It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should people on housing assistance get luxury housing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
www.tmj4.com... DSOEr6NUPZqfIpmR0iUr-Y3jXc

A portion of the building will be for people who qualify for housing assistance, which means people who make under the area's average income. That's around $30,000 a year.

I'll just put this out there. I am against all forced diversity, in schools, housing, jobs etc. I'm all for organic diversity. If you want it, you work for it.
If you can't get it, you work harder.

So now we get to housing. Is it fair for someone that is on housing assistance to live a luxury apartment? I imagine there are many people that are working their butt off that would never be afforded the same luxury? How is this a good thing? I just don't see it. If someone could explain it to me I'd appreciate it.

The way I see it, that housing assistance person isn't going to want to better themselves. They will literally downgrade their home if they do. In a way they are encouraging poverty. I put this in NWO because I really think that is what it is. Control people by giving them what they think they want. Looks like in many ways in America it is working. It creeps in slowing, a small percent here, a small percent there. Pretty soon nobody thinks they can actually do anything for themselves..

Why does housing need to be income diverse?

Do we need more affordable housing.
Of course we do, but this isn't the answer.

edit on 18-4-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
Wish I could give you more then one star. This quote sums up my feelings as well:

I am against all forced diversity, in schools, housing, jobs etc. I'm all for organic diversity. If you want it, you work for it. If you can't get it, you work harder.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Sure, why not. The billionaires are raping everyone else why shouldn't someone else get a break for a change.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Sure, why not. The billionaires are raping everyone else why shouldn't someone else get a break for a change.

That is a terrible way to think about it.
I also don't think it is a "break" at all.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Many years ago I used to be on housing assistance.I was grateful
for the modest apartment I had and would never expect to be
given a luxury apartment. I was on this program for about 10 years
and finally got into a program that went by my income.Another
10 years in that one and I bought a small house after that.
I lived in my house for 2 1/2 years and met my future husband and
sold my house.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Absolutely yes, I am behind this. I mean, they need a luxury apartment to match their brand new Escalade or BMW that they already drive to the social services office.

We should all be so lucky.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Should people whom are poor through no fault of there own, whose schooling was second class, whom are sick, whom have worked and lost it all, whom have suffered and whose ancestors worked to build up the very nation within which they live, laid down there lives in its' wars, worked in the hope of making a better future for there kid's while some scoundrel got rich off of there sweat and blood be made scapegoats so some can sit there and lord it over them as if they were the dirt under there feet.

What is luxury?.

Is it sanitation and food enough not to be hungry, is it something to keep them from going insane, is it access to public amenity's such as library's, free comprehensive health care and a society that actually cares about them.

If so then luxury has a very different meaning for some of us.

A guy whom drives an expensive car, a sports car that can not even be driven the way it is meant to be driven on a public road now that is a Luxury.

Eating real truffle's, finest steak with gold leaf fleck's (pointless) and drinking a rare vintage of expensive wine now that is luxury.

Should they be living in a mansion at tax payers expense then NO but the poor should indeed be treated as fellow human being's, be given a home with a garden, wash facility's, basic appliances and food as well as access to those public facility's.

Meanwhile the working class have more money and so can afford there fashion item's more often, can have the latest car - even if due to awful wage rates and a reduction in money being paid to the humble workers compared to the 1980's rates (real rates taking into account inflation and cost of living) while at the same time the middle class can afford better quality houses away from the humble working class neighborhood's and the upper middle class can still look up at the distant dream of becoming one of the truly rich some day even if for most of them that is all it shall remain.

Think about it like this.

Make the poor more poor and the bottom fall's out from under the working class whom are then forced to work for less, this in turn knock's the middle class down so they are not even middle class anymore (except the UPPER middle class whom most then wrongly think are rich) but instead now occupy the slot in the economy were the working class used to be, meanwhile the ultra rich due to tax break's and not having to pay that tax back into the country they are economically mining into there own personal bank account's become so rich that they end up owning what is left of the economy.

Sadly that has already happened (it took over a century for them to do it to the USA) and is in the process of happening today in western Europe (From where I took the model of the amiable society which is now gone) at an accelerated rate due to actual criminal scum whom are planning and forcing this due to there supposed right wing political opinion's but in fact due to the simple fact they are vagabond's whom are pocketing the loose change so to speak.

In Europe the word used to justify this criminality is Austerity policy and the main culprit's are the Bilderbergers and there lackey's the Troika.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I support the plan, provided low-income applicants are obligated to particpate in an incrementally challenging series of Running Man-style confrontations with Trump as Damon Killian.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
www.tmj4.com... DSOEr6NUPZqfIpmR0iUr-Y3jXc

A portion of the building will be for people who qualify for housing assistance, which means people who make under the area's average income. That's around $30,000 a year.

I'll just put this out there. I am against all forced diversity, in schools, housing, jobs etc. I'm all for organic diversity. If you want it, you work for it.
If you can't get it, you work harder.

So now we get to housing. Is it fair for someone that is on housing assistance to live a luxury apartment? I imagine there are many people that are working their butt off that would never be afforded the same luxury? How is this a good thing? I just don't see it. If someone could explain it to me I'd appreciate it.

The way I see it, that housing assistance person isn't going to want to better themselves. They will literally downgrade their home if they do. In a way they are encouraging poverty. I put this in NWO because I really think that is what it is. Control people by giving them what they think they want. Looks like in many ways in America it is working. It creeps in slowing, a small percent here, a small percent there. Pretty soon nobody thinks they can actually do anything for themselves..

Why does housing need to be income diverse?

Do we need more affordable housing.
Of course we do, but this isn't the answer.

People should move where they can afford to live. No one is entitled to anything. Milwaukee isn't that expensive, is there really a need for "affordable housing" in downtown Milwaukee?

I live in a wealthy suburb. It isn't cheap. The area is uber liberal... damn near communist. They are always harping on about affordable housing. The thing is by forcing developers to make affordable housing for the poor, they make housing unaffordable for those us who actually work for a living because we wind up subsidizing the affordable housing by paying higher market rates for our properties.

The other thing that makes no sense is that there is plenty of affordable housing in neighborhing communities. If you can't afford to live here, tough sh*t. I can't afford a 2000 sqft loft in Soho NYC which is why I don't live there....

These idiots built and affordable housing complex... Each unit literally costs about $300,000 for essentially a studio apartment. They could have literally bought a small house here for that kind of money.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

We aren't talking about "normal" housing, this is luxury housing.

have high end amenities like a pool, patio and views of lake Michigan.

and I agree with you for the most part, as I said this:

Do we need more affordable housing. Of course we do, but this isn't the answer.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Milwaukee isn't that expensive, is there really a need for "affordable housing" in downtown Milwaukee?

Just 15min outside of this area, you can buy an entire house for under 20K. I'm not exaggerating or joking.
It's just not luxury and doesn't have a view of the lake.

location, location, location!
edit on 18-4-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses
I support the plan, provided low-income applicants are obligated to particpate in an incrementally challenging series of Running Man-style confrontations with Trump as Damon Killian.

I've proposed the same thing for asylum seekers

Let em stay, IF they can win at the gameshow...

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I work and play in America's largest Muslim community...many live in mansion type homes we could never afford...in the nicest sections of town.

"Refugees", immigrants, migrants, green card than back to home country....then back here again "resident's"...on and on.

If one can pass a credit check, get or "borrow" a home down payment....then you can't stop anyone, anywhere from living where the want.

Responding to Er's in these homes as a kid I wished I could have....non-English speaking, non-residents are living in them...and apparently nothing I've seen has kept them from their "non-residents" styles of living.

Caddies, Lexus, Mercedes, Range Rovers, Ferraris, Vets etc...and on assistance status....

One day soon when I retire? I'm gonna let loose the info....

1st Responder, EMT

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

the billionaires? the 500 billionaires in the USA are raping everyone? the site motto is deny ignorance not bathe in it

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

One day soon when I retire? I'm gonna let loose the info....

When are you retiring? I have a pretty good feeling about the stuff you have seen, but it would be interesting to hear it first hand.

The Muslim community is not the only one doing this. Many Asians know how to "work" the system too.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Edumakated

Milwaukee isn't that expensive, is there really a need for "affordable housing" in downtown Milwaukee?

Just 15min outside of this area, you can buy an entire house for under 20K. I'm not exaggerating or joking.
It's just not luxury and doesn't have a view of the lake.

location, location, location!

Exactly! That is my point... that is not an affordable housing crisis where there is no where to live at a reasonable commuting distance.

Affordable housing crisis is like in San Fran where you can't buy a crack house for under $1 million and even if you live like 1 hour outside of downtown you still need to drop $500k to get a house.

My family owns a vacation home on Martha's Vineyard (Island off the coast of Mass... popular with wealthy libs / Presidents). Anyway, the island has a true affordable housing issue as civil servants can't afford to live there. The cheapest house for sale right now is $439,000... and it clearly needs work. The police, firemen, teachers, etc can't afford to live on the island so there are programs to help subsidize the cost as you can't just choose to live further away like you can in most cities.

Cheapest House on Martha's Vineyard

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Here in Chicago, some condo developments have set asides for affordable housing. So the developer will build a complex and set aside like 10% of the units as affordable housing.

A big issue is the culture class between the market rate buyers and the occupants of the affordable housing. The people who live in the subsidized units simply have different social norms (ghetto behavior - loud music, criminal family members hanging out) and it clashes with the yuppie, upper income social norms.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

For now I'll say this...our historic City Hall has moved from the historic structure on the Eastside...which now sits by the Arab America Museum, and numerous mosques have popped up on corner stores, in old Christian churches...and school days a year have been cut by a 3rd to accommodate the Muslim holidays.

If I let loose on everything....ATS would be stunned...SHOCKED at what goes on for free, paid by us...and they just love it....no doubt.

With a Security Clearance to consider...I'd discuss this in depth, but privately and not on-forum...yet.

M.S., Responder,
FEMA/DHS, Region 2 South,
Wayne County, MI, U.S.A.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   

No, they should not. They should not get bad or unsafe or unsanitary housing, but why should they get luxury housing? Like you said, OP, if they get out on their own they will be downgrading, and who will want to do that?

edit on 18-4-2019 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I cant even like a post.

This mandatory timeout every hour from 27+ till 35 is #ING retarded....

what idiot thought it was a good idea?

edit on 18-4-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join