It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Notre Dame Cathedral to be REBUILT as Multi Cultural Center Christian Faith being disassembled

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Yeah even better ideas, first we need to eradicate sexually transmitted diseases then we can congregate and do our bit for the NWO by creating the new sandy brown skinned, big headed humans...... Am up for it I'm a bit Paley waley and too scared of the sun to do anything about it.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82
Those that studied science discovered how the universe works. We now know that thunder isn't the product of angry gods. We know that the stars aren't gods but actual objects. We know that there is no sky city above us but space. In fact, if the church had had its way we'd still be in the dark ages. Nice try though.

edit on 18-4-2019 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Hmmmmm. To feel bad about a very expensive, and pretty big monument built to reach God so he can hear the prayers, while Jesus was born in a farm with animals and was pretty much a hood rat. Or not...hmmm.

Or to be put on fire pyre by the very serious....hmmm.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
In fact, if the church had had its way we'd still be in the dark ages.

That's not actually true. The Christian church of the past has resisted science which challenged theological belief at the time, as it has resisted non-conformity of belief. Society evolves and the church has shown that it cannot slow that evolution and Protestantism is a case study that shows that change. That's why we are where we are.

Compare countries with Christianity with other beliefs and cultures and you get an interesting thing. No stagnation. There's been no stagnation because the church has learnt to change and adapt with the time. The church has evolved with society, and society has evolved with the church.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

Don't worry man...

thessalonians 2 3-4

It's all in the making

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Hey no worries I dont believe in any particular religion and Im not religious in any real sense , but I do feel there is something more , but thats from my own investigations not objective , but from subjective states of consciousness!

I posted a video in another thread about the earth being 6000 years old , and the video is about the history of the universe and a timelapse into the future of our universe to complete entropy death!
at around 28mins 18 seconds Michio Kaku speaks about entropy death and advanced civilisations would know about this and so seek to avoid entropy death by creating a new universe and entering it where the entropy is low in an infant state. They would do this using an atom smasher similar to what the Large Hadron collider is for , but using much more power enough power to create a new universe!

So their prime directive is to continue life in a multiverse and create new universes which could be preferable to life much like our universe where the physics is just right to allow for life on rocky worlds close to their host star.
So any species advanced enough to create a new universe would or could be considered god as their scientific understanding would make ours look like a infants stick man compared to Da Vincis Vitruvian man or greater!

So maybe god or what we percieve as gods are really just an ancient civilisation that managed to create a multiverse to propagate life maybe they themselves are long extinct but their DNA perhaps lives on in life on earth and maybe elsewhere, and we have a bunch of creation stories handed down by myth !
Also in the multiverse maybe there are regions much like the goldielocks zone of a solar system which are ripe for life to flourish as in a pocket in multiverse space where the physical properties of that region are good for life to flourish!
in other pockets in a multiverse the laws of physics may be complete chaos and too hostile for life !

also just to add many scientists made their discoveries because they were religious or felt some spiritual connection with the world around us!
Human conciousness and the exploration of it through spirituality allowed humanity to look inward and to reflect on the external , in early humans in shamanic practice they were practically the first scientists , the botanists , the geologists , doctors!
I think that many would agree there is something much more too this which we cant see or explain but we feel it !
we have all these explanations and theories none quite sufficient to explain the majesty of it all
Like how bootsy collins and james brown Funk on the One , its the thing which just is !
Similar to how David Bohm explains in wholeness and the implicate order that all things are connected and are part of a whole !

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Meh. It's far past time for Christianity (and religion in general) to fade away. It's caused nothing but death and chaos for millennia.

Just when the Rain Dancers (climate religions) were starting to catch on again.

Religion won't go away, religions will, but religion itself is as strong as ever.

People have more faith than ever really. Just take Al Gore's word for it like everyone else does and buy a solar panel like your favorite priest of the faith tell's you to do, tithe to meet your carbon offsets, and salvation from a burning hot world will be collectively granted.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Everyone is acting like cultural appropriation hasn't been going on across the globe for thousands of years.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Yeah it's never provided anyone with purpose or meaning in life, no good values Amiright???

Let people have their beliefs like they let you have yours. The only thing that should fade away is ignorance like yours.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

a reply to: sapien82
Those that studied science discovered how the universe works. We now know that thunder isn't the product of angry gods. We know that the stars aren't gods but actual objects. We know that there is no sky city above us but space. In fact, if the church had had its way we'd still be in the dark ages. Nice try though.

Lol. WHat part of everywhere at everytime does the meme creator not get? God created everything and is everywhere and in all times past present and future.
Remember Science has at times also believed in the existence of things that were un proven before. A example is the HIggs boson AKA god particle.

We know how the universe works somewhat and not completely. ANd there are multiple dimensions,so who is to say that There Isnt a sky city in one somewhere? We also know that Gods time scale and ours differ alot. 7 days to God is billions or trillions of years to Us. I think God evolved us over time and just simplified it for early man to explain it.

Science has gave us alot of advances I agree,but its also not always 100 percent accurate on its findings all the time either.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   
The site of the burning of joan of arc and the templars - kharmas a b

That place has nothing to do with faith, it was ratty in 92 because they didnt care about it forever, now it's a thing...

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

originally posted by: StallionDuck

Looks like he has them over a barrel.

My conspiracy funny bone sure is itching since this blaze began. I just can't quite put my finger on the itch...

Anyone else have a feeling that something is amiss with this? The nagging feeling that something is coming?

Sure something is coming. The world is not standing still, it is growing more and more populated, the climate, for whatever reason is shifting it's effects on us, our technology is developing at an ever increasing pace and our world governments are in turmoil. Of course something is coming.

But as to that itch, I have found that it is best not to scratch at a small itch that cannot be well defined. Scratching an itch like that can exacerbate a minor irritation into a full blown paranoid delusion.

Cmon now... You can't tell me you don't have a conspiracy funny bone... and for the most part, just because I have one doesn't mean I go all tin hat. I'm more of a watcher and a discusser of events. My focus is way too

?!Squirl?!

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: StallionDuck

And we got plenty of those, huh?

Never! Never enough. How else will I stop from being bored out of my mind every day? Hobby you say? This kinda is one of my many hobbies. Some people like watching the History channel about the stars (me too) and some like coming to ATS to read some really cool, mysterious stories, theories and jump into a few arguments for the sake of entertainment. If you stop thinking about the "what If's", then you're getting too old and life has lost it's sparkle.

Never grow old!

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Nope. It's just you and the priest.

Man you're hilarious... Don't pat yourself on the back for that one.

Anyone else think that was a really stupid, baseless comment?

The closest thing to a clap I can come up with is a facepalm.

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe
I would love to see the comments here if this was a Murican monument...!

Like say, the statue of liberty? Nah, this would still hold more sadness for me than an idol based off of a mythological 'god'.

But, it's more than religion. It IS art. It's history. It is beauty. It's a wonderful work by the hand of man - based on the love they had for God and trying the best they could imagine to glorify God with the finest work they could achieve at the time.

It has many aspects, many faucets of purpose and beauty. Matter of fact, you don't have to be French, Catholic, White or whatever to admire it's beauty and history and feel the loss that came with the blaze.

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Christianity has to do something. A religion based on obedience to authority out of fear is only going too last for so long. People have to choose to have faith for the right reason.

Christianity is not a faith based on fear, the opposite in fact
It’s about relationship

The problem christianity suffers is people who think they understand but don’t
Take the headline on this post.

A burned down building, a church building becoming a multicultural centre, how is that an issue
It’s just someone, a non Christian probably, thinks it’s an attack on Christianity, how
Christianity does not teach obedience to authority out of fear.
That is what you think

I agree though I suppose the Fear of Hellfire! comes from more of the non denominational, baptist, pentecostal and other 'sects'. I'd say the same with Catholicism but only mildly because they tend to stick with the gospel most of the time and you're really taught not to be afraid of Jesus but love like him and understand his words to try to be a better person/believer. Now God on the other hand... you fear him with all your being because he is terrible, all powerful, someone you don't want to upset. Jesus forgives but slander the holy spirit and that's a brick you'll carry for the rest of eternity.

Having gone to so many different churches from a very young child all the way to my teens, I can say that even though I can hardly keep my eyes open during a mass, it's all the other churches that seem to make you fear every little step will take you straight to hell. They preach on Jesus' love but God will smack you down faster than you can say Easter Bunny, and it's always everyone outside of their group that are going to hell and only those within their group, giving money to build bigger and better churches will be lifted up in a glorious white light one day soon. I think they are the most confused when it comes to the word, citing only portions of scripture. I was taught that you can't bake a cake with only an egg.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing because the robes of Catholicism is not unstained with blood of millions of innocent, however, neither were kings, muslim, non believers and whoever else. Everyone.... Everyone is tainted one way or another. Power = Money = Death by their hands because someone is bored as hell or wants more power.

But yes... Something is coming but I don't know that I fear it. Maybe I'm just one of those crazy people that wish it would hurry. What's most crazy about it is, I don't know where I even stand when it comes to the graces of God. I might burn for all eternity or maybe there isn't even a hell or hell is personal, or whatever the hundreds of beliefs it could be here after. I'm not dumb enough to run towards it because I rather enjoy being alive, even though it can be really sucky at times but I would probably be one of those people laughing their butts off when it does come. Why? Oh so many answers.

I've rambled enough.

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Matter of fact, you don't have to be French, Catholic, White or whatever to admire it's beauty and history and feel the loss that came with the blaze.
I'm one out of three and the first two aren't it. Visited Notre Dame (as well as various other structures in France) five years ago with my daughter. Seeing video of the flames struck deep.

edit on 4/27/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Define a God, you say you know stars aren't Gods!
How could u know this, nobody knows and as matter of fact worship of the Sun as a God is something not only the Ancients done but what Jesus Christ is an analogy of. Is our Sun conscious? Is it the father and the son? Only a fool would claim not..... Why?

Because he might hear you.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

How about linking to some evidence to prove your statement??

Good one

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   

If you are correct it means that what Jimstone said straight away was right, in that if it got pulled down and rebuilt, it would mean that it was done by Macroon. Stone went on to say if it gets pulled down and rebuilt it would have a muslim flavour to it

Best be quick to get the pictures taken from inside the Cathedral afterwards as it shows that only a small portion of the roof burned and fell into the floor. Is so small a heap that even some of the candles were still burning.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join