It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow. Just wow.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This Marine has conviction to meet his goal, funny how the "partcipation trophy winners" deride this. The lack of integrety is very telling.

Semper Fidelis

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

The lack of integrety is very telling.

(integrity) People see things differently, we don't all have to feel the same.

I and Family Members have done things that are as difficult for other reasons in our lives.
I don't judge others decisions I simply have my opinion about it.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   
He is a vet. He was trained to deal with pain if he needed to. I think it is an admirable gesture even though it was not too smart. At his age, I would probably not quit either, I would have got over that finish line if I had to hop the rest of the way on one foot.. I wasn't the smartest cookie when I was in my twenties either, seems that that twenties decade was a little too much fun to worry about a little excruciating pain.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
Never been able to understand the point of hurting your body for a race. I would get it if it saved a life or something. I watched a young girl ruin her kidneys and destroy her own body just to claim the great advantage of crossing a line.

You don't understand the drive some people have.

It's a need. I thought mine was gone, but even now after all these years, watching my son go out on the mats and practice, my body still gets keyed up like I'm going out to work out and go. It absolutely wants to, I want to. There is no accounting for age and wear and tear. It's a desire and need, and it's not gone and likely never will be.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
Never been able to understand the point of hurting your body for a race. I would get it if it saved a life or something. I watched a young girl ruin her kidneys and destroy her own body just to claim the great advantage of crossing a line.

You don't understand the drive some people have.

It's a need. I thought mine was gone, but even now after all these years, watching my son go out on the mats and practice, my body still gets keyed up like I'm going out to work out and go. It absolutely wants to, I want to. There is no accounting for age and wear and tear. It's a desire and need, and it's not gone and likely never will be.

side topic?

wrestling?

May 6th Ben Askren is wrestling Jordan Burroughs at Beat the Streets.
6pm eastern

he might be interested

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Son isn't yet at the level where he's into watching as much, but he's getting there. His problem is that he gets emotionally invested when he does then gets upset when he backs the loser, so he swears it off again.

It'll be interesting. He has his first tournament this Saturday, and I'll be interested to see how he responds. I don't expect him to win although I think he could do well, but it being his very first ... well, it's a learning experience. My fear is that *he* is putting pressure on himself to win no matter how much we tell him not to and if he doesn't, he'll swear off tournaments convinced he sucks when he doesn't. He's very all or nothing that way.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

that all or nothing will pay off in the wrestling room as he gets older

how old?
what weight class?

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

how old?
what weight class?

Not wrestling. Tae kwon do. He's a purple belt, but since he's going novice to get experience in one-steps, he'll be wearing his high rank yellow belt. He just moved up to the competition class, so he has just started learning how to spar, and I expect he'll be getting his feet wet with that at his next tournament.

He's 8.
edit on 16-4-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

how old?
what weight class?

Not wrestling. Tae kwon do. He's a purple belt, but since he's going novice to get experience in one-steps, he'll be wearing his high rank yellow belt. He just moved up to the competition class, so he has just started learning how to spar, and I expect he'll be getting his feet wet with that at his next tournament.

He's 8.

apologies

i thought he was wrestling

its awesome he is in Tae kwon do

i think it is great when kids get into martial arts

he is going to have the best kicks around

i hope he does well at the tourny

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   

You are so angry these days. I used to enjoy reading your comments, but lately something is off.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
As a new runner....second year, 45 yo, and a pack a day smoker...26 minute 5k though....this made me cry.

A marine crawling over 4 miles to finish the Boston Marathon for his fallen brothers....wow!

Semper Fie.

www.theblaze.com...

Without clicking on your link, I have NO idea what you are trying to say. And since you don't describe what's in your link (you don't even mention hat you've posted a link, so maybe you're unaware that you did), I'm not clicking.

Did you cry because YOU did a 26 minute 5K? Or because a marine crawled across a finish line? Or are you the marine crawling across the finish line?

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: hiddeninsite

You are so angry these days. I used to enjoy reading your comments, but lately something is off.

My hope is that he's stopped smoking weed and that's why he's angry lately. If that's the case, we need to support him through it until he smooths out, so he doesnt go back to it.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Sounds good to me KansasGirl. I am genuinely worried. One lurks forever and gets to "know" members and well, I just hope all is okay.

Support is always the way to go.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: theatreboy
As a new runner....second year, 45 yo, and a pack a day smoker...26 minute 5k though....this made me cry.

A marine crawling over 4 miles to finish the Boston Marathon for his fallen brothers....wow!

Semper Fie.

www.theblaze.com...

Without clicking on your link, I have NO idea what you are trying to say. And since you don't describe what's in your link (you don't even mention hat you've posted a link, so maybe you're unaware that you did), I'm not clicking.

Did you cry because YOU did a 26 minute 5K? Or because a marine crawled across a finish line? Or are you the marine crawling across the finish line?

I usually love your posts, but this one, meh....as I said in the OP...a runner in the Boston marathon crawled 4 miles to finish....that is strength.

ETA: I will be doing my first 1/2 marathon in August...my goal is the Boston marathon in 2 years.
edit on 17-4-2019 by theatreboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: hiddeninsite

My hope is that he's stopped smoking weed and that's why he's angry lately. If that's the case, we need to support him through it until he smooths out, so he doesnt go back to it.

16 days clean

what up

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 03:44 AM
link   
i am 16 days clean but it is not that.

i have been in an unbelievable amount of pain the last week.

my hand is killing me.
i have been doing too much.

my car and my wife's car both needed a ton of work so i have been out there every day getting after it and it is taking it's toll on me.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 04:10 AM
link   

my hand is killing me.

my car and my wife's car both needed a ton of work so i have been out there every day getting after it and it is taking it's toll on me.

Bwaaaa🤣

Nice excuse.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

boobala

there you are

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

a reply to: Edumakated

souless right here then

didnt even think about crying

what i saw as a dude crawled across a finish line

big whoopty *

Doesnt surprise me that this:

Micah Herndon is a 31-year-old Marine veteran who served in Afghanistan. While he was deployed there, two Marines he was serving with and a British journalist were killed by an improvised explosive device. One of these men was his best friend, Matthew Ballard.
"Survivor's guilt, it's real," he told the Washington Post. "I definitely have it because I was the lead machine-gunner on that convoy and I didn't see that bomb that was buried. I live with that every day."

...means nothing to a person such as yourself. 👎

This was a lot more than just a guy crossing a finish line. He was coping with traumatic memories.

One of these men was his best friend, Matthew Ballard.

"Survivor's guilt, it's real,"

I didn't see that bomb that was buried. I live with that every day.

big whoopty

You know how many veterans commit suicide every year?

big whooptie

The thing is, you would never say that to his face. You would never say it if there was Any servicemen/women nearby. You say it here because you feel like you are safe.

You, sir, are a coward.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   

my hand is killing me.

Hey, its alright. If it makes you feel better, I'm a coward too sometimes. We all are at times. I just think us men do better when we call each other out on our #. There's no hard feelings, though, not truly. Just, you know, shape up your act, and such. You'll be alright. You got a wife? AND TWO (2) VEHICLES?? Woah, ok Mr. Hollywood... Um, I think Mr TinySickTears is ready for his closeup scene, just a little more powder here, a spot of rouge there, snip those few out-of-place strands of hair, and youre ready for your bjg scene,Mr Two Vehicles Hollywood Rich Guy! Like the rapper 2chains, you are 2cars. Ok, Im done now trying to cheer you up. Man up, its the only way. 😉👍

(if you wrote/write an angry or mean spirited reply to my last post, its forgiven in advance)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join