It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you Tampa Bay!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

"O" got thrown out of game six at the end.
Caps defense was bad.
We'll see game seven....good news is both teams won all their home games.

GO, CAPS!!!!!!
GO, BLUE JACKETS!!!!!
GO, SHARKS...esp for beating L.V.!!!!!!!!!!

edit on Wed Apr 24 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Seeing Vegas get put out was the good news this morning!!

No more Tampa Bay, no more Las Vegas Knights and the Leafs are gone...I sure didn't see that coming in the first round.

I sure hope Washington isn't next?

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Don't forget the Penguins are also playing golf!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Wow the Knights are toast.....it took some strange events for that to happen but it did indeed happen(I think they were jobbed on the 5 minute penalty because Pavelski forced the situation by trying to turn his injured face away from the ORIGINAL developing action without turning his body---but he HAD TO TURN HIS BODY BY PROXY and when his body followed his head he twisted himself to avoid facial contact and ended up throwing himself over another players knee)....the bookies must be loving this in Vegas,what a weird year....and the best is yet to come!!!

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I don't know how I forgot that??

Didn't see that coming either.

Go Caps Go!!

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

At the most it should have been two two minute penalties. That five minute major totally cost Vegas the game. Sure they tied it up but after that penalty all momentum had been lost. Which also shouldn't have happened but it's hard to overcome bad calls. Just ask the Saints.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher

At the most it should have been two two minute penalties. That five minute major totally cost Vegas the game. Sure they tied it up but after that penalty all momentum had been lost. Which also shouldn't have happened but it's hard to overcome bad calls. Just ask the Saints.

I take issue with the League on a bigger platform on this one....Pavelski had a defining impact on TWO CRITICAL STANLEY CUP GAMES....he and his Club USED HIS INJURY TO GAIN UNFAIR ADVANTAGES...and it cost Vegas the series IMHO.

I agree a 2 minute for roughing....or crosschecking...or interference....but that's it.

Pavelski should not have been on the ice.....he because of his injured state and its circumstances drew 2 penalties that never should have happened.

In a game 7 it is more than a bad call...it is dereliction...enough checks and balances have been put in place to not have this happening....but it still happens... anything over 2 minutes should be reviewable.There is no way on review that call stands.

To me a bigger question is why Vegas did not pull Fleury or have some "equipment issue " or something just to slow things down on that huge extended PP especially after they scored the second one.

I don't find it exciting when the NHL screws the pooch during the Playoffs...to much is at stake....its not acceptable...its on Bettman who is ready to be moved on IMHO.

In my mind the entire Playoffs are screwed up now...a CHEATING TEAM is in play....a NON-DESERVING TEAM is in play....the Stanley Cup could now be won by a Team that was eliminated in my eyes....the NHL Officials ruined 2018/2019 IMHO.

That was no fantastic comeback by the Sharks...they were DOMINATED...it was a sickening misjustice....it IS A MISTAKE....it is on the NHL and Bettman now.

Every massive upset was LEGITIMATE to me until the Knights got jobbed completely.

This was looking to be one of the most exciting unpredictable NHL Playoffs in DECADES.....now it is a #e-show because of blatant Officiating dereliction.

You think I want to see a REAL CINDERELLA TEAM LOSE NOW TO A TEAM THAT IS A REFEREES PLANT?????....nope sorry....you can have the entire season back now...all of it...when you piddle in the Punchbowl like that the Party is OVER.

The NHL has had a recent much needed resurgence....the League is pulling away from current managements abilitys in my mind....it has outgrown the Bettman era....League management has to change AS MUCH AS THE GAME ITSELF HAS....and this has not happened...the Bettman group is now far out of touch.The game is being held back now by changes Bettman made,things have to be REDACTED...yes....redacted…. we have to replace some of the critical things Bettman removed from the game...things that were supporting an offensive exciting fast skilled NHL.... this includes fighting and basic rules his group screwed with.

I am done...with the rant and with the tainted NHL Playoffs.

The Sharks are over-done....its sad watching them....and even worse when you see them elevated by derelict Officiating to ANOTHER PLAYOFF ROUND.I am pretty sure this is not how Jumbo envisioned his best chance to win a Cup....the wrong way...after an entire career of doing things the right way....like I said its a sad commentary on how far Bettman will be allowed to drag the NHL before someone 86es him.

www.msn.com...

Its worse than an embarrassment...it is a travesty.....it is a redflag that it is time for serious change within League management.
edit on 24-4-2019 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Wow!!!

The Caps go down as well!!!

This was a crazy first round, another first too!!

www.cbc.ca...

It's the first time in NHL history all four division winners were eliminated in the first round. Unlike Presidents' Trophy winning Tampa Bay, which got swept, or Western Conference top seed Calgary that got bounced by Colorado in five games, this was right there for the Capitals with a series lead and a two-goal advantage in Game 7 before it slipped away.

Is someone putting stuff in the water??
What the heck did I just witness??

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I could NOT believe it went to double overtime.
We watch tonight, so ....

Watched Toronto game 7 last night...DVRs are wonderful
....the Leafs played well it seemed to us, but for a couple of errors near the net. They could have won if not for the sloppy plays....felt like we were watching something the Wings do way too much.

Impressed with Boston's fourth line!!!!!!!

GO BOSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Okay, I know more about that incident and the penalties given.
Would you say the same thing if the Sharks had not scored, or had not scored as many goals?

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Okay, I know more about that incident and the penalties given.
Would you say the same thing if the Sharks had not scored, or had not scored as many goals?

Yes, first look it was clear what happened because I had already had my eye on Pavelski after he turned the first game with his drugged up antics...injured players with faceguards and or shots of painkillers howoever they parse them have a different impact on the game and can get away with things that can turn games.Both players involved in the original collision were wearing facegear….it was clear the played initiating the hit was AWARE of Pavelskis injury and kept his stick down at chest level....it was equally clear that Pavelski made an instinctive reflex pullback turning into a twist to avoid facial contact with the incoming stick/hit....this self-administered action in mid-hit threw his body into a contorted position upon which point he encountered a collateral player whose actions will not be judged because he was an involuntary participant.Therefore his head hitting the ice and injury occurring were NOT part and parcel of the original hit and were to an accountable degree a result of his attempt to AVOID further damage to his face,they were coincidental actions connected to his second out of control contact with a non-involved player who was also forced to react on instinct.

Refs know if they simply delay their calls or confer for a few minutes the instant replays come up on the clocks...and they can auto-correct even if the League doesn't have replay protocals available to them.

I was harping about Pavelski the game he was injured in, because he has an immediate impact on the game that was MEASURABLE ...AFTER...he was injured and repaired...faceshield and painkillers or whatever it is they give them jacked him up incredibly,and yes it was clear to see that he began running around recklessly....just like he did in the final game.

Yes,I was already on top of the Pavelski situation and would have been harping goals or no goals and I believe rules need to be changed because we have seen this result many times when guys return from injuries JACKED RIGHT UP and immediately impact games positively for their team.Even Pavelskis drunken stumble in the game he was hurt in caused a penalty to his opponents,this is dimply not fair,these guys have to be benched when they are injured and not jacked up then sent back out with an advantage no MATTER HOW SMALL IT IS.

As a former Amature Athlete who played injured and doped under what were called ACCEPTABLE MEASURES...lol...I know for a FACT it helps you immensely when you feel no pain....lol...clearly...when something hurts it deters you and courage becomes an issue....when you are numb its a free-for-all and you are filled with Pharmacutical-courage ,and really you endanger your own health as well to a great degree.
edit on 26-4-2019 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
....if you want to really clean up it will be Vegas vs CBJ in the final ....

How's that working out?

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'm hoping for St. Louis in the finals, and to win the Cup...they've never won, since the late 60s.
Barring that.....San Jose.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   

That wouldn't bother me, as long as Boston gets beat I'm happy.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join