It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coincidence, or is the Universe trying to tell me something?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   
So... something really strange just happened to me. And to be quite honest, I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it. Very seldom can the universe throw a curveball at me and catch me off guard, as I'm usually able to make sense of everything in an instant. Yet here I am, absolutely dumbfounded as I try to make sense of this.

I mean, it's very possible I'm looking way too deep and It's actually nothing at all, but the more I try to convince myself of this, the more difficult it becomes to accept. It just throws me in an endless loop.

So let me first preface this by saying I'm not a special moon child with telepathic abilities (at least not that I'm aware of), nor do I ever receive signs or premonitions via my dreams. I'm more of the regular Joe type dreamer -- it comes and goes and is usually forgotten about by the time I open my eyes. Insignificant randomness, if you will.

But a few days ago, I had a very, very intimate dream about somebody I haven't seen in a very, very long time -- probably since our late teens, like 15 years ago. And even then, we were never close, never became real friends and I don't think we ever spoke to one another. We just had a lot of mutual friends and would occasionally cross paths. Knowing her name and her face was the extent of our relationship. So for her to randomly pop up in my dream is one thing, but for us to be physically intimate is another. I feel like a creep just typing this. I was probably 16 the last time I had a wet dream.

Nevermind the fact this isn't one of my typical dreams, or the fact she hasn't even crossed my mind in the last 15 years, at all, ever. At least I don't think so. She was all but completely forgotten about until she decided to show up.

Pretty odd and unusual, all things considered. But like all my other dreams, it came and went without a second thought.

And that's not even the strange part.

So today as I'm having lunch at the mall, guess who decides to sit down at the table next to mine? We looked at each other a few times before we both greeted each other like we were long lost friends. It was really weird. She was almost as surprised to see me as I was to see her. Mind you I never go to this mall, and she apparently lives a couple hours away and was only in the area for the day. Strange indeed. Long story short, we ended up having lunch together and decided to keep in touch.

Where this goes from here, I couldn't really tell you. Outside of my initial shock, I can't really say I felt a super strong connection like our meeting was supposed to happen by a chance of fate. I don't know, maybe I'm still trying to process it all...

One thing I do know, is how I'll approach this moving forward -- and that is to do nothing, for now. Because if this really was just a coincidence, then it is what it is. But if the universe has other plans for me, what is supposed to happen will happen.

I didn't put this into Relationships because I'm not really looking for advice. I just wanted to share this potentially paradigm-shifting experience of mine to see if any one else has experienced something similar.

And no, I did not tell her about the dream. I had to play it cool and pretend like I wasn't totally mind blown and shocked at what was happening.

I guess in due time I'll know what all of this means, if anything at all.

edit on 16-4-2019 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Yes, it means something. Sometimes the universe has to practically hit people over the head with a mallet before they believe something.

My son is very into the car scene. He loves cars, fixing cars, racing cars etc..
He sold his first car and bought several others along the way, but he always had a place in his heart for that first car.

Fast forward a year or two. He met a nice girl, was very smitten with her. Goes to see her car....

wait for it.............wait for it.................wait for it.

Yes, she somehow ended up with his first car. He couldn't believe it and even checked the VIN. Isn't it weird how things like that happen. I have to believe it is more than a coincidence.

Sorry not trying to be one of those people that has to top a story. I was trying to show that sometime things happen for a reason to guide us in a certain direction.

edit on 16-4-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Where this goes from here, I couldn't really tell you.

time to get horizontal dude

get some

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Do you wonder if she had the same dream?

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I don’t believe in coincidence. I open the door for a lady once, less than a year later we were married. We still are and that was 42 years ago.
Perhaps your friend is the one? Call it God, Karma, or the Universe, it looks like you have another shot.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

That's pretty wild. I'm actually a firm believer in everything happening for a reason, plus I don't usually believe in coincidences either.

But having said that, I'm having a difficult time trying to make sense of this. Hopefully time will tell..

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Tartuffe

Of course I wondered, but who knows. If she did, I'd think she would be just as reserved as I am in sharing that info.

It was really intimate, and probably borderline creepy if I'm the only one. I just don't understand why I would have this type of dream.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

It sounds like you weren’t very interested in her back when you knew her.

Are you now? Is she attractive to you? Good personality?

Keep in mind that karmetic relationships work both ways. You can have someone that you’re ‘supposed’ to meet. But that doesn’t mean you wish you met them when it’s all said and done. My ex wife is a prime example of this.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

It's hard to say. I've always thought she was pretty. I think a lot of women are pretty.

We only spoke for about 20 mins and it wasn't anything serious, typical catch up conversation. We did exchange numbers, though.

I'll probably give it some time to settle in my brain before I make a move, if I do at all.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Imagine how you'd feel if that sort of thing happened frequently.
edit on 16/4/2019 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: Tartuffe

Of course I wondered, but who knows. If she did, I'd think she would be just as reserved as I am in sharing that info.

It was really intimate, and probably borderline creepy if I'm the only one. I just don't understand why I would have this type of dream.

I wouldn't attach too much significance to it.

That being said, rest easy, old friend.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   

A social experiment on mind control/influencing peoples behavior without them knowing, getting them to go certain places, getting them to pass on messages/information without them even knowing that they're doing it. LOL!

Or, a kind of quantum entanglement.

Or it's just a coincidence. But a cool coincidence anyhow!

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Everyone is connected by tethers. Quantum entanglement. The more I live the more I believe that free will is a moot point.
If, you're on the right track then you will see synchronicity and 'coincidences" everywhere. But it's all synchronistic.
If you try and do something that goes against the grain, the universe (god matrix) makes it difficult for you.
If you just be who you are supposed to be, it all clicks.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

More proof that doing what you love to do pays off and if you love something, let it go be free.
Maybe it will come back to you one day with a hot babe inside.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   
There is more to Jung than meets the eye....

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Did you get her phone number? WTF????

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   
It's not a coincidence. Maybe she was remembered you after deciding she was going to be in town and somehow got linked to you. At that point you had the dream and that linked you two further. So somehow either you or her had some plan of being there and transmitted information to the other person. I often run into people after I am thinking of them, but is it my thoughts that brought me to them? I believe it is probable.

I actually know sometimes if my brother or friends are coming over, if I try to leave, everything goes wrong. Lots of other people I know have found the same thing happens to them on a regular basis. People are somehow subconsciously linked sometimes. I do not know how it works and am poor at controlling it.

I noticed years back that I would tell the wife something is probably in the making and it is on the news. How can that be? She was commenting I must be good at predicting things. I do not think that was the case though. Someone in a different timezone saw the news an hour before it was on our TV or maybe someone I know at the TV station knew it and I knew them. It was not a coincidence that I was saying something that was going to be on the news almost an hour later.

If you knew how to control this connection, you could have really good foresight and depending on who you were connected to, you could actually make a lot of money. Insider trading on the stock market through this kind of link would be great and I am sure that it does occur. People might research a company because they had an inkling and buy stock even though nothing seemed to be going on. Someone knew the price was going to jump up and you hacked into their mind.

Some people have the midas touch, everything they do turns to gold....think about that.

You have to tell her about your weird dream OP, but wait till after you have begun dating, learn if she actually has feelings for you first, or it could get really weird.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Quantum entanglement is a very interesting perspective.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Hi my friend!

I agree with Lou, that if it is a coincidence, it's a very cool one, and could be there's more to it (but you might never know for sure).

I love when life serves up these mysteries though. I wish you the best!!!!

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   

The universe works in mysterious ways.

Two nights ago I was walking home and saw a white kangaroo staring at me, motionless, I thought that was weird-and then further down the road I found a dead rodent of some kind and did a han solo thinking 'i have a bad feeling about this'

Two hours later, a neighbor assaulted his girlfriend and the aftermath resulted in a kerfuffle with broken glass, furniture everywhere...

I never really believed in omens, but I swear that was one.

<<   2 >>

join