It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow. Just wow.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
As a new runner....second year, 45 yo, and a pack a day smoker...26 minute 5k though....this made me cry.

A marine crawling over 4 miles to finish the Boston Marathon for his fallen brothers....wow!

Semper Fie.

www.theblaze.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Never been able to understand the point of hurting your body for a race. I would get it if it saved a life or something. I watched a young girl ruin her kidneys and destroy her own body just to claim the great advantage of crossing a line.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

wont be popular bit BFD

take away the sad marine story and nobody gives a toss

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
As a new runner....second year, 45 yo, and a pack a day smoker...26 minute 5k though....this made me cry.

A marine crawling over 4 miles to finish the Boston Marathon for his fallen brothers....wow!

Semper Fie.

www.theblaze.com...

If that doesnt make you cry you gave no soul...

I wish I had that much inner strength.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Silent post to honor Ballard, Hamer, Juarez.

Thank you for your service.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

souless right here then

didnt even think about crying

what i saw as a dude crawled across a finish line

big whoopty *

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Push it to the limits is my motto.

But, accepting defeat is part of the learning process when it comes to the world of health and fitness, know your limits. Not everyone can be like a Serengeti warrior when it comes to long distance running.

Either way. That guy knew his limit, and pushed it a little further to make it easier for his body, I guess by crawling. He just wanted to finish, for good reason.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: Edumakated

souless right here then

didnt even think about crying

what i saw as a dude crawled across a finish line

big whoopty *

You are a real man aren't you...

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

well i am not a woman

so yeah

what do i have to do with this?

dude crawled..

super duper

if he wasnt a marine tossing his sob story nobody would give a crap

i just dont give a crap now

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Are you in this thread solely to roody poo a heart-warming story?

It's a beautiful act. Well done, marine. Clearly, he has love in his heart for his fallen friends. I'm proud of him, and he should feel proud.

edit on 16-4-2019 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

Are you in this thread solely to roody poo a heart-warming story?

It's a beautiful act. Well done, marine. Clearly, he has love in his heart for his fallen friends. I'm proud of him, and he should feel proud.

i am here to give my opinion like everyone esle

it does not have to fall in line with everyone elses opinion

if someone responds to me or asks me a question i will respond

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Your opinion was crystal clear after your first post, but you had to repeat it confrontationally after each well-wisher. I find that in poor taste.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Push it to the limits is my motto.

But, accepting defeat is part of the learning process when it comes to the world of health and fitness, know your limits. Not everyone can be like a Serengeti warrior when it comes to long distance running.

Either way. That guy knew his limit, and pushed it a little further to make it easier for his body, I guess by crawling. He just wanted to finish, for good reason.

Well as you get old and you learn, things like using your knees to crawl 4 miles means in your future your Family will be living with someone with ruined knee joints at the very min.
I think there are ways that honor People far better than hurting yourself permanently.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   

well i am not a woman

so yeah

what do i have to do with this?

dude crawled..

super duper

if he wasnt a marine tossing his sob story nobody would give a crap

i just dont give a crap now

You give enough of a crap to give an opinion, and stick around. I think you feel threatened by this guy.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Your opinion was crystal clear after your first post, but you had to repeat it confrontationally after each well-wisher. I find that in poor taste.

cool

then its in poor taste

guess we will just have to deal with this

i dont have to post in good taste

not really in the mood to sugar coat right now

public forum and all

enjoy

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I don't think he literally crawled four miles on his hands and knees. He probably had stints of getting up and walking, and crawling and near the end just couldn't stand, and crawled the final few hundred meters.

Either way, this guy was going through some mental pain. Perhaps this was his atonement to maybe bring closure to his own demons. His knees might be a little wonky, but his happiness might have been boosted 10,000% in life.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: theatreboy

Semper Fie.

www.theblaze.com...

If that doesnt make you cry you gave no soul...

I wish I had that much inner strength.

All people who have the fortitude and determination to meet their goal(s) in a difficult endeavor, are special. Very few humans qualify.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   

cool

then its in poor taste

guess we will just have to deal with this

i dont have to post in good taste

not really in the mood to sugar coat right now

public forum and all

enjoy

Ok cool. But you do realize you're s******* on a guy that has chosen this marathon to grieve and honor his friends. I mean if anything, you should be upset at the media for seeing a man crawling to the finish line, and deciding to interview him. Then again, I'm not sure why this bothers you enough to act like this, other than someone pissed in your breakfast this morning.

Well, actually I might know why.

edit on 16-4-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   

me not really caring at all and thinking it is not some huge deal is not exactly the same thing as crapping on him

so there is that

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

I don't think he literally crawled four miles on his hands and knees. He probably had stints of getting up and walking, and crawling and near the end just couldn't stand, and crawled the final few hundred meters.

Either way, this guy was going through some mental pain. Perhaps this was his atonement to maybe bring closure to his own demons. His knees might be a little wonky, but his happiness might have been boosted 10,000% in life.

Looks like you are right it helps him somehow.

Herndon said he was drawn to running several years ago when he realized it provided him with the “release” he desperately sought. At the time, Herndon, like many veterans, was struggling to cope with the challenges of transitioning back to normal life after spending four years on active duty in the Marines, during which he was deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan

www.washingtonpost.com... nish-line/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.0dbeded8bd45

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join