It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ilhan Omar / So why is Iran hijab protester Vida Movahedi sentenced to a year in jail?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Iran hijab protester sentenced to a year in jail

A shout out to Ilhan Omar. So here is an educated women in Iran who did not want to wear her traditional hijab. So this religion of "peace" motivated this terriorist country of Iran to send her to jail for one year as she was found guilty and convicted of "encouraging corruption and debauchery" for not wearing her modesty "brand". Think about it.

A hijab (/hɪˈdʒɑːb, hɪˈdʒæb, ˈhɪdʒ.æb, hɛˈdʒɑːb/;[1][2][3][4] Arabic: حجاب‎ ḥijāb, pronounced [ħɪˈdʒaːb] or Egyptian Arabic: [ħeˈɡæːb]) in common English usage is a veil worn by some Muslim women in the presence of any male outside of their immediate family, which usually covers the head and chest. The term can refer to any head, face, or body covering worn by Muslim women that conforms to Islamic standards of modesty. Hijab can also refer to the seclusion of women from men in the public sphere, or it may denote a metaphysical dimension, for example referring to "the veil which separates man or the world from God."[5] In the Qur'an, hadith, and other classical Arabic texts the term khimār (Arabic: خمار‎) was used to denote a headscarf, and ḥijāb was used to denote a partition, a curtain, or was used generally for the Islamic rules of modesty and dress for both males and females.[6][7][8][9] In its traditional form, it is worn by women to maintain modesty and privacy from unrelated males. According to the Encyclopedia of Islam and Muslim World, modesty in the Quran concerns both men's and women's "gaze, gait, garments, and genitalia."[10] The Qur'an instructs Muslim women to dress modestly.[11] Some Islamic legal systems define this type of modest clothing as covering everything except the face, hands up to wrists, and feet.[5][12] These guidelines are found in texts of hadith and fiqh developed after the revelation of the Qur'an but, according to some, are derived from the verses (ayahs) referencing hijab in the Qur'an.[10] Some believe that the Qur'an itself does not mandate that women wear hijab.[13][14] In the Qur'an, the term hijab refers to a partition or curtain in the literal or metaphorical sense. The verse where it is used literally is commonly understood to refer to the curtain separating visitors to Muhammad's house from his wives' lodgings. This had led some to argue that the mandate of the Qur'an to wear hijab applied to the wives of Muhammad, and not women generally.[15][16] In recent times, wearing hijab in public has been required by law in Saudi Arabia (for Muslims), Iran and the Indonesian province of Aceh. Other countries, both in Europe and in the Muslim world, have passed laws banning some or all types of hijab in public or in certain types of locales. Women in different parts of the world have also experienced unofficial pressure to wear or not wear hijab.

Really. Well lady I listened to your entire speech at the CAIR California 4th Annual speech "advancing justice" on April 19, 2019. Throughout her speech she mentions Muslim and Islam as being all about peace several times and said that; "I am Americas hope and the Presidents nightmare". Actually in my opinion you are a nightmare for all women on a global scale and a nightmare for the United states. But the trouble is our MSM has got your back. Your push for this peaceful religion is nothing more than a bully strategy. A similar tactic that was used by the Nazis in World War II so as to move forward the genocide agenda of millions in Europe.

Why I say so is have any MSM reported out on Vida Movahedi? Because actually the story first broke on 14 April 2019. Well I did a Google this morning. You know the righteous Google who cares about all of us. Really. No not really and that why I attached two links of which one is from Israel and another from Asia!

www.jpost.com...

asianews.it...

www.thehindubusinessline.com...
PTI Tehran | Updated on April 14, 2019 Published on April 14, 2019

She took her traditional hijab off her head and held it aloft on a stick in protest. Now, Vida Movahedi has been sentenced to one year in an Iranian jail for her act during the dramatic protests during the winter of 2017 - 2018. The young woman's lawyer, Payam Derafshan, confirmed to AFP news an earlier statement he made to Iran's IRNA state news agency that his client was convicted of "encouraging corruption and debauchery" for breaking the law requiring women to wear the traditional headscarf. This was not the first time Movahedi had engaged in protests and her act was imitated by several other young Iranian women who also face criminal charges for going bareheaded in public. "The judge was very sympathetic to the fact that Ms. Movahedi has a two-year-old daughter and that she had not had a political motive for her actions," Derafshan told AFP.

www.youtube.com...

Rep. Ilhan Omar Speech - 4th Annual Valley Banquet 2019 | CAIR-LA

And you watched lots of people get shipped off to the death camps? “I was 14 years old. That’s when my character was made. That one should think ahead that one should understand and anticipate events and when one is threatened. It was a tremendous threat from evil. It was a very personable experience of evil”. By Goerge Soros, 60 Minutes interview by Steve Croft 11-17-98

I agree with you George. Any religion can become radicalized by others. Our founding founders knew this and one should think ahead as the end justifies the means in hearing Ilhan Omar's mind. Listen to her and decide for yourself and ask her why she has no support for Vida Movahedi.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

yea, Omar should fly to iran and free the protester, otherwise she's a hypocrite.

their country and laws are their affairs no? maybe we can bring a little freedom and democracy to them, like we've been doing to every small defenseless countries (never the big one!).

because she's Muslim she needs to interfere with the laws of other countries...

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Well lady I listened to your entire speech at the CAIR California 4th Annual speech "advancing justice" on April 19, 2019.

4-19-2019 in a world that is currently at 4-17-2019

Time traveler for sure.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
All religions have violence in them. Religion has been used as an excuse for all kinds of Bull#.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Thanks for pointing out the obvious typo. I correct my mistake as the conference was held on April 9, 2019. Now. So how does Representative Ilhan Omar say that CAIR was formed in response to 911. That's as in September 11, 2001 when the CAIR web page [screenshot] attached says they formed in 1996. A mere slip up. I think not.

edit on 17-4-2019 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

yea, Omar should fly to iran and free the protester, otherwise she's a hypocrite. their country and laws are their affairs no? maybe we can bring a little freedom and democracy to them, like we've been doing to every small defenseless countries (never the big one!). because she's Muslim she needs to interfere with the laws of other countries...

So why is she sticking her opinions into Palestine and Israel all those South American Illegal Aliens yet she doesnt call out thise South American countries for reform. Nah not on her agenda which is overthrowing the United States. You seem to be a hypocrite. No?
edit on 17-4-2019 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

The media will never ask her any questions about her religion. Like slavery, women's rights, homosexuality...

But it's all they every talk about with Pence.

Republican's "war on women" is a media slogan.

Meanwhile Islam actually has a war on women and it goes ignored.

Hypocrisy.

Double Standards.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   
OP am i missing something? Did Omar come out against Vida? Also, islam nations are terrible. But it sounds like your condemning all muslims as lesser beings.

Trump heavily supported saudi arabia. Yet, that's okay because hes not a muslim?

Anyway, interesting story of protest.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

yea, Omar should fly to iran and free the protester, otherwise she's a hypocrite.

their country and laws are their affairs no? maybe we can bring a little freedom and democracy to them, like we've been doing to every small defenseless countries (never the big one!).

because she's Muslim she needs to interfere with the laws of other countries...

I sort of agree with you here.

Look, I find the social justice or feminists types ignoring abuses in these Islamic countries to be ridiculous.

But I do think you could say Islam is a great religion and an ncident across the world doesnt disprove that.

In the same token, I dont think a poerson saying how great catholocism is should be called if a priest across the world does something bad.

Now I personally have way more problems with islam than I do with christainity, and have no problems calling them out.

I just dont see how this incident proves Omar did something wrong. perhaps this warrants asking Omar what she thinks of this incident and getting her reaction. Until then I dont judge her for it.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Isn't it about one's actions and not what religion you are? Pence and Omar both get crap for their religion.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Based on her mannerisms during her speech she seems like a radical in my opinion. Oh so the rest of us never experienced racism? F her. My Grandfather was a white guy who had to use a different last name so he could get hired in this country. He was born in the USA. Served in WWI and retired in his 80's as a Chief Design Engineer. My father also changed our last name for the same reason before he entered the work force and I have kept it. Yet she runs around as this is something "new" and its only because they are Muslims. Beesheet. We all have gone through it and were white people; German, Polish, Italian, Jewish, Greek, etc. She also mocked other religions in her speech and her husband. I thought that was odd.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Until then I dont judge her for it.

I agree. What about Trump and Saudi Arabia though? We clearly know his stance on that and no Republicans here seem to care. Very hypocritical.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Agree with you on all counts. The key issue here is whether she ever mentions the situation of Vida Movahedi. Since USA MSM is quiet on it I will assume that she will be also. But lets wait and see I agree.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Unfortunately the world is not a very safe place and it boils down to the lessor of all evils with respect to Saudi Arabia.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Well I was unaware that she also commented on the Notre Dame fire. Just found out about it here. So just some pictures and artifacts? Huh?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just like when ISIS was destroying all of the those artifacts in Irag. Terrible!

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Until then I dont judge her for it.

I agree. What about Trump and Saudi Arabia though? We clearly know his stance on that and no Republicans here seem to care. Very hypocritical.

I care.

How about vetoing the bill to stop support for bombing yemen; I care about that as well and thinks its terrible by trump.

I do not let my political party allow me to overlook when people I support do things I disagree with.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

Well I was unaware that she also commented on the Notre Dame fire. Just found out about it here. So just some pictures and artifacts? Huh?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just like when ISIS was destroying all of the those artifacts in Irag. Terrible!

Ni I dont think her comments about notredame are worth calling her out for either, as I said on that thread.

One of the things I dislike about many democrats is their proclivity to become outraged about every little comment or lack there of. I do not wish to join them, and therefore dont want to see republicans doing it as well.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Yea, but we certainly can't pretend to hold higher moral ground when supporting saudi arabia then. We can't say were not murderers and despise murderers, but at the meantime support a serial killer who promises to maybe not kill us.

Where was the outrage on ATS when trump defended saudi and only cared about giving and getting money from them?

Yet now there is outrage for Omar on th hings she has yet to say or were unclear. The priorities here are just whack.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Well that's great then.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Who says that the USA is a bastion of higher moral ground. Were not and are ranked around 121

The US Doesn’t Make List of Top 120 Safest Countries in the World

thepointsguy.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join