It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mice on the ISS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
pretty self explaintary.

they launched 20 female mice to the ISS and they have a fancy cage and man they are funny to watch. they adapt very very quickly and seem to be having a good time.

i would imagine the launch would be the most distressing to them, i wonder if they medicated them as to not get hurt or freak out. interesting(not really) that they didnt include male mice, imagine the ISS with a mouse infestation

it would be interesting to see the generations of mice adapt to their zero G life, their shorter life cycle might show some physiological issues we humans may face in long haul space flight/habitation

most expensive pets ever? you know they named them.
edit on 17-4-2019 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

I read about this the other day on Science Daily (I think).

Very cool how they adapted so quickly.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Small cages, new environment would be interesting to watch

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Snap... I thought this was about jihadi mice.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
If they're all female mice, then apparently they're not going to try to breed them in zero G.
edit on 17-4-2019 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

i think the cage is bigger than it looks because there are 20 of them and there are only a few at a time in the video, i imagine it like one of those super fancy gerbil enclosures with tubes and what not all over the place.

if a mouse can get to the ISS for science, i am willing to make the sacrifice for science and live in a cage as long as i can get up to the ISS

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   
gee, I never get to go on those out of this world trips. They never even tried to contact me to offer me a spot in that experiment. I am bummed, but I guess I should be happy, they will not be dissecting me upon return to earth.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   
So if you launch a cat into zero-G, how do they know which way to spin so they'll land feet first?

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Isn't that a very bad Idea what happens WHEN one gets loose ? Eating wire's etc...

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

what if one dies before it goes home? flush it out the airlock like in Starship Troopers? not like you can bury it or even flush it.

i would have included one of those clear balls they roll around in on earth so that way i could take the mice out of their cage.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
So if you launch a cat into zero-G, how do they know which way to spin so they'll land feet first?

They don't, they just keep spinning forever which would make them the ultimate perpetual motion device.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   

This may easily be, one of the most epic questions ever asked on the internet...

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Cats get very confused in zero-g.

www.youtube.com...

vimeo.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

vestibular systems must be pretty active/accurate in cats.

i hope they are able to take them out and hold them, they look cute.

ETA

it's pretty amazing an animal that has zero evolutionary 'software' for space can adapt so quickly, if you watch their back legs they almost look how humans adjust to space with small push-offs and using their front paws for locomotion. humans are in the same boat evolation wise but we have a little more going on up top.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace

www.youtube.com...

vimeo.com...

I actually took perverse pleasure in watching them fail so hard.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace

www.youtube.com...

vimeo.com...

The most epic question ever... followed by the most epic answer.

This is a moment, that should be immortalized.

Soviet Union: "We have put dogs in space... beat that!"

United States: "Hold my beer, we've got a cat to catch!"
edit on 18-4-2019 by madmac5150 because: Cat juggling in space... that would be simply awesome...

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 01:54 AM
link   
While most of the mouse crew is running laps, one of them is just sort of floating there. "Guys, there's something not right here. I'm telling you!"

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3
a reply to: wildespace

vestibular systems must be pretty active/accurate in cats.

Cats have a special way of twisting themselves to make sure they land on all fours. In zero-g, whatever surface is nearest to them they'll try to orient themselves towards it. That's the impression I'm getting.

Cat physics:

www.youtube.com...

P.S. apologies to all the mice for spamming this thread with cats.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Mice on a Space Station, starring Samuel L. Jackson...

"I want these m*****f**ing mice off this m*****f**ing space station!"

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I wonder why NASA chose to tall those 'mice'. They are definitely (anatomically at least) rats hahahaha

Not mice at all.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join