Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

MSNBC fires Savage on anti-gay remarks

page: 2
0
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Savage's response on his website:

Savage Loses TV Show
The Real Story


What happened on the air is much different than what is being reported. It was in the middle of an airline horror story segment with a great set (see photos above). Out of nowhere a crank caller from a competitive talk show went from describing his airline horror story to making vicious personal attacks against me. I signaled and thought that this crank caller was cut from the air. His insults continued in my ear piece and I reacted to him personally as an individual who was attacking me to defend myself.


Unfortunately, my personal comments to this crank caller were broadcast. In no way did my comments reflect my views of disease and suffering in any way. I have spent my entire life in the field of alternative medicine trying to heal the world and bring comfort to the sick. If my comments brought pain to anyone I certainly did not intend for this to happen and apologize for any such reaction.


Let me repeat, this was an interchange between me personally and a mean spirited vicious setup caller which I thought was taking place off the air. It was not meant to reflect my views of the terrible tragedy and suffering associated with AIDS. I especially appeal to my many listeners in the gay community to accept my apologies for any inadvertent insults which may have occurred.




posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 08:06 PM
link   
TC

Thanks.

This is not the first time (nor the last time) that someone letting out their true feelings when they think they are off air, has been censured or sacked.



posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 08:06 PM
link   
There ya go, he isn't such a bad guy afterall.



posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Yeah, Tut, you just got a warning from me. Not because of your idiotic opinions and inflamatory statements that are as bigoted as anyone's could be, it is because you haven't the civility to talk without profanity. In the civilized world, profanity is not acceptable. It is even against the rules of this board.

Along with knowledge, you could use an extreme amount of maturity.

"Tut tut"



posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Nooooooooooooooooooo! They cant do this, he cant be fired! Now what will I do? Guess its back to O'Reilly and Llimbaugh, I cant belive this happened. This is stupid, I want him to be rehired. Maybe Fox will get him a job? Well least he still has his website. I cant belive this happened.



posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 08:10 PM
link   
If the gay guy does sue and win what a presedent it will set. I remember reading Mind Sedge by the writter of the left behind books(its a good book i suggest you read it itsws from a christian perspective but does bring up good points) and he was talkin bout senarios. One was a preacher in a church being arrested for teaching against homosexuallity. And that is what this looks like. I agree that he was fired that is the companies policy that he agreed to.But being sued that is a clear violation of our contitutional right. And i pray the day will never come where iwill have to not be able to speak what i think because of i might affend someone. Screw Political Correctness. Political correctness is uncorrect savage will say that to a gay guy and get sued but a gay guy could tell him the same thing and guess what its no biggie just fair because he is a minority.

Oh btw tut you are making yourself look very ignorant. Please show me a topic that orielly has ripped appart with no opposing imput hell ill debate you on it. i bet you he was right tho. Also the poor, weak, intimadated, and diseased are not pulling there weight. it called capitalism man not socialism why should we pull there wait for them if they dont want to work. Im not talkin about peoplle wh ocan work but people who dont work.



posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Savage's response on his website:



I accept this, however I'm leaving my argument standing in theory for the next time.


And I still have these questions:

1. Can a blatant attack on a gay, targeting his sexual orientation/habits be considered sexual harrassment?

2. Is there not a verbal form of sexual harrassment and does this not infringe on freedom of speech?
2A. If not, why not? (And where is the line between protected speech and not-protected speech?)
2B. If so, isn't that a good thing? (ie. otherwise I could go up to any woman and whisper horrible perversions into her ear and not fear reprisal?)



posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
Nooooooooooooooooooo! They cant do this, he cant be fired! Now what will I do? Guess its back to O'Reilly and Llimbaugh, I cant belive this happened. This is stupid, I want him to be rehired. Maybe Fox will get him a job? Well least he still has his website. I cant belive this happened.



Relax. You can always catch him on the AM dial. He's more Savage on the radio, anyway.

He'll make you wince out of sympathy pain for the unfortunate liberal callers he slams!



posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Yeah, Tut, you just got a warning from me. Not because of your idiotic opinions and inflamatory statements that are as bigoted as anyone's could be, it is because you haven't the civility to talk without profanity. In the civilized world, profanity is not acceptable. It is even against the rules of this board.

Along with knowledge, you could use an extreme amount of maturity.
========================================
Dear Sir,

My profanity does not even approach the level of your IDOL Mr. Savage who has assumed the name for propaganda and capital reasons, he is not even worthy of the hat he espouses in relation to his idenity. Once again you have dropped a rung in my ladder of respect.
I am very sorry Thomas Crown for speaking the TRUTH

TUT

"Tut tut"



posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   
TRuth what truth?? There rich yeah because they appeal to the public. they pick on defenceless ppl false. Theny need to get they act together. But i wanna debate you on something orielly or limbaugh has ripped apart unfairly



posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Now if we can just get Newt and those dorks on CNN canned we might be able to bring back real political debate without being screamed over by a bunch of hate-spewing morons.

Savage was the worst of them all and now he is outta there!!!

Way cool jr!!



posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Least I can still listen to him. But I do think he was wrong for saying that,it was a stupid remark. Maybe I did overreact a bit.



posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
Least I can still listen to him. But I do think he was wrong for saying that,it was a stupid remark. Maybe I did overreact a bit.



Why you would want to listen to a guy who treats people like $hit is beyond me. But hey its just my opinion. Im glad the SOB got fired for treating people like crap.



posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I don't understand why Savage said such thing while he was on the air. He didn't think twice before speaking. There is a difference between what you say in public and what you say when you're at home. Too bad he crossed the line.


The same happened in Belgium. A radio speaker has been fired cuz he said that Williams sisters ( Tennis ) were looking as gorilla. FIRED ! It's true that the 2 sisters don't have any feminity, but it wasn't a reason.

P.S : tututkamen, you're nervous for the moment. Do you like warn ?
( It's not a threat, just a remark ! )



posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by USMC Harrier
Now if we can just get Newt and those dorks on CNN canned we might be able to bring back real political debate without being screamed over by a bunch of hate-spewing morons.

Savage was the worst of them all and now he is outta there!!!

Way cool jr!!


Yeah, get all those darned middle of the road and conservative minded people that have managed to get on the air back off and we can have liberals debating with liberals, just like it ought to be, right?

Typical liberalism. Freedom of speech is sacred as long as the liberal is doing the speaking.

Yeah, liberals don't scream over anyone. *coughJamesCarvillecough*

As a matter of fact, that is what they excel at. Anyone catch Ann Coulter on Hannity and Colmes the other night? She couldn't complete a sentence because of the leftist that was "debating" her wouldn't let her finish a sentence. A decent, well-mannered gentleperson has no chance to get a point across in such "real political debate".



posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 06:06 AM
link   
As far as you, Tut, its a shame you can't admit that it isn't what you said (which had no substance gut typical insinuations) but how you said it (without proper etiquette). Play the martyr. That is on page 67 of the democratic "debate" handbook.

Let's see, you disrespect the ladies and children here, I warn you about it, and you say you have less respect for me now?



posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
As far as you, Tut, its a shame you can't admit that it isn't what you said (which had no substance gut typical insinuations) but how you said it (without proper etiquette). Play the martyr. That is on page 67 of the democratic "debate" handbook.

Let's see, you disrespect the ladies and children here, I warn you about it, and you say you have less respect for me now?


posted on 8-7-2003 at 04:06 PM Post Number: 110400 quote report
Yeah, Tut, you just got a warning from me. Not because of your idiotic opinions and inflamatory statements that are as bigoted as anyone's could be, it is because you haven't the civility to talk without profanity. In the civilized world, profanity is not acceptable. It is even against the rules of this board.

Along with knowledge, you could use an extreme amount of maturity.

"Tut tut"
=========================================

I admit it was how I said it and would have been more if I could type faster, what I said was truthfull and accurate.
And you have no idea what level of respect I have for women and for children I am very proud of the ones I have raised. More so than I am of you son.
And you call me an idiot and a bigot and say I am inflamatory
I do say I have much less for you now. And you can keep your useless and pointless internet anger towards me.
There you've been warned



posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver
If the gay guy does sue and win what a presedent it will set. I remember reading Mind Sedge by the writter of the left behind books(its a good book i suggest you read it itsws from a christian perspective but does bring up good points) and he was talkin bout senarios. One was a preacher in a church being arrested for teaching against homosexuallity. And that is what this looks like. I agree that he was fired that is the companies policy that he agreed to.But being sued that is a clear violation of our contitutional right. And i pray the day will never come where iwill have to not be able to speak what i think because of i might affend someone. Screw Political Correctness. Political correctness is uncorrect savage will say that to a gay guy and get sued but a gay guy could tell him the same thing and guess what its no biggie just fair because he is a minority.

Oh btw tut you are making yourself look very ignorant. Please show me a topic that orielly has ripped appart with no opposing imput hell ill debate you on it. i bet you he was right tho. Also the poor, weak, intimadated, and diseased are not pulling there weight. it called capitalism man not socialism why should we pull there wait for them if they dont want to work. Im not talkin about peoplle wh ocan work but people who dont work.

========================================

Well lets see,
Moving right along to the next brilliant moderater in line.
"Oh btw tut you are making yourself look very ignorant.
Oh am I now?
There is also Christianity as opposed to the Idolatry of Worshiping Ceaser's Gold.

Most recently O'Rielly was claiming the Catholic Church as a bastion of morals and claiming the Supreme Court is a secular nightmare doing away with your Constitutional rights. And hanging up on all that agreed with the court and its recent decesions. And referring to them also as ignorant and stupid and dumb. The Catholic Church is probably directly responsible for the Sodomites that exist, the same church he defends as a moral bastion of civlity

"But being sued that is a clear violation of our contitutional right. And i pray the day will never come where iwill have to not be able to speak what i think because of i might affend someone"

Oh how many different ways do you want to cut this cake?
You two starry eyed MF's are killing me "screw ploitical correctness"

TUT TUT



posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I think he got exactly what was coming to him. He deserved to be fired.



posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Tut, I am beginning to have absolutely 0 respect for you. Blaming the Catholic Church for sodomites its not my idea of being "respectful". Just because you might not be Catholic doesn't give you the right to blame "world problems" on the Catholic Church. It's people like you that make me want to throw up.





new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join