superior in the stores but doing it myself I get it for about six bucks final cost per pound.

I have done lots of research on how food chemistry is altered by freezing, the people who think the quality is not as good are mistaken, flash frozen fish is just as good as fresh fish if you just put it in real water for a little while. The chlorinated water can leave a taste sometimes, but I do not consider it too bad.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: rickymouse
Hey, kids need to learn how to work too. If you hire kids, their family comes to see them at work and orders food. If they don't work at a place where you can be a customer and go eat, you might never see the kids. Teenage kids tend to try to avoid their parents, they can't leave work if the parents are customers where they work.

We just got a bucket of chicken from KFC. Haven't had any for say five years. They reduced the salt and added all sorts of other spices and chemical to the chicken there now to replace the less salt, we actually do not like it at all anymore because it doesn't taste like chicken anymore. I do not know how long ago they made the changes but we are not buying it anymore.

Since when does original recipe include changes in how the chicken is spiced and made?

Ugh, KFC has tasted like a grease pit bucket of something for years. As it stands, the closest I've found around here is the rotisserie at Costco and the fried chicken at Meijer, those come the closest to how KFC USED to taste before they mucked up the recipes.

Wish companies would quite screwing with original recipes and keep the moneymakers the way that made them moneymakers in the first place.

We tried the Meijer fried chicken when it opened here but did not like the oil they are frying it in. In fact, most of the stores have switched to that oil now for frying, the only deli around here that has decent fried chicken anymore is the Ishpeming IGA store. Kind of sucks. There might be a few restaurants that use good oil yet but many have gone to that oil here that leaves that taste after the chicken or donuts sit for a while. They are also putting that oil into the breads around here a lot, it also is causing a chemical taste.

We got some of that oil from GFS for our deepfryer, and it smelled up the house when you cooked and the leftovers had that weird taste. We switched over to full corn oil now for frying, no taste in that oil. I did not taste that oil taste in the KFC though, but it still tasted crappy compared to how it used to taste.

Check out this site, check out what is in their chicken. www.servicecheck.net...

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I did have to shave part of my chest hair above my left breast last year for a Borg implant surgery. Well I didn’t shave it, though I should have in hindsight. I’ll keep my hairy legs and cook tenders myself if that is the criteria to get a meal. And if I am cooking, breaded potato wedges are happening.

edit on 18-4-2019 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I do like a good, fresh battered country fair corndog, with a nice dollop of yellow ballpark mustard on it.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
a reply to: JAGStorm

Nah I cant agree with you. So toss me a bone as to some great restaurants; NOT A CHAIN. I hear these people talk and what they like. That's why I mentioned generational brain wash. They eat sheet and think its great. That's OK but I know what I know and its not just me saying it. My opine the food in the South is bland and a Myth.

So you do the Irmo Okra Strut? Christ they even fry all their veggies. Fry fry fry. Son, they really have a sit u ation down here as in OBESE.

PS: I can look down at my shoes and I can see all my ancillary equipment. So can my wife. The natives down here look like the Michelin man or the Russian babe with the beach ball in the 1980's Wendy's commercials

Nah, nah , nah. I have been all over the world too. Ever eat traditional Chinese supper in China. Freaking disgusting. How about a handful of flies from the grease barrel. Come on I dare you to top me. Sea slug? Looks like a sweet potatoes until you cut into it.

Prarie Oysters? Look it up

Now German food EXCELLENT! Polish food EXCELLENT

I'm Korean, so yes I've had traditional Korean and traditional Chinese food (not in China though). I actually think that many Chinese dishes are amazing. (real Chinese, not Americanized Chinese) I just think that most Americans did not grow up with that kind of taste palate or appreciation for those textures. Tofu for example. It was my all time favorite food as a child. Not many American children can say that.

I'll top your sea slug.... ever had geoduck............
What about Conch. Conch really looks disgusting, real disgusting. I finally gave in and tried it. I had been missing out! It is amazing.

I'll agree with you on German food. I really think it is great. I find that most places in the US don't know how to make it. It is over fried and very greasy. In Germany, it was crisp and light, maybe too much gravy, but I still liked it.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Inspired by this thread, I looked up a long gone old favorite of mine...Zantigo. There are at least four of them that have been reopened in the Twin Cities area. Zantigo was a taco chain that was far better than Taco Bell and way cheaper to eat at as a bonus. Most were converted when Taco Bell bought them out.

We need to riot or petition or something to get them to open them up as a “competitor” to Taco Bell. Chilito’s and ‘Tigo Fries for everyone.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: incoserv

Sounds like a management issue to me.

Nope, I think it is a regional issues. Multiple Chick-fil-A in Wisconsin and Northern Illinois, not just one place.

How would I word that>

Dear Chick-Fil-A your restaurant suck up here, please make them more like they are in the South!
ps. trying to eat mor chikin

It's not the company, it's the people. They just aren't very nice in the north.

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Chic fil a has some winning formula...

How.does one.mass produce such crispy but soft and thick chicken?

Well they did it

Good fries as well.

By me the lines are always long, but they are fast and never seem to mess up orders.

Closed on sundays, like that old school tradition

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ItCameFromOuterSpace

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: incoserv

Sounds like a management issue to me.

Nope, I think it is a regional issues. Multiple Chick-fil-A in Wisconsin and Northern Illinois, not just one place.

How would I word that>

Dear Chick-Fil-A your restaurant suck up here, please make them more like they are in the South!
ps. trying to eat mor chikin

It's not the company, it's the people. They just aren't very nice in the north.

Nah, Popeye's isn't that great up here, either. I think you honestly have to be personally familiar with a region's food style to really cook it & pull off accuracy, even if it's batter dipping & fryer timing.

And I think attitude honestly depends on the state. But for what it's worth, having grown up in FL and considering only the natives I grew up around & not transplants, those are some mighty rude bastards in that state compared to people here in MI where I live now. They are much friendlier & nicer up here.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join