It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chick-fil-a doesn't work in the Midwest

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
Not my experience at all. I've been to several in Ohio and Michigan and it's the same experience I have in the south. Great service, great food and always busy.

Im in ohio and there are dudes directing traffic in the parking lot of the one i go to

Same here in PA. The lines can be long sometimes, but they put employees in the parking lot, taking orders and calling it inside... wait times are short even with long lines.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I've never had a problem with them here in Indiana. I usually go to the one in the mall outside Indianapolis.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

There is a reason a movie was made about White Castle and it isn't because the food is "good" but it does scratch a certain itch occasionally.

Right. And if we had more than 2 locations west of all the Rockies I could enjoy it occasionally on a late night too.

Given the chance to go to a White Castle or a Chick-fil-a once a month...I'd not choose CFA

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
I've never had a problem with them here in Indiana. I usually go to the one in the mall outside Indianapolis.

I know Indiana is technically considered Midwest, but let's be real, it might as well be South.
See you even have a smooth running Chick-fil-A

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

There is a reason a movie was made about White Castle and it isn't because the food is "good" but it does scratch a certain itch occasionally.

Right. And if we had more than 2 locations west of all the Rockies I could enjoy it occasionally on a late night too.

Given the chance to go to a White Castle or a Chick-fil-a once a month...I'd not choose CFA

WAIT... I just looked it up, there are no White Castles in Colorado Springs, or Denver... what.................
Now there is a missed opportunity!!

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: pavil
a reply to: JAGStorm

Every time I visit a Chick-Fil-A I am continually amazed how good they operate. I've been a manager in the casual dining segment and I can tell you how hard it is for them to be so consistently fantastic. I've had zero issues outside of the South but I'm sure the staffs down in the South are more friendly ect. They are so far ahead of any other fast food chain in terms of overall experience and taste.

That is exactly what I experienced at Chick-fil-A in the South. It is exactly the opposite here. 30+ min wait time in the drive through and got my easy order wrong.
. Go inside and it might be worse, even dirty tables, which I never saw in the South.

Sounds like a issue with that store. Let CFA headquarters know about it. I'm sure transplanting the culture to new areas is a challenge.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

WAIT... I just looked it up, there are no White Castles in Colorado Springs, or Denver... what.................
Now there is a missed opportunity!!

Maybe they think they can't compete with Taco Bell and Jack in the Box out here

They got that stoner crowd locked in.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

a reply to: Edumakated

I don't smoke, sir.

I said the food isn't worth the wait. It's not. It's typical chicken sandwich fast food with DMV wait times. I pass on Chick-fil-a, and I pass on grass.

Also LOL! Some comments in this thread are cracking me up.

OP: I think you must just have a mutant ChickFil in your town. Every ChickFilA I've ever been to, whether here on the eastern seaboard or in the (ACTUAL) Midwest (Oklahoma; Minnesota is NOT the Midwest!), the food and service has been exactly the same. Meaning, nothing special chicken (actually it's pretty darn bland and you have to put sauce on it to give it any flavor), good fries, slow ass service and constant lines.

I think it's actually the fresh bread/buns they use for their sandwiches that makes people think the chicken is good. People think t's the chicken but I think it's simply the fresh, moist and slightly sweet buns they use. The chicken is mediocre.

About the service- again, I think you've had anomalous experiences at both your ChickFil's in the south and the one you have now. The one in the south was either an anomaly, or just regular old good southern folk working there, with their wonderful bedside manners. Even the nastiest people in the south are warm and polite, so I doubt it was specific to the restaraunt. Midwesterners (although you aren't in the Midwest) are also warm and polite, but they are a bit more reserved than southerners, so maybe you're mistaking that for rudeness.

Fun thread.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

I think you've had anomalous experiences at both your ChickFil's in the south and the one you have now.

I would think that if I were talking about 2 or 3 stores. I'm talking about entire regions. I'm talking about them in Alabama, Florida and Georgia, and then Illinois and Wisconsin. I seriously never had a bad meal or slow time in the Southern states. It was amazing.

I'm not talking about just visiting a place once or twice either. I have lived in all these different states for years.
I'm also not a big fast food person, so the few places I go to (Chick Fil A, Portillos), I know the culture and food pretty well.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

On my way to a poker game a year ago I agreed to meet an old friend first at one in Fremont California for dinner before the game. The place was packed and I had heard alot about it from advertising. I ordered a simple sandwich and rather than sit in one of their tinker toy chair and table sets we decided to just take it to the car.

Well half way down the block I opened the window and tossed the second half to a dog at the curb. While I thought I had ordered a chicken sandwich I had not expected it to be a rubber chicken sandwich.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
Not my experience at all. I've been to several in Ohio and Michigan and it's the same experience I have in the south. Great service, great food and always busy.

Im in ohio and there are dudes directing traffic in the parking lot of the one i go to

LOL!

The truth.
Just outside cleveland

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I go to the one in Terre Haute Indiana when I'm over that way.
Always hot, fresh and reasonably fast for the amount of customers they have.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

When I lived on the east coast in the New England area, most thought I was from the south because of my accent.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Yep, I'm an Indy guy too. The Chick Fil A's I've been to seem to work efficiently. I just happen to think they're overpriced for what they are. One of those little $4.00 mini sandwiches and I'm still hungry. Plus I'm not really a waffle fries guy. So it's strictly if I'm with a group who really wants to go. It's never my choice, but I can deal.

Now I do like White Castle. Try their breakfast sometimes. The sausage/egg/cheese sandwiches are really good. Everything cooked fresh, eggs cracked right on the flat top.

One thing I think is interesting about fast food places, it seems to make a great deal of difference which location you go to. There's a Wendy's on the southwest side of downtown that runs like a well oiled machine. The ones just south and west of where I live are horribly run. And I think it must be the pool of potential employees because the McDonald's are the same way.

I go to places like that for speed and convenience. If they can't deliver that, then there's no point in it for me.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
It's a franchise. There are bound to be differences where a franchisee doesn't quite get it. Further, it's a franchise that builds you zero equity. If you quit, you walk away with nothing. Corporate owns everything. Also, a franchisee must work at the business and can have no other businesses at all, including another Chick-fil-a. Each store pulls in quite a bit of money and you can make a descent salary, but that's what it is. Buy a franchise to buy a job. It's one of the worst franchises all in terms of building wealth.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

honestly...I dont get the Chick Filet thing at all...its a detestable example of fried chicken imo.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
It's a franchise. There are bound to be differences where a franchisee doesn't quite get it. Further, it's a franchise that builds you zero equity. If you quit, you walk away with nothing. Corporate owns everything. Also, a franchisee must work at the business and can have no other businesses at all, including another Chick-fil-a. Each store pulls in quite a bit of money and you can make a descent salary, but that's what it is. Buy a franchise to buy a job. It's one of the worst franchises all in terms of building wealth.

It is not a franchise... they call it that but since the "owner" has no equity and only puts up like $5k investment, it is misleading. They are corporate owned stores. When they say franchise owner / store operator what they really mean is it is a glorified store manager job. They managers get a cut of store profits and can make $100-$300k/yr though. Typically only run one store.

You can't sell the store. You can't open multiple stores. You just run it.

The jobs are highly sought after though and they have pretty high recruitment standards.

Owing a franchise of a competitor like McDonald's means you OWN THE STORE. You put up the money to buy the land, build it out, etc. You pay a franchise fee to McDonalds. You can sell your store and make millions. There is no limit on how many stores you can own, etc. It typically takes a couple million to start a McDonalds.

Big difference....

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

a reply to: Edumakated

I don't smoke, sir.

I said the food isn't worth the wait. It's not. It's typical chicken sandwich fast food with DMV wait times. I pass on Chick-fil-a, and I pass on grass.

Maybe that's why you don't like their juicy chicken sandwiches and nuggets so much. You should try smoking with someone, then goto Chick Fil-A and share the enjoyment together as the chicken and pickles tap dances on your pallet.

I usually put half a packet of mayo on mine, I used to do some ketchup instead which is also good.

Extra pickle and half a packet of mayo is my final answer.

P.S. You should try Zaxbys if in your area. They are a competitor to Chick Fil-A here, minus the fame and open on Sundays. Their chicken is arguably better, clearly just as good. The real loser is KFC with their God awfully overpriced buckets yet having sub par sandwich and chicken tender deals, always getting less than what you paid for vs anyone else who sells chicken sandwiches and tenders. They don't even have nuggets anymore.

Anyone remember KFC nuggets in the 90s?
edit on 4/18/2019 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

a reply to: incoserv

Sounds like a management issue to me.

Nope, I think it is a regional issues. Multiple Chick-fil-A in Wisconsin and Northern Illinois, not just one place.

How would I word that>

Dear Chick-Fil-A your restaurant suck up here, please make them more like they are in the South!
ps. trying to eat mor chikin

HA! That's exactly what I would say.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Pfft what we NEED up here are some Zaxby’s and a whole lot more Raising Cane’s.

And don’t say Fuddruckers or I’ll say what I always say when some lame ass wants to go there...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join