It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela effect? New Animal species. Fig Wasps?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Mandela effect? New Animal species. More and more newly so called undiscovered species are found. I call BS.

Ever wonder why fruits are starting to cost more and more and more? Here is a huge example. Fig Wasps. Are they GMO bugs released(Monsanto)?

I have not seen Figs in the market for a long time, especially for cheap over the summers. Even wiki barely has information on them.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 16-4-2019 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Are you claiming the "Mandela Effect" is real? Or are you making fun of it (as it should be made fun of, since it is idiotic)?

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
Are you claiming the "Mandela Effect" is real? Or are you making fun of it (as it should be made fun of, since it is idiotic)?

I assume either Mandela Effect or GMO bugs. Could be either since the Gov has yet to take Monsanto to testify in US Congress like Zuckerberg.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

I've heard of fig wasps before. Welcome to my universe new meat.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   
The "SYFY" channel should jump all over this for future holiday programming...

"The Figgy Pudding Christmas Wasp Blizznado Massacre"...

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Well, have you seen these ants before?
Suici de ants

If not, welcome to someone else's world.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Well, have you seen these ants before?
Suici de ants

If not, welcome to someone else's world.

The ones discovered in 1916? That's not really new.. and certainly not mandela material.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   
No, this not a Mandela effect:

"

The world's oldest known example of a fig wasp has been identified from the Isle of Wight. Dating back 34 million years, the fossil wasp looks almost identical to the modern species, suggesting the specialized insect has remained virtually unchanged for at least that long.

When discovered in the 1920s on the largest island of England, the fossils had been wrongly identified as belonging to an ant. New analyses of the fig wasp specimens suggest instead they belong to a fig wasp.

"We believe from molecular evidence that fig wasps and fig trees have been evolving together for over 60 million years," said Steve Compton, a fig wasp expert at the University of Leeds in England. "Now we have fossil confirmation that gets us a bit closer to that date. Although we often think of the world as constantly changing, what this fossil gives us is an example of something remaining unchanged for tens of millions of years."

[...]

www.livescience.com...

edit on Tue Apr 16 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: EX tags and trimmed overly long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I think they have known of Fig wasps for a long time. I remember reading about them maybe thirty years ago. Don't worry, they are dead and rotted, they can't sting you. I hate figs and prunes, maybe that is actually why. I definitely do not like Fig Newtons.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap..."...
Mandela effect? New Animal species. More and more newly so called undiscovered species are found. I call BS.

Ever wonder why fruits are starting to cost more and more and more? Here is a huge example. Fig Wasps. Are they GMO bugs released(Monsanto)?
..."...en.wikipedia.org...

Monsanto GMO Wig Fhasps?
Mandellla effect?
How did we get here?
edit on 16-4-2019 by Nothin because: sp

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I used to love fig newton biscuits until I found out they have wasps in them lol
Put me right off!!

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 01:05 AM
link   

I have a fig tree. Fig wasps have always been around. Unless ive been mandella'd

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Lol!

I like that learning something new is considered Mandela Effect by the OP. Because of course they already know of everything in the world that there is to know, so finding new information must be some sort of sorcery.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I have known about this Fig Wasp at least 7 -8 years ago how is this a new species it kind of
grossed me out because I love figs.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 06:03 AM
link   

At least they're not Chew wasps.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Don't forget about the Cannabee, OP!

Rare Species of Bee to be Introduced Into Jersey (JEP)

A RARE species of bee, the Apis somnambulis, also known as the cannabee, is to be introduced to Jersey later this year to help pollinate the Island’s first crop of medicinal cannabis.

It is hoped that the introduction of cannabee colonies will also assist local experts in tackling Jersey’s Asian hornet problem.

Californian apiarist, farmer and horticulturalist Dr Buddy Ballantine, who will be advising industry and States representatives on establishing and maintaining the cannabee hives, said that the insects would have a calming effect on Asian hornets.

Serious stuff, 👍

edit on 17/4/2019 by MerkabaTribeEntity because: Fixed quote from article

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   

This is a case of "your trust in the internet to return the results you desired effect". Fig wasps are nothing new. Their absence from your preferred website for information is not evidence of a monsanto coverup.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

So before hearing about these fig wasps you were under the impression that you knew every animal species on the planet?

And now that you’ve heard of this one, your most logical conclusion is that you’ve been unknowingly transferred to a different universe?

Yeah makes perfect sense...
edit on 17-4-2019 by Quantumgamer1776 because: The voices

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Fig wasps have always been around. They give Fig Newtons their crunch.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

What? Dude, I grew up in an area that grew figs and yes, fig wasps are a real thing. They're not a figment of your imagination (see what I did there?) nor were they created by Monsanto.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join