It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

check out some dental work from 2000 BC

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

interesting

look like bronze wire to me

maybe i see bronze cause i work in casting aluminum bronze every day

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   
The four implants were probably predrilled and they put it in and just wound it around the other teeth. Sort of an early bridge for someone. Looks like solid gold wire. I wonder if they were ivory or horn teeth or whether they pryed them out of a corpse and ground them down?

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

they knew some things for sure

en.wikipedia.org...

is a surgical intervention in which a hole is drilled or scraped into the human skull, exposing the dura mater to treat health problems related to intracranial diseases or release pressured blood buildup from an injury. It may also refer to any "burr" hole created through other body surfaces, including nail beds. It is often used to relieve pressure beneath a surface. A trephine is an instrument used for cutting out a round piece of skull bone.

Trepanation is perhaps the oldest surgical procedure for which there is archaeological evidence,[5] and in some areas may have been quite widespread. At one burial site in France dated to 6500 BCE, 40 out of 120 prehistoric skulls found had trepanation holes

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   
That's a bridge.
The drilled out teeth were put back in and held in place by bridging onto the teeth along side.
Pretty good work if you ask me. The gums receded after those teeth were lost.
Not so painful

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I was more thinking he lost the teeth and that part of his jaw as an injury and being a man of means he dixnt want to appear as disfigured. So in comes the best professionals of the time...they procure some front teeth...god only knows how...taken or found. They drill holes and fit the wire to "mount" the new teeth so he doesn't have the gaping hole in his mouth. At least thats how I pictured it when I saw the picture.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Just goes to show....practically NOTHING is new!
Seems ancient man also loved bling

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
this is too cool

some of the earliest known dental work

pretty gnarly

awesome though

It just doesn't look right.

His molars and the teeth from the bottom K9's back don't look "human", they aren't within what I'd consider normal sizes and shapes.

He looks like a herbivore version of a homo sapiens

edit on 4/17/2019 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I wonder if this dental work was done after death. To make the person complete, so to speak. I say this because, as has already been pointed out, that this would have been more painful and debilitating than having no teeth at all.
edit on 18/4/2019 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 06:24 AM
link   
So we have always been a vain species, rather sad to find out, as the 2 front teeth do not look like they would offer any bite ability, I wonder if they had bumhole bleaching back then also or is that just a new thing

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
So we have always been a vain species, rather sad to find out, as the 2 front teeth do not look like they would offer any bite ability, I wonder if they had bumhole bleaching back then also or is that just a new thing

We have to be. It's embdedded in our learned DNA or something for survival. Do you think that guy would've been as happy, as successful in his job, attractive to women if he cared, with two of his front teeth missing?

He probably was treated differently, made fun of, talked about behind his back. He was obviously wealthy, probably important, maybe a public speaker of some kind, dealt with the public a lot. He needed to be respected I guess. Perhaps he got punched in the mouth by someone prominent in a behavioral and verbal incident.

Maybe he was known to be very attractive otherwise, and was a public figure to boot. Ever since that thing happened in the Garden of Eden, man has been incredibly vain, self concious, and paranoid about their appearance. What you see, don't see. Doesn't even matter if its fake anymore. If it's visually attractive, it is.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Interesting but it looks creepy and painful.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join