It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders draws enthusiastic cheers in surprising Fox News town hall

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: EchoChamber

Also I don't tink fox was out to get bernie with this as that article suggests.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: EchoChamber
I still don't know why you don't care about Trump's taxes...

You can't really rail on Bernie's taxes if you don't force Trump's taxes...

You come across as hypocritical and (worse) stupid)...

So where's Trump's taxes?

Who are you directing that to, me?

Show me ever once clamoring to see Bernie’s tax returns

I didn’t need to see them to know he is a wealthy hypocrite

He owns sports cars and several expensive houses while he complains about the rich being terrible

If trump was constantly bashing the one percent, I also wouldn’t need to see his tax returns to know he was being a rich hypocrite

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Here's the town hall video for those that want to see for themselves. Sorry if it was already posted.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Bernie was smart to go on fox. All candidates should reach out to the other side.

Bill marher has been pushing all his guests to go on fox. And bernie was a recent guest.

Nice of foxs hosts to give Bernie a fair shake. Do you think CNN or MSNBC would do the same for trump?

Fox does look better than both of them in this case. I would love to see pence on msnbc.

Medicare for all may be popular for people. The current healthcare system sucks, I think Medicare for all will be a disaster. We shall see though.

If it's not medicare I think we all agree healthcare in this country needs an overhaul. It's going to be a main platform issue for both sides. What's nice is that when both parties are fighting to be the one to do the best job on an issue we all want then we the people come out better...I hope.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

I hear he is rich now, even has 2 houses so he can afford it right? pay up Bernie!!!

Bernie is in fact fighting to have HIS own taxes raised.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I slightly disagree with your point on healthcare.

I agree the current system is a failure and must be dealt with.

However, and I say this as a Republican, what the heck are the republican's suggesting to replace the current system with?

I think medicare for all would be a disaster, but at least its a policy suggestion. Now yes, bernie doesnt want to talk about how much it will cost, and where the money will come from.

But at least he is offering a plan. And although its not a plan I want to see implented, I respect the fact he is offering a plan, and I understand that many people, even republicans, will find that appealing over the status quo.

You are right if both sides offer plans there is a better chance the people will get something better for them.

Its time for the republicans to wake up and offer a plan for the disaster that is healthcare.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I hear he is rich now, even has 2 houses so he can afford it right? pay up Bernie!!!

Why does he need to fight? Whats holding him back for paying more in taxes?

Again, if being wealthy and income disparity is such a problem that needs solved, why dont wealthy people like bernie that claim that start by changing their personal life before demanding the government force other people to change.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Personally, I am curious why health service providers/hospitals are not forced to have all their costs listed? I go into any other service and I am advised of actual costs or additional fees if extras are added for my service requested or required.

Would not healthcare service costs become more manageable if they all are forced to be more transparent and competitive?

I would think that even insurance companies would find this more profitable as well.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Why would Trump supporters attend a Bernie Town Hall? They don't go out of their way to show up at a debate/town hall/rally of a candidate they don't like. Most of Bernie's talk was geared towards hating Trump. Annnnnd your OP lost credibility when you called Trump's campaign a hate campaign. That tired old crap has dried up and only the hardest left anti-Trumpers use it anymore because it's such a ridiculous thing to say.

It was good for Bernie to go on Fox, but it's safe to say the crowd wasn't full of Trump supporters.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   

However, and I say this as a Republican, what the heck are the republican's suggesting to replace the current system with?

I just assume they'll have some ideas soon. Trump keeps saying that he'll campaign about it for 2020.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I just assume they'll have some ideas soon. Trump keeps saying that he'll campaign about it for 2020.

Yeah but the republican leadership has basically told him to stop talking about it until after the election.

I may be a republican, but I wont hesitate to call them out when I think they are wrong, like in this instance.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Again, if being wealthy and income disparity is such a problem that needs solved, why dont wealthy people like bernie that claim that start by changing their personal life before demanding the government force other people to change.

Meh.
So their as greedy as the rest of us. Hard to judge them for this when I'm the same. And your the same. We are all the same.
But at least the thing bernie is proposing will directly affect himself. I'm not saying he's correct.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

You're talking about Bernie..?

Look.

That's what what I wanted.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Yeah but the republican leadership has basically told him to stop talking about it until after the election.

Your kidding?
That's a strange move.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   

You just have to believe him when he tells you he's just gonna tax the rich. Would a politician ever lie to you?

Would Trump lie to you?

I'm guessing that you have as much interaction with him as I do Sanders.

So, same thing. Don't hypocrite in the middle of people pointing hypocrite fingers.

Bad retort. Trump has never been a politician and he's delivered on more promises than any other president.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   

I like Bernie. I hope he wins!

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
he's delivered on more promises than any other president.

Finally.

Nice hat. Reminds me of when I didn't want one. doesn't matter.

Tell me how how he delivered.

I'm all ears.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Meh.
So their as greedy as the rest of us. Hard to judge them for this when I'm the same. And your the same. We are all the same.
But at least the thing bernie is proposing will directly affect himself. I'm not saying he's correct.

But i am a firm believer that before I force the government to change other peoples behavior, I change that behavior in myself.

And again, this shows that most likely many of these progressives that behave in hypocritical manners most likely would continue this hypocrisy when in power.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati
No matter how much Mr Sanders Paid in income tax President Trump has paid tenfold more over his lifetime. Mr Sander was unemployed until he was 40 years old, so he did not pay income tax for those years. Funny how math is killing Mr Sanders

So you're in the camp that Trump should release his taxes instead of suing his own people to prevent that?

www.politico.com...

What exactly are you looking for in Trump's tax returns?

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: thedigirati
No matter how much Mr Sanders Paid in income tax President Trump has paid tenfold more over his lifetime. Mr Sander was unemployed until he was 40 years old, so he did not pay income tax for those years. Funny how math is killing Mr Sanders

So you're in the camp that Trump should release his taxes instead of suing his own people to prevent that?

www.politico.com...

What exactly are you looking for in Trump's tax returns?

Well if he had any business in russia, obviously he is a russian stooge!

Or china, or any other country.

Thats how dumb this is.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join