It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chick-fil-a doesn't work in the Midwest

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   
As someone that has lived in the South many years, I have grown to love Chick-fil-a.
Moving back to the Midwest, we didn't have any, so we only enjoyed it while visiting the South.

Finally they brought the chain up North. It has been a total disaster.

Here is the REALLY weird thing. For the most part in the South, everything is at a slower pace, much slower. People just accept that.
Somehow Chickfila was a well oiled machine there. It was always busy, but they knew how to handle the hungry Southerners.
I don't ever remember them being slow, or messing up orders or anything like that.

Now that they are in the Midwest, they seriously don't know what the heck are doing. They try to be polite "my pleasure" etc. but it doesn't work here and does not seem genuine at all. Especially when it is said with a mean scowl (it is actually pretty funny) "My pleasure grrrrrrrrr"

The lines are sooooooooooo long, every time. It has been here for a few years now and they still can't get a handle on it. It is so bad I wonder if it is actually hurting the Chains reputation. Maybe some food places should just be regional.

I'm sure labor issues are a big part of it in the Midwest. There just aren't enough min wage workers, they have gone back to hiring 14 & 15 year olds. I got an order the other day and the little boy taking my order looked all of 11, stood a little over four feet, maybe 70 lbs soaking wet. I was actually shocked when I saw him. Maybe it'll take a few more years to work out the kinks.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Not my experience at all. I've been to several in Ohio and Michigan and it's the same experience I have in the south. Great service, great food and always busy.
edit on 18-4-2019 by jtrenthacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
Not my experience at all. I've been to several in Ohio and Michigan and it's the same experience I have in the south. Great service, great food and always busy.

Im in ohio and there are dudes directing traffic in the parking lot of the one i go to

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

We got one over here on the west coast now. I had never even heard of it before a few years ago. The lines are absurdly long at any given time. And the food isn't that good for the wait in my opinion.

I wish we could get a White Castle west of the Rockies

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Our chic-fil-a is expanding.
Somebody here in indiana must be happy with them.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I always wondered why franchisees didn't take it up north... I thought, maybe distribution hasn't allowed for it yet... But they'd make a killing.

As someone who's had it around in recent years, I still don't get the hype. It's an OK sandwich with really good fries. But, to each their own. Ours is always slammed, as people pull out of parking spots someone is pulling in.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

We got one over here on the west coast now. I had never even heard of it before a few years ago. The lines are absurdly long at any given time. And the food isn't that good for the wait in my opinion.

How dafuq are you going to say Chik-Fil-A aint' that good but then in the same breath say you want a White Castle? Must be all that weed you are smoking out there...

I was born and raised in Atlanta. Chik-Fil-A along with the Waffle House are southern staples. The CFAs here in Chicago are well run. I'd kill for a Waffle House up here in Chicago.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Our chic-fil-a is expanding.
Somebody here in indiana must be happy with them.

They are starting to explode around here.
I heard a rumor that the first one in Wisconsin broke all opening records.

They need to send people up here to train them. I know they do that for the first week or two, but they seriously need to do it for six months or a year. To really get the culture down. It is giving Chickfila a bad name. I've told friends that the ones in the South are so different!

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I wouldn't touch White Castle with a ten foot pole.... See, I wonder if what you are getting at White Castle is something different than what we are getting. Out here it is a weird little lard burger that is very, very questionable...

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I don't smoke, sir.

I said the food isn't worth the wait. It's not. It's typical chicken sandwich fast food with DMV wait times. I pass on Chick-fil-a, and I pass on grass.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Every time I visit a Chick-Fil-A I am continually amazed how good they operate. I've been a manager in the casual dining segment and I can tell you how hard it is for them to be so consistently fantastic. I've had zero issues outside of the South but I'm sure the staffs down in the South are more friendly ect. They are so far ahead of any other fast food chain in terms of overall experience and taste.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

a reply to: Edumakated

I don't smoke, sir.

I said the food isn't worth the wait. It's not. It's typical chicken sandwich fast food with DMV wait times. I pass on Chick-fil-a, and I pass on grass.

Yeah, but how can you then say you want a White Castle in same breath? That is like saying I think Mercedes Benz is overrated as a car, but I wouldn't mind buying a Yugo...

I mean I dabble in White Castle occasionally after a late night or a road trip, but seriously... a square, grey slime burger is not remotely on the same level as a Chick-Fil-A sandwich even if you do think CFA is overrated.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Every time I visit a Chick-Fil-A I am continually amazed how good they operate. I've been a manager in the casual dining segment and I can tell you how hard it is for them to be so consistently fantastic. I've had zero issues outside of the South but I'm sure the staffs down in the South are more friendly ect. They are so far ahead of any other fast food chain in terms of overall experience and taste.

That is exactly what I experienced at Chick-fil-A in the South. It is exactly the opposite here. 30+ min wait time in the drive through and got my easy order wrong.
. Go inside and it might be worse, even dirty tables, which I never saw in the South.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
As someone that has lived in the South many years, I have grown to love Chick-fil-a.
Moving back to the Midwest, we didn't have any, so we only enjoyed it while visiting the South.

Finally they brought the chain up North. It has been a total disaster.

Here is the REALLY weird thing. For the most part in the South, everything is at a slower pace, much slower. People just accept that.
Somehow Chickfila was a well oiled machine there. It was always busy, but they knew how to handle the hungry Southerners.
I don't ever remember them being slow, or messing up orders or anything like that.

Now that they are in the Midwest, they seriously don't know what the heck are doing. They try to be polite "my pleasure" etc. but it doesn't work here and does not seem genuine at all. Especially when it is said with a mean scowl (it is actually pretty funny) "My pleasure grrrrrrrrr"

The lines are sooooooooooo long, every time. It has been here for a few years now and they still can't get a handle on it. It is so bad I wonder if it is actually hurting the Chains reputation. Maybe some food places should just be regional.

I'm sure labor issues are a big part of it in the Midwest. There just aren't enough min wage workers, they have gone back to hiring 14 & 15 year olds. I got an order the other day and the little boy taking my order looked all of 11, stood a little over four feet, maybe 70 lbs soaking wet. I was actually shocked when I saw him. Maybe it'll take a few more years to work out the kinks.

Sounds like a management issue to me.

Maybe you should send a message to corporate, let them know that this particular store sucks.

I did that once with Waffle House. Stopped by one in North Jackson, MS one evening, wait staff literally ignored us for near five minutes, nobody else in the store. Place was filthy, reeked of cleaning chemicals. Sent an email to corporate from the website detailing it, got a phone call next morning thanking me. Don't know if it made a difference, bit they seemed grateful.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: jtrenthacker

Im in ohio and there are dudes directing traffic in the parking lot of the one i go to

LOL!

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

They don't have true franchises... franchising tends to kill quality. They also haven't expanded as rapidly. Culturally, they are also somewhat cult like too in regards to religion, etc. While the LBGTABCD..Z community hates them, it is also a big part of their success.

Their "franchise owners" aren't real owners... just glorified store managers, but they are VERY SELECTIVE in their hiring to run the stores and the managers do quite well financially as they get a cut of store profits. I looked at buying a franchise and discovered they aren't real franchises...

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Sounds like a management issue to me.

Nope, I think it is a regional issues. Multiple Chick-fil-A in Wisconsin and Northern Illinois, not just one place.

How would I word that>

Dear Chick-Fil-A your restaurant suck up here, please make them more like they are in the South!
ps. trying to eat mor chikin

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

I mean I dabble in White Castle occasionally after a late night

How can you put down White Castle then admit you're jonesin' for it occasionally on a late night.

Are you sure you're not the one who's high right now

edit on 18-4-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

I mean I dabble in White Castle occasionally after a late night

How can you put down White Castle then admit you're jonesin' for it occasionally on a late night.

Are you sure you're not the one who's high right now

I got nothing against White Castle... I just can only really take it after a very long day (or night) or a road trip. Down south we had Krystals which is essentially the same thing.

There is a reason a movie was made about White Castle and it isn't because the food is "good" but it does scratch a certain itch occasionally.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Their sandwiches are dry.

No sauces.

No fresh ingredients i.e. lettuce / tomato / onion.

I don’t get the hype.

ETA: pickles are not fresh ingredients.
edit on 18-4-2019 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join