It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spot Robots Marching Into A Town Near You...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Well, not really, but it probably won't be too much longer, when robots will be seen daily by the general public. The "Spot" robot, featured in the two video clips posted below, is made by Boston Dynamics and was designed to carry supplies over uneven terrain and to be used in "search and rescue or accessing disaster zones."

Boston Dynamics, a company specializing in animal-like robots, has just released their latest design: Spot. Spot is an untethered dog-like robot that is designed to be sturdy and sure-footed when carrying supplies over uneven terrain. The project was funded by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), and was meant to assist in dangerous situations, such as search and rescue or accessing disaster zones.

www.iflscience.com...

The company has released several videos in the past, demonstrating Spot's capabilities. Over the last few years, this robot has become sleeker looking and according to the company, "Spot robots are coming off the production line now and will be available for a range of applications soon." The first video clip seen below, was released yesterday and has already over a million views. Cool video, especially the sound of the robots marching alongside each other. Science fiction is slowly becoming a reality and some people will lose their jobs to a robot, probably sooner than they think.

Clip From 2015:

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Starting to look too much like "I, Robot." No thanks.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   
wild times

boston dynamics has some pretty bad ass robots

i am torn

i feel a bit uneasy about all of this but at the same time i want my own robot

make him get me juice boxes and s#

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

The thought of relaxing, tending my gardens and writing when I'm in my 90's and my SUR's are roaring around tending to the property...

Sport Utility Robots.

You heard it here first.

edit on 17-4-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Sport Utility Robots. You heard it here first.

I'll take two. Sounds good to me.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I'm gonna wait until they can transplant a brain into one.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

The tech is starting to come out. Probably expensive as hell, but the price will drop in time. Would be nice to sit on the deck, drinking a cold one while watching the "SUR's" do all the yard work (as long as my dogs don't destroy them).

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   

The system goes online on August 4th, 1997. Human decisions are removed from strategic defense. Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 AM, Eastern time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug
Sorry, couldn't help myself, don't like the ones that crawl like big yellow insects!

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   

One of my neighbors has had one for a year or two already.

Husqvarna Mower

Needs perimeter wires though... so I'm waiting for a better model.

Like one that prunes my orchard and scares the deer off...

And brings me a mixed drink in the garden.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: RUokayHun

The system goes online on August 4th, 1997. Human decisions are removed from strategic defense. Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 AM, Eastern time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug
Sorry, couldn't help myself, don't like the ones that crawl like big yellow insects!

I was thinking the same... if we HAVE to make robots, can we please please pretty please not make centipede ones?

There is some reason why our R-brain goes into fight or flight mode when things have too many legs...

Let's not find out?

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I don't trust my Roomba (Phred), it eats things.

I don't want something with blades.
edit on 4/18/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I don't trust my Roomba (Phred), it eats things.

What? Cat vomit you haven't found yet? That's a good thing.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Well, not really, but it probably won't be too much longer,

Your right wasn't that long at all.

www.wbur.org...

Massachusetts State Police is the first law enforcement agency in the country to use Boston Dynamics' dog-like robot, called Spot.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
Starting to look too much like "I, Robot." No thanks.

Judging from the bilderberg meetings and AI talks it seems this is what they want.

new topics

top topics

join