It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEFEND THIS! Qatari academic in shocking vid explains how Muslim men should beat their wives

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Wow, I’ve been doing it wrong all of these years.

Seriously, abusing women is no joke. The video leads one to consider why would we open our borders to Muslims?

Because they're not all terrorists..

Only 1 in 5 are normal human beings...

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

Ummm...apparently...these muslim women like the treatment they receive...after all...they do remain steadfast in their beliefs and marriages...

They'll even marry their brothers...

So while good sense dictates that this barbaric behavior is best left in the seventh century...it's apparent the adherents of this particular cult prefer to remain bass ackwards…

So...why waste sorrow and angst on persons that choose to live under perversions yoke...

Apparently they like it...or they would leave their barbaric seventh century slavery behind...and go their separate way...

YouSir

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Apparently they like it...or they would leave their barbaric seventh century slavery behind...and go their separate way...

Joking aside, and to be fair.... Iran had women in bikinis and they were attending university (just a few decades ago)... But their government wasn't playing nice.

We've seen instances of secular governments in Islamic countries with western leading societies.

As someone pointed out, the other two Abrahamic religions went through growing pains, and the more extreme sects fought (and still so in minority numbers) for the change to slow.

We're only a few decades into our open society experiment with equal rights.
edit on 17-4-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

This is MSM on Fox news and this needs a serious conversation about their tactics, beliefs, & practices....

Because they are not a western country and have their own laws , beliefs and practices , not saying it's right but nor am I saying it doesn't happen in the west behind closed doors.

You seem to be on an anti-Muslim Crusade , Jesuit.
edit on 17-4-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Ummm...I stand by my hyperbole...

How many centuries do you think we'll have to wait...for them to...ahem...evolve...?

Besides...if the burka wearing womens wish to stay in their sitcheeations...and like it...who are we to judge...

Gotta say though...that example you posted should never hide under sack cloth...no sir...no way...

YouSir

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Islam today is worse than the USA in the 1800's, and worse than Christianity 3,000 years ago. Why anyone joins I have no idea.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

We don't have to wait for them to evolve, nor do we need to be concerned about how they live IMO... To me, they're not our problem. Aside from 9-11 which many speculate Bin Laden wanted to draw the US into a long war to weaken us as they did with Russia (seems to be working)... I don't see the region as a whole as a threat. I see it more of a threat the longer we meddle and occupy there however.

There are moderate Muslims though, maybe their proportions are different to moderate Jews and Christians... But there are certainly Jews and Christians who's ideas wouldn't fly with most of society.

At the end of the day, I don't really care what people choose to believe so long as it doesn't interfere with me.

But for those who are concerned with Islam, is our current operations doing anything to help? Or is it making it worse?

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Ummm...I'm sure that's what the people in Indonesia...and Mali...and Pakistan...and Somalia...and Iran as you mentioned...and Turkey...and Gambia...and Bangladesh...and the Philippines...

Before islam...said as well...

Yet here we are...not really caring...

YouSir

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The ONLY anti-muslim Im against is the archaic beliefs that Islam PRACTICES The core of Islam is actually quite nice belief in a single universal omnipotent god a utopia where everyone is on the same page... but the perversions within Islam in order to achieve that goal is what i take issue with, and I also take issues with some Christian practices as well - like the Vatican not taking a severe and swift stance or actions on the abuses within.

The nature of everything in the world is to grow change & improve. The Year is 2020 in just 6 months... Not the dark ages

Where do you see Mass Muslim outrage against these Practices? You don't, because they'll be murdered if they even CRITICIZE Islam. Think about that just for a moment.

A person should never be forced to come to God, but only come willingly with a loving & open heart all else is false....

a reply to: gortex

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   

But we can't stop people from believing something.

In efforts to try, we could-

A. Try to kill the extremists, the collateral damage will breed the next wave, possibly bigger than the first.

B. Try to make them jealous of our open societies.

Personally, I pick B, it's also cheaper... That and it doesn't look as bad as China's concentration camps.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Ummm...belief at the tip of a sword...convert or die...

Sounds like a winning plan to me...

Matter of fact...look at how many countries it's worked in...all of them...

Every Islamic nation converted at the tip of a sword...from Saudi Arabia to the Southern Philippine Islands...

Believe or die...It makes me wonder which one you would choose...

YouSir

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype

Fair enough, to be honest. As far as norms go..but still. The norms in all of Asia would have most people in the West scratching their heads especially those from the US.

True...I lived in Asia for 7 years, but Asia outside of the Middle East do not live with war lord mentalities and treat woman well outside the typical norm from what we would consider a somewhat modern nation would do.

As far as the treatment of their wives go? For one - every single young guy shares the same sentiment. Two wives? Sure I could have more than one, but what kind of manic could live with even two wives?

Not even that, but as example in a number of countries if a woman is raped then she is at fault for enticing the man. I could go on with 100s of other like examples, and this is why Muslims in general get such a bad rap even though western Muslims live within the norms that we all use.

If they immigrate - their children will be more and more unlike themselves. Those are the people who are least worrisome imo.

True, but we must deal with what is happening in the here and now too, and places like Sweden that has had an over population of immigrants with these extreme norms is not something that will be fixed any time soon, we are talking decades.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
So it's an intelligence issue, folks just aren't smart enough like you to see it's representative of SOME peoples views.

Great first point, you're smart others are dumb.

Being black or white isn't a religion btw, I would think someone as smart as you knows this? It's fair that one bad apple doesn't represent all, but it's not a defense for bad behavior... but you're so smart you already know that

a reply to: fallen1

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3 I wonder the same question myself, I mean it is written in their holy book exactly what their goals are exactly how they plan to achieve therm It clearly gives permission to lie to enemies, they even have a word for it,
The only reason they are here is because some idiots believe that the bill of rights applies to everyone it the world, so to be politically correct and oh so tolerant, they have committed this country to a course leading to national suicide.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Ligyron

And you think a matriarchy would be any less toxic?

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Our way is the right way.

Says everybody.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 11:44 PM
link   

And the Catholic Church has molested so many people that they have had to call low key summits to address the issue.

First of all, the Catholic religion does not advocate violence against wives. Second of all, the "molestation" has been increasing since the Vatican became more and more "Liberalized..." Pope Francis is an open communist who has been caught defending priests who have molested kids...

This isn't what absolutism. It is more like exposing the absolute #ing hard-ON that certain members here seem to have for habitually spewing their depraved fantasies through attempts at constant fear based propaganda.

Ohh, so it is only "fear based propaganda" when you have "feminists" like Linda Sarsour advocate in favor of female genital mutilation being legal in the U.S. alongside making Sharia legal as well?...

Do all Muslim do it, probably not, but when your faith advocates to treat women as being lesser than you, or dogs, when your faith advocates controlling your wife there is bound to be more people of that faith who beat their wives and dominate them to make them submissive any way possible.

edit on 17-4-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

Great first point, you're smart others are dumb.

Being black or white isn't a religion btw, I would think someone as smart as you knows this?

oooooo, so close almost made a counter point that might have shown I was wrong

Being black or white isn't a religion btw, I would think someone as smart as you knows this?

What I wrote was...

I could post a video of white person/black person or whatever person saying stupid schmidt and then tell people, see they are all bad.

...and never once equated race to a religion.
I used race as an example in my little "I could do this" scenario.

Still smarter than you at least.

edit on 18-4-2019 by fallen1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Has anyone bothered to watch the video?

As a woman, I fail to see how this form of admonishment is equal to what we in the Western World construe "beating".

Western visualizations of being beaten are much more violent.

Just saying, the entire video should be taken into context.

edit on 4/18/19 by GENERAL EYES because: fixed link

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

And I assume women in the Islamic world have the exact same right to 'admonish' their husbands, yes? And they won't be doubly-admonished for admonishing their husbands?

I'm taking the video in context - the context is that of a religious society where men can control women through religious scripture, which is deemed above moral an ethical law.

No matter how much someone tries to paint this as anything but oppressive and demeaning - it will always come out as exactly that: oppressive and demeaning to women.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join