It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Notre Dame Cathedral to be REBUILT as Multi Cultural Center Christian Faith being disassembled

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

No, sh#t happens..it happens every day!

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: TheJesuit

“Macron said Notre Dame will be rebuilt consistent with our modern, diverse nation. That should be setting off alarm bells.”

Notre Dame Mosque ?
Noooooooo!!!!!

I'm not religious so as long as they don't turn it into a McDonald's I'm fine.

When I went to Paris in the 90s apparently there was over 250 Mcds in Paris alone

Maybe the culprit was Le Ronald, I hope the building is recreated it was simply stunning timber beams and roof structure were amazing to view , as a joiner seeing such skills and craftmanship was fun, what we as a species choose to then 'pray' to is irrelevant as I have zero allegiance to any sky fairy.
It’s unfortunate when people see the Omniscient, Omnipotent. And Omnipresent Mind of God, the Creator of All that Is as a “Sky Fairy”. I hope that humanity sooner rather than later has a greater understanding.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Last I heard Notre dame was a church run by Catholics and as such the Vatican should
At for replacement the are worth trillions of dollars so money should not be an issue.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: KiwiNite
Now isn't it ironic after christians destroyed south and north american cultures? Hehe boi

I think you'll find that people destroyed those societies, and many happened to be Christians. In the case of societies like the Mayans - where mass human sacrifice went on - you could argue Christianity was a better alternative. The conquest of native cultures was not religiously driven.

Anyway, and to topic. The point about Cathedrals is to be impressive – but they are simply big churches. When many were built in the Middle Ages across Europe they were immense societal undertakings, arguably an order of magnitude more significant than building the pyramids. They were built for religious reasons, and were centres of administration - at least in England. They are tourist magnets precisely because they are impressive and beautiful buildings, as well as places of worship.

How the French will reconcile the politically correct need for multi-cultural diversity and Christian worship, alongside the need to attract tourists. Many tourists go to cathedrals because of the unique architecture and the history. They may not go to a building which is a fraud. Also, the French State who owns Notra Dame is secular, so that’s just going to complicate their decision-making process.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks
a reply to: Raggedyman

Its Inanna for me

A female goddess of sex and war, not really Jesus like is she?
Oh, she went to the underworld to make a trade or something

Yeah, she is just like Jesus or He is just like her, possibly the most stupid analogy I have ever made in my life

It’s funny how many stupid Christians I come across and the absolutely ludicrous things they say and believe but it’s nice to see it is balanced out by the other side and what you pagans believe

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: KiwiNite

originally posted by: TheJesuit
I Have NO Words ...a faith in its death throws and NO ONE takes action .... everyone just watches. Here's your Multi Cultural Enrichment - anyone?

But he didn't use those specific words but that's what he meant.... So yea that just happened

“Macron said Notre Dame will be rebuilt consistent with our modern, diverse nation. That should be setting off alarm bells.”

Thoughts ATS? ...........Are you Christians mad yet? Your faith is being systematically dismantled in the name of ----- oh wait.... too provoking lets rephrase that and call it multiculturalism .......

Yes i am . ok Roast away....

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
Posting work written by others

Now isn't it ironic after christians destroyed south and north american cultures? Hehe boi

Yeah I noticed all the refugees streaming into South America and those third world or developing countries, ironic?
Nah, you can’t see it

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 06:12 AM
link   

How can ones faith be dismantled if a church does not make christ or God !

as they are divine and holy and omnipresent

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 06:17 AM
link   

funny that notre dame was built on a roman gallo shrine to Jupiter and there is evidence there from the pillar of the boatmen!
Which has many celtic deities on the pillar

You christians are really just pagans!

as what has come first shall be last!

edit on 18-4-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Will Satanists be able to worship there?

You bet. I predict there will be a statue of a Baphomet in the new church.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   
If France will be funding the restoration... the Tax monies better be used for a broad spectrum of folks (as in a multi-cultural center)…
Rebuilding a Roman Catholic Icon for Catholics would be very specifically wrong...

just for the record -> rebuilding Islamic Mosques would also be against the rules of favoring a particular religion in the use of taxpayer funds by government

originally posted by: starviego

Will Satanists be able to worship there?

You bet. I predict there will be a statue of a Baphomet in the new church.

the 'church' area will be separate from the rebuilt 'multi-culture' areas...otherwise the Satan Statue would be considered Blasphemy against the Catholic Religion
edit on th30155558945118102019 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu
And humans invented religion because they didn't understand how the universe works.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

No need crisis over build a cinema complex and foodcourt, they managed to get a 360 vr movie done just months before the fire, we can sit in the new MCDs with our VR headset on and it be just like a fire was never there, in fact make it burger king then the lingering burnt smell will blend in nice with flamed grill burgers BBC
edit on 18-4-2019 by ManyMasks because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

they managed to get a 360 vr movie done just months before the fire

Indeed they did and very impressive it is too , kinda makes you realise what's been lost.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Nice, cheers... I only know how to put YT videos up:

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
a reply to: Teikiatsu
And humans invented religion because they didn't understand how the universe works.

but the ones who looked further inwards discovered spirituality and discovered how the universe works

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit“Macron said Notre Dame will be rebuilt consistent with our modern, diverse nation. That should be setting off alarm bells.”

If true sounds like an excellent idea
France has been diverse for many many years, especially the Abrahamic three. Why not make the first place of worship relevant to all three Abrahamic religions, they are all the same anyway being the religions of the west, indeed long before there were any Catholics in France there were Jewish communities preceding them by a thousand years, the Muslims too are an integral part of France and many living there did the French military dirty work before being saved by the motherland.

Good on Macron

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

funny that notre dame was built on a roman gallo shrine to Jupiter and there is evidence there from the pillar of the boatmen!
Which has many celtic deities on the pillar

You christians are really just pagans!

as what has come first shall be last!

Yeeeah not really surprising because
I live in Australia and know nothing of Notre Dame, burials, pagans Galloway shrine or Jupiter

Nothing of Catholicism.
My faith is in Jesus, the Jesus who died for my sins
I am sure you and yours can find a tenuous link but I don’t see it
Jesus is not paganism, sorry

Prove otherwise, I am always learning

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

That's no fair what about Buddha, and all those Hindu Gods, not to mention the more esoteric and Occult deities, I say build gargoyles and representations of the Sun and err, aye just build it the exact same then...

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

That's no fair what about Buddha, and all those Hindu Gods, not to mention the more esoteric and Occult deities, I say build gargoyles and representations of the Sun and err, aye just build it the exact same then...

Yeah sure why not totally agree....................... Everybody should pray in the same house rather than dividing up. Great idea MankMasks and totally on the button to a better united world

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Even more so integartional and an answer to the decline in Christians visiting houses of worship we can recommend they turn part of Notre Damme into a huge pub, make the pulpit the DJ and decks zone and throw in a massive dance floor. That will bring the punters in

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join