It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Soggy Dogs Tale , Bedraggled Pooch Rescued 135 miles off the coast of Thailand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   
It's thought that either the dog's owner threw his stick a little to far into the ocean or the dog fell from a fishing boat but workers on an oil rig spotted the exhausted pooch paddling near their drilling platform 135 miles out at sea , with a little encouragement from the rig workers the dog paddled toward the rig and eventual safety.
He's been named Boonrod which is Thai for "the saved one" or "survivor".

Here's a video of Boonrod and his rescuers , probably the luckiest dog alive.

Bet he won't do that again.

More Pics of Boonrod's rescue
edit on 17-4-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Saw this on another forum, took a few hours before I clicked because I hate seeing animals suffer. This dog is a determined pup...

Once I clicked..
I had a very heart broken Cry.
I'm tearing up now😢😢😢
so far out and survived.
WHO'S CUTTING ONIONS😢😢😢

edit on 17-4-2019 by Bigburgh because: EDIT FOR FEELS😢😢😢😢😢

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

135 miles out to sea? Poor pup must be exhausted, it’s scary to think how long it might have been out there.

I’m glad the little guy is safe and yeah, I bet he won’t be that eager to swim anywhere anymore. Probably had enough of that for one lifetime.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Same soft spot here mate , luckily for him the sea was calm and he was spotted by the workers otherwise he would just have disappeared into the ocean without anyone noticing , he must be watched over by a doggy Angel.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Still in tears..
Yes he must have a guardian angel. So far out and sharks and.... I don't want to think about the what if's😔
Thanks for posting Gortex...

Doggo lives. 😢🤗🤗🤗🤗

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Read this yesterday, and thought what an amazing tail/tale! (get it, tail!)
So glad he was saved and returned to land.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Out of the wok... into the ocean...

Sod’s law.

/dark humour off.

Lucky pup.

Lags
edit on 17-4-2019 by Lagomorphe because: Humour off

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
There are many heroes still left on earth. So glad that this innocent life was saved.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   
WOW. Dogs don't live too long swimming because they cannot rest and float with their nose out of the water. They have to keep paddling to keep their head up.

That doggie is heroic.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Boonrod Update.

The worker who rescued Boonrod has now decided to adopt him plus Boonrod has his own facebook page set up for him so watch out Angry Cat ... there's a new dog in town.

Boonrod was brought to Songkhla province to be under a vet's care and is said to be recovering. His sad eyes, clearly visible exhaustion and quiet appearance pulled at the hearts of many who followed the rescue.

Boonrod will enjoy a new life, as the Chevron worker who rescued him has decided to adopt him.

His Facebook page is now full of drawings and paintings of him made by his followers.
www.straitstimes.com...

edit on 21-4-2019 by gortex because: link

new topics

top topics

join