It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC fires Savage on anti-gay remarks

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I saw that episode, it was really good because he explained a watered down version of my belief of "Minority Rule" where the courts and politicians do what the Minority wants because the Minority is being "wronged".

While it's good to tollerate, it's bad to step around majority rule to accomplish it.

I heard him say that and thought "oh bother" but it definately wasn't "firing" worthy.

MSNBC just went on the poop list...if I'm correct, they've now fired Donahue, and Savage, the only two people worth listening watching!

Sincerely,
no signature

[Edited on 10-7-2003 by FreeMason]

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Although I am disappointed in MSNBC I can see their reason for doing it. I still like watching the Abram's Report and Scarborough Country though.

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 09:13 PM
link   
It is of course totally reasonable that they fire him now...

but it was such a small thing, no one would ever have brought it up.

Basically MSNBC just took advantage of it, and made it something no one can deny now....

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Midnight Mutilator
Tut, I am beginning to have absolutely 0 respect for you. Blaming the Catholic Church for sodomites it�s not my idea of being "respectful". Just because you might not be Catholic doesn't give you the right to blame "world problems" on the Catholic Church. It's people like you that make me want to throw up.

=========================================

start throwing up,
the first recorded revolutionary to my knowledge was Moses, then Christ, then Martin Luther, who exposed the Vatican for what it was a tax collecting entity that sold salvation thru indulgences to get out of pergatory. thus fill the coffers with money so pope leo the 10th could have giant cakes wheeled in to his parties and have little naked boys jump out, mind you this was in 1510. why do you think sodomy exists today?
Luther published 98? points of criticisim using the first equivalent of the internet known as the Guttenberg Press to desiminate his opinion to the masses, resulting in the very first socio-economic revolution by the masses, which he vehemently condemned. for he was a pacifist and belived that only GOD through personal relationship could grtant Salvation, not the exploytation of the church
and for your personal information Midnight Mutilator I was born a Holy Roman Catholic and Baptised and received 1 St Holy Communion and atended Catholic School

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I did not say all of the repugnants do that nor did I say that some of the liberal types don't do it.

Its just that the ones like Savage and Rush thats their MO man, if you don't agree with me I'm just going to yell over the top of your opions!!!

I don't care for that uncivilized approach to politics!!! I know that they are ALL a bunch of liars and cheats, nothing new there but there is no reason to scream out an opinion you don't agree with.

Now to show my tolerance, look at this guy I forget his name, he was a republican congressman and now he has a political talkshow on CNN, Hanratty? Something like that.

I can watch this guy because he talks to people and he lets them respond, and if another guest is screaming over them he has them put on mute!!! I like that!!!
Also he is a moderate unlike all the others who tend to be just this side of Ghengis Khan.

As an aside to this topic, since the righties seem to be in control maybe y'all can enlighten me on the conservative mindset. Can someone tell me why republicans take issue with any kind of legislation that supports children, education, healthcare, or the personal rights or freedoms of the individual?

My understanding of federalism and the conservative mindset is that they are still supposedly compassionate American who care about thier fellow man but the opposition to any legislature like those above seem to get killed even when its submitted by a republican.

I don't understand why y'all seem all fired up to spend money on blowing up foriegn nations but your totally against spending any US money on and for the benifit of the people of the US.

In case you're wondering this is why democrats win after a prolonged period of republican rule, when people get tired of being left behind by our own govt, they vote to bring in someone who will do for us as a people!!

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Give me a break, When will people chill? Remember:
"Sticks and Stones can break one's bones, But words can never kill us!"

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Quoted from my last post:
As an aside to this topic, since the righties seem to be in control maybe y'all can enlighten me on the conservative mindset. Can someone tell me why republicans take issue with any kind of legislation that supports children, education, healthcare, or the personal rights or freedoms of the individual?

My understanding of federalism and the conservative mindset is that they are still supposedly compassionate American who care about thier fellow man but the opposition to any legislature like those above seem to get killed even when its submitted by a republican.

I don't understand why y'all seem all fired up to spend money on blowing up foriegn nations but your totally against spending any US money on and for the benifit of the people of the US.

In case you're wondering this is why democrats win after a prolonged period of republican rule, when people get tired of being left behind by our own govt, they vote to bring in someone who will do for us as a people!!
======================================

It's pretty simple really, righties have no domestic agenda other than to allow total pillage'n'plunder by the corporate weenies to undo all of the good brought on by the last democratic administration.

Shrub "Domestic" Agenda
> Lets see we can start a war... check
> um, raise unemployment via layoffs... check
> allow good paying American jobs to be lost to foriegn countries... check
> spend all the reserves via war and taxcuts to my rich campaign contributors... check
> turn the other way while my college frat brothers rape the pension funds of their companies... check
> lie, cheat and steal all before my first term is over... check

Well it appears we have another fine mess for the next democratic administration to cleanup. No wonder we have yet to reach the pinnacle of our countries vast potential, we're far to busy cleaning up the mess from the righties frat party hangovers!!!

SEND SHRUB PACKING IN 2004!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join