It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incrementalism - A Slow Burn with a Big Bonfire at the End

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Social agendas that are forced on a population all at once can result in rebellion or even revolution. However, social agendas that are spoon-fed (incrementally) to a population over an extended period of time results in acclimatization and acceptance of those ideas, without a realization of what the ultimate goal is. As long as this is done under the guise of being something good or beneficial for the people, then there is usually little resistance to it from the bulk of the population.

Adolf Hitler was once quoted as saying "He alone, who owns the youth, gains the future".

This why children are the most targeted with regards to psychological manipulation, trends, technology, social movements, celebrity influences, etc.

Before I go any further, let me first say that I have no problem with the way that people choose to express themselves, through art, or otherwise. This is an essential part of freedom. The only caveat that I would add to that, is to express ourselves in a way that promotes no harm to others.

How do you get people to warm up to the idea of implanting technology into their bodies (that will be used in the future to control us in ways that will be beyond scary)? Do it incrementally.

In this video (linked below), Regina Dugan (managing director of DARPA at the time), talks about how cool it is to apply technology onto and into our bodies.

I thought this presentation was really creepy, not just because it's coming from DARPA and Google, but because it is being targeted specifically at the youth.

In the video, Regina Dugan, makes the following points regarding wearable and implantable technology:

* It's cool and trendy "everybody is interested in wearables"

* It's a way to get "superpowers"

* It's a way to be rebellious and piss off your parents

* You can conveniently ingest your "authentication" (control) technology. It's so easy (clapping from the audience)

At the end of the clip Regina says, just take the pill.

Here is the incremental road to total control, total loss of freedom, total loss of self and collectivism:

1) Get a tattoo, it's cool and trendy. All of the celebrities have one

2) Get a "wearable" (fitbit, apple watch, etc). You can "track" everything that you do, all day, every day

3) Get an electronic tattoo (get rid of that big bulky watch). Now you can wear tech directly on your skin all of the time

4) Take an electronic pill. What could be more convenient than that?

5) Get a brain chip. Now you can be connected all of the time without having to carry around a phone (and we can be connected to you all of the time)

6) And so on

Do a search on Amazon for "tattoos for children". You will get pages and pages of such products aimed at young children. Why did this trend suddenly explode about eight years ago? Perhaps this is one way to get children ready to accept the idea of putting something foreign on (or in) their body.

Just trust them.

* Trust us, it's just "temporary" (remember incrementalism)

* We would never use this technology to try and manipulate your brains or psychology (please see the post on 4/10/19)

* We would never use it to "stream" anything directly into your brain or body that is harmful (what do they stream at us today?)

* It will be totally secure. No need to worry about any security vulnerabilities, "update" glitches, or software/hardware backdoors like there is with present technology

* Regina Dugan has worked for DARPA, Google, and Facebook. These companies are of course completely transparent, value our privacy, and have never demonstrated a desire to do anything unethical. Google's "code of conduct" used to include the phrase "don't be evil" (from around 2000 to 2018). However, in 2018, they removed it from their code of ethics. Why was that?

Why will most people probably eventually adopt this technology, despite the drawbacks?

* It will be trendy. All of the celebrities will have it, and all of their friends will have it

* It will be so convenient and efficient (and probably less dangerous than looking down at your phone all day)

* Now that everyone is fully hooked into social media, once it transitions into a brain/machine interface, people will need to make the switch or lose their connections with "friends", their perceived self-worth and social status, and the addictive dopamine high that they are accustomed to

* Forget about old school controllers and bulky head gear, now you can play video games and control virtual reality right in your head. How cool is that?

* It will be needed to stay competitive in the workplace with others that have been chipped

* It will be needed to stay competitive in school with other children that have been chipped

* It will be needed to keep pace with the intelligence of the coming AI. But of course that AI will be benevolent, well programmed and will only "interface" with us in the most positive and beneficial ways. It will never see us as a threat, even if we come to see it as a threat

Video

Regina Dugan and Implantable Technology - www.youtube.com...

Links

DARPA – Information Awareness Office. Check out their creepy logo and stated objectives. Also check out DARPA in general and some of their other projects. en.wikipedia.org...

Stargate "Revisions". This episode illustrates quite well some of the potential pitfalls of "brain tech". www.imdb.com...

Mark Zuckerberg sells nearly 30 million shares of facebook (about 5 billion dollars based on today's stock price) to create CZI, an "initiative" that will study and develop brain/machine interfaces. Of course it will be for the benefit of the people (remember how incrementalism is sold to us). theweeklyobserver.com...

Elon Musk launches Neuralink, a venture to merge the human brain with AI - www.theverge.com...

The Road to Dystopia - pbase.com...

Strange Things - pbase.com...

The Bus Trip - pbase.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   
L.o.l

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
You're right. Children are the future. You're going to die off soon and take your paranoia of technology with you. Children will grow up accepting what they have. That's the way it works. Always has.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Which part do you find to be paranoia?

You did hit on the problem, however...people accept whatever the are given today, no matter how good or how bad it may be. Personally I don't think that becoming a robot drone/slave for someone else is a good thing. And I especially don't think that targeting children with various agendas is good.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sequence33

Good work, I am aged 72 years and for decades Have Thought, Felt and Seen exactly what you are saying. Governments do not act or plan for today, they introduce policies to spoil that time for those who so Elected them. They meanwhile read out scripts of their permanent background planners who indeed SET THE SCENE FOR 10 TO 20 YEARS AHEAD.

Industries were closed down and shipped out to East locations, Once nearly was completed, they then and still are, setting up a Western world in which oncoming generations will slowly rise into a New Western world that acts just as Russia and China did when one top dog clipped his boots together and everyone bowed their head. So Cheers, nice to know my thoughts are not isolated. Hope the Majority wake up.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   

No worries man there’s people like Schuyler
Who would be more than happy to give their first born for trial runs...

We can work out the capabilities and bugs on those test runs.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I don't know if anybody else actually read your OP but I did.

I have had to be dragged kicking and screaming into using whatever little tech I use now...I am terrified for the future of mankind because "everyone is doing it"

If we look at what "everyone" has done as a species for the last few thousand years...I don't want to add tracking devices and baby monitors to humans.

I don't trust any of this garbage, we can't be this gullible?

I hope kids(and adults) grow up knowing better than to do what "everyone is doing" and think for themselves...maybe even learn how to read a map and own an encyclopedia.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 05:25 AM
link   
There is a reason the tech giants make no bones about keeping their own children shielded from the bulk of new tech.

Unfortunately, we live in a world where they have convinced the majority to willingly hand over their DNA and put 24-hr self-reported surveillance in their homes and trackers on their wrists. They even just admitted they are listening and still no outrage.

Imagine kids growing up in this not knowing any better.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sequence33
a reply to: schuyler

Which part do you find to be paranoia?

All of it.

You did hit on the problem, however...people accept whatever the are given today, no matter how good or how bad it may be. Personally I don't think that becoming a robot drone/slave for someone else is a good thing. And I especially don't think that targeting children with various agendas is good.

You interpret those things as bad. I interpret many of them as good. Isaac Asimov was fond of telling the story about his immigration to the US as a young child from Russia. As he says, the Russian Revolution killed millions of people and could have killed him, but what has had more influence on humanity? The Russian Revolution or the telephone? You can't stop technology.

You see technology as bad because they might track you and you view tracking as bad. I see technology, even with children, as potentially a good thing. For example, an implant that can regulate insulin for a diabetic child. Most of your rant is just a political screed. It doesn't deal with the technology itself, just your typical "Government is bad" rant.

new topics

top topics

join