It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chick-fil-a doesn't work in the Midwest

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Pfft what we NEED up here are some Zaxby’s and a whole lot more Raising Cane’s.

And don’t say Fuddruckers or I’ll say what I always say when some lame ass wants to go there...

I can't stand Fuddruckers, and don't get the people obsessed with them. The burgers aren't good at all!

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor

Anyone remember KFC nuggets in the 90s?

Going back even further, remember when KFC had pints of chicken gizzards? Those were awesome and a road trip treat I'd always have to get.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

People direct traffic at the Chic-fil-a in my town and they valet park too.

Of course, they don't work there but it's still nice.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Fuddrucker’s burgers are better than Jack in the Box’s tacos.

(I need to say some positive things now and then to not look so bitter.)

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: schuyler
It's a franchise. There are bound to be differences where a franchisee doesn't quite get it. Further, it's a franchise that builds you zero equity. If you quit, you walk away with nothing. Corporate owns everything. Also, a franchisee must work at the business and can have no other businesses at all, including another Chick-fil-a. Each store pulls in quite a bit of money and you can make a descent salary, but that's what it is. Buy a franchise to buy a job. It's one of the worst franchises all in terms of building wealth.

Big difference....

Good Lord. both said the exact same thing. Congrats. We agree. They sell it as a franchise. You have to "buy in." Go look on their web site. You've decided they do not deserve to be called a franchise, so fine, but that doesn't prevent them from calling themselves that nor does it prevent them from being included in every franchise directory there is. Go look at any "list of franchises" and you will find it listed.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
On a sidenote, my Stepdad (RIP) was an outspoken atheist, went to conventions and wrote lots of essays, used to debate on the interwebz for well over a decade. My guess is that he got sick of that hobby and moved on to creating 3D graphics and short movies with characters from popular stories. Also had some sex slave pics he made, no sexual acts, just chicks in BDSM stuff tied up.

Regardless, he absolutely hated Chick Fil-A with a passion because they were Christian, refused to go there or eat it if some family member decided to get it for everyone. Would literally request something from a different fast food restaurant.

Also, at any drive thru, if the cashier said "God bless", oh no. He'd be rude and short with them, not say anything except something short in reply to be a jerk, then do his manchild whining thing afterward about it, visibly bothered.

edit on 4/18/2019 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I live in I think the same metro as you and the one by my house is always good. Service wise it is better than some of the regular sit down service restaurant.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Here in the Heart of Dixie, I can go to the busiest ChickFilA during a weekday lunch rush when the line is wrapped around the building out of the parking lot, there's two busloads of kids on a field trip eating there and *still* get in and out in 10 minutes or less.

I guess the individual franchisees set the standard for service, but I have *never* had a bad experience at a ChickFilA in the South.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   

For the most part in the South, everything is at a slower pace, much slower.

Oh really. You kidding me as you must not be referring to their driving habits. Reckless adult children who play the red light green light game at intersections so as to personally mess with others in their attempt to cause an accident among others but not them. Ever been through Atlanta Georgia? How about Columbia, South Carolina? Hey if you want to suicide by car just try Atlanta at any time of the day. Well I am off topic so lets talk about food.

Ever try a corn dog? Yea I never had one so I picked up a six pack from the Food Lion. Freaking sweet disgusting yuck so i took one bite and spit it out. Tossed the remainder in the back yard and gave the box to my wife to take to work. Woop's. No takers so it all went in the garbage.

First, lets debunk the myth about Southern food. Southern food is bland. Yet via generational brain wash they live to eat deep fried, greasy, sweet this sweet that sheet loaded with sugar. Hence Chickfila; sweet, deep fried greasy yum yum. I do like Chickfila as I also like Col. Sanders. I also like sweet tea but not southern style as their sweet tea is so sweet I cant taste the tea. You do not understand the North. The North has far greater culture and cultural foods from Europe, Asia and other places. Northern food typically isn't bland. That's why North stuff stays up there and South stuff stays there. I never in my life think to see lines of people looking at a twirly weenies as Southerners cannot stand a charcoal broiled hotdog. That according to a born and bred Southern from Batesburg, SC.; I reckon!

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Hey, kids need to learn how to work too. If you hire kids, their family comes to see them at work and orders food. If they don't work at a place where you can be a customer and go eat, you might never see the kids. Teenage kids tend to try to avoid their parents, they can't leave work if the parents are customers where they work.

We just got a bucket of chicken from KFC. Haven't had any for say five years. They reduced the salt and added all sorts of other spices and chemical to the chicken there now to replace the less salt, we actually do not like it at all anymore because it doesn't taste like chicken anymore. I do not know how long ago they made the changes but we are not buying it anymore.

Since when does original recipe include changes in how the chicken is spiced and made?

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

You do not understand the North. The North has far greater culture and cultural foods from Europe, Asia and other places. Northern food typically isn't bland.

I have lived in Europe, Asia, and both the North and South in the US, (Actually the East and West too).

Hands down Southern food wins, hands down. I'm sorry a CORN dog is not Southern food!
Have you been to this place called Wisconsin where they think Ketchup is spicy? It is bland city up here. Sure there are some good restaurants but for the most part it is the same kind of food.

In the South they know how to use spices and salt properly. C'mon, biscuits (real biscuits) and Gravy, Grits, bbq ribs, real fried chicken, fresh fish and shrimp..

Also, If you don't like Chick-fil-a's tea, then I am convinced that you do not know what Southern tea is. If you don't instantly get diabetes it is not Southern tea.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Here's what I do. My wife works for a Chicken Processor. Yep they really do have a brand of free range organic from feed to eggs to birds to you. They also pay the salaries of the FDA Inspectors who are resident inspectors. Meaning they are there in shifts 24 /7 job is at that plant. The plants run 24 /7 three shifts as they process over 750,000 birds a week. Got that? Its not a typo.

So. Buy a box of Chicken Tenders from Sam's Club. Buy some cheap Balsamic vinegar salad dressing and an Italian dressing. Put the meat in a large glass tray. I buy these dressing at Food Lion for $1 each on sale. Cheap Cheap! Squirt 1/2 of each into the glass tray and put in your layers of chicken. Put the cover on for at least three days alternating in the fridge and out for a day at room temperature and back in the fridge. Turn over the top layer of chicken at least once. Grill. Coat top rack in grill with PAM or other. Put all meat on and turn grill to high heat. Flip when they get that look of caramelized brackish brown and grill marks from the heat. Don't overcook. Report out if you like it. I have NEVER had a bad batch and just finished a three day dinner marathon eating chicken with mashed potatoes and mac and cheese. My vegan brother and wife loved it.

Best store rotisserie cooked store whole chicken; BILO in my opinion. Blows away Walmart who was my #1 for decades

edit on 18-4-2019 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Nah I cant agree with you. So toss me a bone as to some great restaurants; NOT A CHAIN. I hear these people talk and what they like. That's why I mentioned generational brain wash. They eat sheet and think its great. That's OK but I know what I know and its not just me saying it. My opine the food in the South is bland and a Myth.

So you do the Irmo Okra Strut? Christ they even fry all their veggies. Fry fry fry. Son, they really have a sit u ation down here as in OBESE.

PS: I can look down at my shoes and I can see all my ancillary equipment. So can my wife. The natives down here look like the Michelin man or the Russian babe with the beach ball in the 1980's Wendy's commercials

Nah, nah , nah. I have been all over the world too. Ever eat traditional Chinese supper in China. Freaking disgusting. How about a handful of flies from the grease barrel. Come on I dare you to top me. Sea slug? Looks like a sweet potatoes until you cut into it.

Prarie Oysters? Look it up

Now German food EXCELLENT! Polish food EXCELLENT

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I just pointed out why it is misleading and it isn't a franchise in how most people think of franchises. They call it a franchise for recruiting their store manager/operators.

If you read earlier posts, the point was that they are able to maintain relatively high quality operations because THEY ARE NOT A TRUE FRANCHISE and thus have much better control over store operations.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I agree with you on grits. Waffle House had the best !

If you don't instantly get diabetes it is not Southern tea.

We are on the same tack. No I never had Chick-fil-a's tea. I was at several restaurants a and formed that opinion. I make my own. Even as a kid we had Lipton 64 ounce with a cup of sugar.

In the South they know how to use spices and salt properly. C'mon, biscuits (real biscuits) and Gravy, Grits, bbq ribs, real fried chicken, fresh fish and shrimp..

Now now. We do the same. Ever been to the Bar-B-Barn in Montreal Quebec? I been using similar recipe since the 1980's for ribs and chicken. Combo of spices, maple syrup, molasses's, barbecue sauce, Franks hot sauce and olive oil

Yes very good biscuits!

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

They respect the Lord. Excellent organization although beaten by others

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   

It's not just a southern thing. I was born in PA, moved to SC, then to WI. When I moved to the Midwest, like you said, there was no tasty Chick-fil-A. Needless to say, I was despondent. Then, when it arrived a few funny things happened around me. People actually CAMPED OUT to get the food like it was an event or something. In literal tents. In the winter. It was hilarious. Anyway, I digress.

People are rather stoic in the Midwest. Not very smiley people, that is for sure! You are right that it is slower here, especially in the drive-thru. I haven't had any issues with getting the wrong food when I order though. Perhaps that's just your location.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Original versus crispy. Which is the difference between one trip versus two in the battering and flouring process. Also the clumps are not regularly sifted out. So crispy happens after original is prepped up.

2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 tablespoon salt
1/2 tablespoon dried thyme leaves
1/2 tablespoon dried basil leaves
1/3 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
1 tablespoon celery salt
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon dried mustard
3 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons garlic salt
1 tablespoon ground ginger
3 tablespoons ground white pepper

Enjoy.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Don't know about CFA's quality, we haven't eaten there since the owner made an ass out of himself and mixed politics with business (same issue we have with Papa John's, just STFU & don't use your livelihood as your soapbox, ya dimwitted retards)

I do know that you're kinda right as far as southern style not meshing with midwest -- Popeye's down south is the shiz, but the one up here in Grand Rapids just doesn't taste right. It's almost like it's the universe's reminder that regional food STAYS regional, and degrades when it's transplanted.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Hey, kids need to learn how to work too. If you hire kids, their family comes to see them at work and orders food. If they don't work at a place where you can be a customer and go eat, you might never see the kids. Teenage kids tend to try to avoid their parents, they can't leave work if the parents are customers where they work.

We just got a bucket of chicken from KFC. Haven't had any for say five years. They reduced the salt and added all sorts of other spices and chemical to the chicken there now to replace the less salt, we actually do not like it at all anymore because it doesn't taste like chicken anymore. I do not know how long ago they made the changes but we are not buying it anymore.

Since when does original recipe include changes in how the chicken is spiced and made?

Ugh, KFC has tasted like a grease pit bucket of something for years. As it stands, the closest I've found around here is the rotisserie at Costco and the fried chicken at Meijer, those come the closest to how KFC USED to taste before they mucked up the recipes.

Wish companies would quite screwing with original recipes and keep the moneymakers the way that made them moneymakers in the first place.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join