It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On the idea of ATS being a right wing echo chamber

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   
There are left-wing posters, even a quite a few in this thread. That essentially refutes the notion of a "right-wing echo chamber".

After failing that argument, now it's the amount of threads. But what has yet to be proven is whether this an indictment on right-wing posters, or an admission of guilt on the part of left-wing posters, who are unwilling or unable to produce their own content.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
i am personally insulted daily here

nothing ever done about that

lets keep it going

Complain about it when you see it using the complaint feature. That is why it exists. If you won't use it, then you lose your position to complain about things happening that Staff aren't seeing on their own. We're dipping close into no-go territory here in regards to Staff discussing moderation of members in public and with other members, but since it seems to be a recurring theme Staff has seen from multiple members, I think there's a lot of value to dipping our toes into the water here. There are two things that generally are seen to lead to what you're complaining about.
1. A member gets badgered for a period of time by one or more other members, but doesn't alert Staff to it, then replies angrily to his or her tormentors with a measurable escalation of venom. *Sometimes* Staff will recognize that there was a paper trail of sorts that started the conflict and multiple members will see their posts removed for manners violations or worse, but it really depends heavily on thread size. In some of the 10, 20, 30+ page threads, when the explosion happens on Page 25 and the whole thing started on Page 4, those details aren't going to be picked up on by Staff. We are a volunteer crew and most all of us also participate as members here, so we don't have the time to go hunting for the offense. This can easily be rectified by simply sending us a complaint. When we get a complaint, multiple Staff members look into it and it gets our full attention.
2. A member gets insulted in one thread, or feels they were slighted in one thread, and then takes the argument against their fellow member into a different thread. This is a prime example of what should never, ever be done because it almost always ends with the person who "finished it" getting the entirety of the Staff penalties. In almost every case, we're walking into what we see as a "cold insult" because the grieved member has failed to let us know there was a situation in another thread and, again, we cannot even remotely lay eyes on every post made on ATS or even every thread. Filing a complaint instead of going Han Solo on it is, again, the proper way to address this by a grieved member.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

whatever you say burd

i am making a point. not complaining

i get called a pussy and a coward and an asshole on here every day
by more than 1 member

youre right. i dont hit the button.

those posts never get pulled so you are telling me they are never seen by staff?
if that is what you are saying i simply do not believe you

we can stop dipping toes in though

i asked about it

you responded

its all good

kind of feel like with the way it is leaning these days me keeping on wont end good for me.

i made my point

you made yours

all good

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Lol

Dude, we both had our posts pulled the other day, wow.

SMDH

Take a guess which mod removed them?
edit on 18-4-2019 by Muninn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

Lol

Dude, we both had our posts pulled the other day, wow.

SMDH

wasnt talking about you actually

you are pretty slick about your digs

others are more out in the open

you saying you dont follow me around?
why lie about it?

you know damn well you do

in thread after thread you will pop in with a 1 or 2 line comment directed only at me and then dip out

no real discussion or point of view

you saying you dont do that?

hahahahahaha

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I'm sorry, I've been biting my tongue, erm, fingers for a while now, but I've just got to say this...

EVERYONE KNOWS YOUR MOMMA WEARS ARMY BOOTS TO BED!

Does NOT!!

Does TOO!!

Does NOT!!

Does TOO!!

Does NOT!!

Does TOO!!

Does NOT!!

Does Too...times infinity! I win!

LOL!!!
edit on 4/18/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I don't even bother to complain when I'm insulted any more. I learned my lesson. I however do hit the alert button when others are maligned.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I don't even bother to complain when I'm insulted any more. I learned my lesson. I however do hit the alert button when others are maligned.

i have never once hit a complaint button or pm'd a mod about anything.

i am not complaining now.

i am just trying to make a point.

there is no way all the insults against me go unnoticed.
it happen every day

nothing done about it.

this is a fact

i know what i see

i am not going to stop making their lies known though. thats for sure

its either do that or dip out like so many others because it is impossible to have a debate or a conversation these days.

you know what i am talking about.

(post by SeenItBelieveIt removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Tartuffe

Whats failing is that you are repeating the same argument from pages ago that I already spelt out in crayon (not literally before you make a thread on it) to Grambler.

You are literally repeating other posters while refuting the existence of echo's. You'd find it funny if you could understand what was going on.

I need to get me a facepalm meme so I can attach it to my replies to you.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeenItBelieveIt

Whats failing is that you are repeating the same argument from pages ago that I already spelt out in crayon (not literally before you make a thread on it) to Grambler.

You are literally repeating other posters while refuting the existence of echo's. You'd find it funny if you could understand what was going on.

I need to get me a facepalm meme so I can attach it to my replies to you.

Yeah sorry, you couldn't muster a reasonable argument. It didn't require any attention.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Oh thank god, I mean.... no-one was talking to you in the first place anyway but thanks for dropping by and completely failing to understand simple logic.

Yeehaw off to the next Trump thread to post about echo chambers you go. You won't be happy till every thread is filled with the noise of you denying there's an echo.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   
The radical left are causing more people to leave their party.

Some of the left and their views on things have gone too radical.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join