It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On the idea of ATS being a right wing echo chamber

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

what does reddit have to do with this site?

we are talking about this site

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Might just be that the global Establishment has drifted from being fairly conservative decades ago to now being firmly entrenched within the spectrum of liberal politics, making their adherents, celebrants, and more liberal minded citizens far less conspiracy minded (as the grist of conspiracy theory always stems from underlings feeling suspicious of shenanngians and malfeasance taking place within the Establishment and being covered up by the Establishment's elite.) As a result, the tables have flipped from where they were several decades ago and the Conservatives are the ones with far less to lose and far fewer potential allies to frustrate and bedevil by identifying corruption and hypocrisy within the ruling class.

Conservatives have become the new Flower Children in regards to which side of the Establishment they're lining up on.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Don't like labels.
Something odd happened the other day: stumbled into a thread, asked a question, and felt odd:

Ted Lieu: Probably THE BIGGEST LIAR in History!

Any ideas about what might have happened, would be welcomed to contemplate. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Yeah, you kinda went into burnin' dumpster fire mode there didn't ya.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: TinySickTears

Go try to be even slightly right leaning on reddit and come back and tell me if ats is toxic to the left.

I once went to reddit to comment on the upcoming release of the Mueller report. Most of the comments were of the "f**k Trump* variety. I told them they were going to be disappointed, that they were helping a witch hunt. My comment was downvoted to oblivion and my mailbox filled with messages calling me stupid, a cultist, a bootlicker, and names that cannot be repeated here. Of course we all know how that turned out.

ATS is pleasant by comparison.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The irony is superb....

Mainly right wingers talking about how ATS isn't a right wing echo chamber.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tartuffe

Go try to be even slightly right leaning on reddit and come back and tell me if ats is toxic to the left.

I once went to reddit to comment on the upcoming release of the Mueller report. Most of the comments were of the "f**k Trump* variety. I told them they were going to be disappointed, that they were helping a witch hunt. My comment was downvoted to oblivion and my mailbox filled with messages calling me stupid, a cultist, a bootlicker, and names that cannot be repeated here. Of course we all know how that turned out.

cool

are we really doing a but reddit now?

the thread is about this site being right wing not other sites or the entirety of the internet

so i fail to see the point

ATS is hard core crazy compared to cupcake land

so whats the point?

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   
No.

The truth is the term 'right wing echo chamber' is just yet another left spectrum term used to describe people( or groups of people) who disagree with them.

It's like all the 'ism's' they are so fond of.

This site isn't an 'echo chamber' and never has been.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

cool

are we really doing a but reddit now?

the thread is about this site being right wing not other sites or the entirety of the internet

so i fail to see the point

ATS is hard core crazy compared to cupcake land

so whats the point?

Oh, was I talking to you? No?

Alright then.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Tartuffe

burn

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

It's not about me, and it wasn't about me.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   
It's not an echo chamber theres always different opinions, just some of you get ass hurt and hurl out accusations as some form of defense mechanism.

There's like what 10 hardcore right wingers that post all the time if that?

Then there's probably some 100 users you secretly assume to be right wingers lol.

# be hilarious.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

It's not about me, and it wasn't about me.

It's not?
You sorta made the thread about your lack of being able to understand.

Did you not?

link   

originally posted by: olaru12
The irony is superb....

Mainly right wingers talking about how ATS isn't a right wing echo chamber.

Your continued presence here would seem to indicate those Right Wingers aren't wrong.

link   

burn

I was making a comparison between ATS and one of the most popular websites on the internet, which speaks to the point of the thread. You got triggered by it.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   

burn

I was making a comparison between ATS and one of the most popular websites on the internet, which speaks to the point of the thread. You got triggered by it.

nope.
not triggered and you have no valid point

we are talking about ATS

you deflect to Reddit

what r/ were you on?

reddit is a big place

i bet you could find an r/ where they would gargle it up like they do here

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   

He gave an example of a true echo chamber Brad, I know that its hard to understand examples sometimes.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   

It's particularly hilarious to see you lumped in as if you were among the site's ConservaLords. I seem to recall thinking you were a bit on the leftist side years back but look at what's happened... if you don't move, and just stand still long enough, the political spectrum and goalposts move around you and you find yourself in new company.
JFK would have found this fascinating... as he wrote his contribution check to Big D Player Trump.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

He gave an example of a true echo chamber Brad, I know that its hard to understand examples sometimes.

cool

another one exists then

still talking about ATS

not but muh reddit

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   

burn

nope.
not triggered and you have no valid point

we are talking about ATS

you deflect to Reddit

what r/ were you on?

reddit is a big place

i bet you could find an r/ where they would gargle it up like they do here

A comparison is not a deflection and is entirely on topic. I just think you don't like being reminded that us here on ATS are in the minority, and your complaints are hilarious in retrospect.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join